xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fermin25

Is Coke Harmful? Yes or not

Yes,it's not natural, anything that's not natural is not good for you and damages your body, the fact of the matter is; we were not meant to consume the stuff we do today, do you think Adam and Eve sat around drinking coke? nope.I don't think there's anything to worry about though, the damage is minimal, it's no more bad for you then the other stuff you consume.and as far as getting cancer and other diseases, No, there is nothing in coke that can hard you in that way...it's just not good for you.aside from the fact if you leave a nail in a bottle of coke overnight, the nail will melt from the acid :) but that's just what I've been told.

aside from the fact if you leave a nail in a bottle of coke overnight, the nail will melt from the acid

I heard Coca Cola carried out the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center!
But seriously, all of these flesh/metal-melting rumours are false. My favourite was about the factory worker who fell into a vat of Coca Cola and was dissolved in 5 minutes. P'shaw!

Well, I think you don't need to drink to much coke or pepsi, as it might have some effect on you, but if you drink it sometimes, I don't see anything bad in it, if it's a true coke and not some alternative coke with some bad for your health minerals :DI also heard, that some lemonades and other refreshing drinks are worst for your health than coke, as there's nothing to much bad for you in it unless you drink lots and lots of it? Also it depends on the country and how it's made, as I know the same coke is a bit different in different regions, like in Europe or Asia?I personally don't drink coke unless I do a cocktail with some drink having alcohol :D

Be it coke or pepsi or other drinks the problem is in pesticide contained in it. The amount in it makes worst for the drinkers. In india coke and pepsi found guilty of adding amount which way above acceptable level. Besides that in india they don't care for the storage of the drinks. You'll find that these drinks are there for more than 2 years and i don't know how they managed to drink all that. There are many legal cases against coke and pepsi in india. They infected rivers and water reserves with their poison and now they have large percentage of pesticides in it.
Still people drink all that and life goes on.

I saw that documentary on tv about people complaining that Coke infected the water of a poor town in India, it was horrible to see how bad the water was not only for drinking but for any use, this case in particular turn out "well" because the people put a lawsuit against Coke company and won, they had to close down the plant but the damage was already done, because the population couldn't use the water of the town anymore. That's why it kind of make me mad when I see this Coke commercials saying enjoy life and stuff because it make me think about the people suffering the consequences from the production of this beverage.

I do think it's harmful for the body to drink sodas specially dark sodas, because here in Colombia for example they use Coke to clean up screws and machinery stuff, they put Coke in a glass and left the stuff in there for a couple hours (I don't know how many), and when they get the stuff out is totally clean, no grease no dirt no anything, so if the coke does that to a screw I can't imagine the damage caused to the stomach.

I try not to drink sodas but it is really hard not to drink them sometimes.

i think drinking small amount a day will not cause any problem but everyone knows that coke drinks are high on fructose or some scientists say they have High-Fructose Corn Syrup. this thing can have very bad effects like getting fat, fructose can produce more fat than any other sweetener in same amount of use and this can be really dangerous for your life. i have read another dangerous effect is "Inhibits copper metabolism" which can lead to bone fragility, this one will not show itself till you get old like above 60yr old and then you will find its effects like when you fall down from a very small height your bones brake. i should say all of these effects are not happening very soon, they will show themselves after you get old so till you are 30 or 40 you will not see any effects if you don't use too much. there are many issues related to caffeine too but i don't believe with drinking coke once a day any of that effects will harm you even if you get 100 years old so i don't think that amount of caffeine in cokes is harmful at all. anyway i was a coke addict but i have reduced its usage by once every three or four day so i suggest everyone to reduce its usage because it doesn't worth to harm yourself by coke.

Dear friend I herewith don?t want to spell any companies name but I have read in a research paper that a person who regularly use such chilled soft drinks in spite of milk or tea leads a shorter life. As the chemical and preservatives used in such drinks are not normally used in prescribed proportion which leads health hazards in return, here I would like to state that the results as such are not instant or on spot but very slow so it is very difficult to diagnosis weather it is due to its regular use or due to some other facts what ever it is no body states is as good as milk and tea and on the other no body stated it as bad as tobacco or alcohol.

Well for me it is. I am not expert so maybe it depends on the body of the person. I am acidic so when I drink coke, it triggers it so I am not drinking that to save me from pain. I think you shouldn't wait for something to happen to you before you believe. You can start living a much healthier lifestyle.

I think the correct answer is we don't really know whether it is harmful, but it doesn't appear to be harmful as far as we know at the present time. It is a drink that has been there for a long time. It contains caffeine, and so do coffee and tea. Coffee and tea have been there for a long, long time. My guess that is caffeine is not harmful to human body as long as a reasonably small amount of it is used.One can always augue otherwise, or one can always be concerned about it. Drinking water can be harmful also - maybe.

i have about 20 bottles of coke (of different sorts) in my kitchen i don't really drink it i have taken to drinking flavoured water i perfer it but i will still drink coke if i have no flavoured water it never done me no harm and i have drunk it all my life. just don't drink it every second of everyday because there is a lot of sugar but its ok to drink a glass now and then.

I also used to drink too much coke but now I limit its consumption as I read many articles where it is stated that coke is harmful for our body. It contains caffeine which is not good for our body.

Almost any type of drink has caffeine. It's a lot like c4l said though, it's not about the fact you drink it, it's how MUCH you drink. Anything in massive excess is going to be bad, regardless of how neutral or "good" it was prior.