xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rpgsearcherz

Missing Posts

HaAHaHa... Thank God! QUICK REPLY is gone forever. atleast, something good happened. I edited all forums and disabled quick reply in all.
NEXT QUESTION: Should RICH TEXT EDITOR be enabled?

Noooo !! I want the Quick reply back ! I dont care if its bugged for now . I'd rather do a Ctrl-A , Ctrl-C before clicking post than to click on Add Reply and wait for the page to load. If people like anwii prefer the second way fine! Lets try to fix the issue and not remove the feature !

Noooo !! I want the Quick reply back ! I dont care if its bugged for now . I'd rather do a Ctrl-A , Ctrl-C before clicking post than to click on Add Reply and wait for the page to load. If people like anwii prefer the second way fine! Lets try to fix the issue and not remove the feature !

if something is buggy, the best thing to do for the time being is disable it until we can figure out a fix. this is one of the biggest complaints. buggy features that aren't disabled are upsetting the members here. it makes absolutely NO SENSE to enable something that is buggy and upsetting the majority of the users. NONE.

HaAHaHa... Thank God! QUICK REPLY is gone forever. atleast, something good happened. I edited all forums and disabled quick reply in all.
NEXT QUESTION: Should RICH TEXT EDITOR be enabled?

i usually use the quick reply editor, never used the standard one just now when the quick reply editor is disabled, i like to use it because it shows in the same page as the posts are, this way i can write and check posts if i want to add anything more.

so yes i support enabling it again BUT only if it works fine, if not then don't do it please.

@ rpgsearcherz
if you have some posts never show up maybe because they need moderators approval, now there are sections where even posts not only topics need approval, just like "just for knowledge" category.

if something is buggy, the best thing to do for the time being is disable it until we can figure out a fix. this is one of the biggest complaints. buggy features that aren't disabled are upsetting the members here. it makes absolutely NO SENSE to enable something that is buggy and upsetting the majority of the users. NONE.

I agree with Anwiii with here, even though I LOVE the quick reply, it simply has to be disabled here or a user who doesn't know it is buggy might lose their posts and get p*ssed off... especially a new user -- they get mad very easily :D

OMG I JUST LOST THIS POST EVEN IN THE STANDARD REPLY PAGE... THANK GOODNESS I COPIED IT BEFORE I POSTED! Now, I know that even standard reply is not safe...

BE CAREFUL EVERYONE!

Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

!Firefox Users! Great extension alert! Download the Extension called "Lazarus" (which will prevent you from losing anything you typed in a form (ie: a post) in case of a crash or forum error. It works great, and you'd be surprised how often it proves itself to be worth having. It only takes a minute to install and you'll never lose a post again.

I agree with Anwiii with here, even though I LOVE the quick reply, it simply has to be disabled here or a user who doesn't know it is buggy might lose their posts and get p*ssed off... especially a new user -- they get mad very easily :D

OMG I JUST LOST THIS POST EVEN IN THE STANDARD REPLY PAGE... THANK GOODNESS I COPIED IT BEFORE I POSTED! Now, I know that even standard reply is not safe...

BE CAREFUL EVERYONE!

yea, i just lost another one just now in another thread. i didn't copy it first :)

Well, that means the reply method and the rich text editor are both irrelevant in terms of the issue. I still think the memory could be what is causing the problems because if it runs out of memory, it would be neglecting to run commands while waiting for some to free up -- in this case, it would be forgetting to run the actual post commands.

I've always used the quick reply and have never had a problem. Of course, i always use the simple editor. I only use the full editor when i want to preview my posts before posting. The rich text editor brings too many problems, both visually and within the code itself. As a moderator, editing posts that the rich text editor has messed up is not a fun task, especially when the user had copied content from from a site with different fonts and font sizes. What about those who are used to a rich text editor and are now to use the simple editor? Learning BB code is not a hard task, and even the simple text editor has those rich text editor buttons at the top. Trial and error will teach them how to use BB code if they choose not to look at the BB code help page. They have more freedom with their text formating with the simpler editor than with the rich text editor. I'd say bring back quick reply and disable the rich text editor. I have yet to lose a post; i have had the session time out on me due to how long it took me to write something out, but in the next page it would show me my entire post for me to copy and paste it back after refreshing the session. But if i ever lose a post in the same way as described in this topic, that can help me figure out the problem.If your browser has good session management, you can go back in history and see your post again. I know this works in Opera.

I've always used the quick reply and have never had a problem. Of course, i always use the simple editor. I only use the full editor when i want to preview my posts before posting. The rich text editor brings too many problems, both visually and within the code itself. As a moderator, editing posts that the rich text editor has messed up is not a fun task, especially when the user had copied content from from a site with different fonts and font sizes. What about those who are used to a rich text editor and are now to use the simple editor? Learning BB code is not a hard task, and even the simple text editor has those rich text editor buttons at the top. Trial and error will teach them how to use BB code if they choose not to look at the BB code help page. They have more freedom with their text formating with the simpler editor than with the rich text editor. I'd say bring back quick reply and disable the rich text editor. I have yet to lose a post; i have had the session time out on me due to how long it took me to write something out, but in the next page it would show me my entire post for me to copy and paste it back after refreshing the session. But if i ever lose a post in the same way as described in this topic, that can help me figure out the problem.
If your browser has good session management, you can go back in history and see your post again. I know this works in Opera.

I thought Opera and Firefox were both from the same company (Mozilla). If so, you'd think Firefox would allow that as well, but it doesn't -- at least mine isn't.

If your browser has good session management, you can go back in history and see your post again. I know this works in Opera.

Yeah, you can do that in Firefox too! But I use Chrome most of the time so it doesn't work...

I thought Opera and Firefox were both from the same company (Mozilla). If so, you'd think Firefox would allow that as well, but it doesn't -- at least mine isn't.

No, where are you Browser Knowledge, boy? Firefox is made by Mozilla and Opera is a company by itself.

Yeah, you can do that in Firefox too! But I use Chrome most of the time so it doesn't work...

No, where are you Browser Knowledge, boy? Firefox is made by Mozilla and Opera is a company by itself.

Wow, upon a quick search you're right. Were they ever run by the same company?

For some reason I am fairly certain they were the same at one point, lol. I have no idea where I remember that from or why though. False memory maybe.

I think you got confused with netscape or something. Somehow I'm also getting the feeling that Firefox was not the first product of Mozilla. I think Netscape was owned by Mozilla and eventually they chucked it and made Firefox. Dunno though :|

Wow, upon a quick search you're right. Were they ever run by the same company?
For some reason I am fairly certain they were the same at one point, lol. I have no idea where I remember that from or why though. False memory maybe.

No, They were never run by the same company. I thought you would have noticed that Opera And Firefox run differently and are no way alike each other except the fact that they are browsers. They have different widgets, addons and extensions/themes that are not compatible with each other... if they were the same company they would make it so you could use Opera theme on Firefox, I think you have mistaken Mozilla's other browsers like Thunderbird for Opera. I hope you know about Chrome lol just kidding :D

I think you got confused with netscape or something. Somehow I'm also getting the feeling that Firefox was not the first product of Mozilla. I think Netscape was owned by Mozilla and eventually they chucked it and made Firefox. Dunno though :|

Great job!

I searched for Firefox/Netscape and in fact those were the two that were the same. According to Wiki, Netscape 8 was directly branched off of Firefox (which also seems to be where the split started).

Thanks for clearing that up. At least now I know I'm not *completely* crazy, :).