xisto Community
Samleeuwenburg

Laptop Cannot Connect To My Domain this specific laptop cannot connect to my domain nor the cPanel

Hey guys,So I bought a domain and hosting at Xisto 2 days ago. Yesterday I logged into the cPanel changed the password for it and after that when i tried to load http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ It says the following:"The connection has timed outThe server at zennized.net is taking too long to respond."So I tried different browser, also no luck :( then I tried my mobile phone (which isnt on my network) and it worked just fine.. I could even connect to the cPanel again..But on my laptop I cant.. I even went to a friend and checked there if the index would load, and it did.. so I'm geussing it must be my laptop..Anyone know how this might have happened?

The site loads for me (currently just a directory listing). Could you check it again and confirm whether it loads - it's possible the problem was only temporary.

You can login from anywhere except your laptop? Then I'm guessing the fault may be within your laptop's browser. Did you try clearing history+cookies and trying again? That is the first thing I do whenever there is some problem with my domain management and usually it works fine. If that doesn't work, try using another browser and check if it still exists. If it doesn't work even then, I suggest that you wait for a few more suggestions over here! :D I hope your problem gets resolved soon.

Since you already told me that changing browsers doesn't work, I think you should try changing the DNS servers of your site. Your ISP's Dns is probably overwhelmed right now or doesn't handle something in your site. Usually, problems like this with the ISP's DNS takes weeks at least to start working normally, but instead of that, you can change your DNS server to something that works in a jiffy, and its free.

The BEST free DNS provider is OpenDNS. I use them too and when some sites are down for the rest of the net, it works for me :) The DNS IP address for OpenDNS is -

Primary DNS server: 208.67.222.222	Secondary DNS server: 208.67.220.220
Write this down, you are going to need it later. Now, open up browser and type in "192.168.1.1" without the quotes. It should ask for your Username and Password, usually its "admin" without the quotes for both of them. If it doesn't work, check the box that came with your router or ring up your ISP and ask them. Now that you are in, look for the settings tab and advanced dns and then DNS (this varies according to your router but just keep searching until you find it). Then enter the DNS server IPs into the boxes. Now click SAVE and then turn your router off and wait for 10 seconds. After 10 secs, turn it back on.

Go to the internet now, and check if a page loads. If it does, then it means you did it correctly. Then try going to your webpage. I'm 99% sure that your site should load now, Good LUCK! :D

it isnt a temporary problem, and it still isnt working.. plus its only for this laptop :S tried different browsers didnt work :(

You can login from anywhere except your laptop? Then I'm guessing the fault may be within your laptop's browser. Did you try clearing history+cookies and trying again? That is the first thing I do whenever there is some problem with my domain management and usually it works fine. If that doesn't work, try using another browser and check if it still exists. If it doesn't work even then, I suggest that you wait for a few more suggestions over here! :D I hope your problem gets resolved soon.

I have deleted everything in my history and all my cookies, didnt do any good :(

thanks for trying tho, all the help is welcome !

Since you already told me that changing browsers doesn't work, I think you should try changing the DNS servers of your site. Your ISP's Dns is probably overwhelmed right now or doesn't handle something in your site. Usually, problems like this with the ISP's DNS takes weeks at least to start working normally, but instead of that, you can change your DNS server to something that works in a jiffy, and its free.
The BEST free DNS provider is OpenDNS. I use them too and when some sites are down for the rest of the net, it works for me :) The DNS IP address for OpenDNS is -

Primary DNS server: 208.67.222.222	Secondary DNS server: 208.67.220.220
Write this down, you are going to need it later. Now, open up browser and type in "192.168.1.1" without the quotes. It should ask for your Username and Password, usually its "admin" without the quotes for both of them. If it doesn't work, check the box that came with your router or ring up your ISP and ask them. Now that you are in, look for the settings tab and advanced dns and then DNS (this varies according to your router but just keep searching until you find it). Then enter the DNS server IPs into the boxes. Now click SAVE and then turn your router off and wait for 10 seconds. After 10 secs, turn it back on.

Go to the internet now, and check if a page loads. If it does, then it means you did it correctly. Then try going to your webpage. I'm 99% sure that your site should load now, Good LUCK! :D

I actually laughed cause when I did step one it does the same as it does to my website.. it doesnt load..
192.168.1.1 .. same problem..

and I have tried clearing my history and clearing my cookies etc. still doesnt work :(

Check your network card (Ethernet) interface icon. It may be set as 'disabled' or your antivirus/firewall is blocking all data coming from your Ethernet card. I did it one and I can't figure it out that I was blocking my Ethernet card on my firewall. :D

Maybe the problem is your laptop browser and you maybe have problems with a firewall or with you network because the page is loading for me. This maybe is a configuration problem because a browser in a laptop and in a PC have no difference at all and they have to load all the pages without a problem if they have a good internet connection. So I recommend you to see the configuration of your browser and your network and if the problem persist you can try to uninstall your browsers and re-intall them with the default configuration and test if your laptop load your domain or the problem remains.In some countries and in some networks the problem is maybe the IP from the reminder in this case if you are hosting with Xisto all your Ip from your site will be from India so if in your country or your network have problems with the Indian IP?s you will know about your problem. But I doubt this because almost all the countries only have problems with the Chinese IP?s, because the chinese are very intelligent and like to hack a lot.So please research and if you have an update please post it to help you if I can.Bye.

please shut down your computer, unplug your router complely, turn your computer back on, and then plug your router back in. sometimes your router needs to be reset. you don't have to shut down your computer, but it's always good just to make sure that isn't the problem either. sometimes you just never know :) plus, it will take a while for your router to come back online....

The problem is only with your laptop. Your Server must have blocked your laptop's IP address. It is working with all the browsers on my PC. So send request to the support of your web host to unblock the IP address of your laptop this can solve your issue.