xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rpgsearcherz

Missing Posts

Great job!
I searched for Firefox/Netscape and in fact those were the two that were the same. According to Wiki, Netscape 8 was directly branched off of Firefox (which also seems to be where the split started).

Thanks for clearing that up. At least now I know I'm not *completely* crazy, :).

Wait.. does that mean the Firefox is older than Netscape and that Netscape was branched off of firefox? I thought Netscape was one of the oldest browsers after Mosaic.

Did you guys experience POST missing problems now?
Can I assume this to be fixed?

I've the same problem now, except that I click 'POST' and it redirects it to the page and my post is lost. Then, I go back and post it again but it doesn't let me post. I tried opening up the thread in Opera and Chrome and posted it but it is the same... the only way it works again is clearing my COOKIES (using the link in the footer of the forum) and logging in again.

With my knowledge, I think something is haywire in the forum cache system.

Ever since you removed that rich text editor I haven't lost a single post. A couple others have though, so it may depend on what's happening with the forums at the same time as a post is being made.

As far as I know... Netscape Communications created Mozilla which was basically the same thing as Netscape Navigator, which used to be the best browser to use if I remember correctly. It was very popular before it disappeared into oblivion. My first experience on the internet was with Netscape so I remember it fondly :). Firefox was based on Mozilla, so I guess it's a descendant of Netscape Navigator. I think Netscape had a revival which is why you're confused deadmad. It was brought back from the dead and used code of modern day Firefox. Like naming your child after your grandfather. [Netscape Navigator (Mozilla) --> Firefox --> New Netscape] I'm pretty sure Opera has no relation to Mozilla and was created from scratch by Opera software (or whatever they call themselves).

Edited by rob86 (see edit history)

Well I knew RTE was bugged since the upgrade because you couldn't edit properly without messing up your post. Especially if you use a lot of BBcode to make it look pretty.As for the disappearing posts yeah I ran into that a few times myself and it took a lot of refreshing for it kick in. with what I had to do I thought I had to marge alot of posts but I didn't. As for that memory issue, that MySQL related and that sometimes deals with server load issues and usually a restart or fresh fixes the issue.As for the off topic Netscape was first, Various people who developed the browser moved on to Mozilla and developed Firefox.

i wouldn't assume anything, but all my posts have been showing recently. rpg has been posting more than anyone and he said none of his posts have gone missing recently either. i do think it's safe to say that the majority of the missing post problems have been solved. deadmad has still reported a couple missing posts though so i am not sure what that is about.

i wouldn't assume anything, but all my posts have been showing recently. rpg has been posting more than anyone and he said none of his posts have gone missing recently either. i do think it's safe to say that the majority of the missing post problems have been solved. deadmad has still reported a couple missing posts though so i am not sure what that is about.

I haven't been posting as much lately. There have been times the last few days where I'm gone for literally 5 hours and when I come back there are 0 new posts. It's been killing the mood, lol.

I haven't been posting as much lately. There have been times the last few days where I'm gone for literally 5 hours and when I come back there are 0 new posts. It's been killing the mood, lol.

I hope to change some of that as I'm now back from my break. I didn't expect that the forum would change so much in so little time. So removing the quick reply box has solved the missing posts issue? That's good to know and I hope there's some good solution for bringing back the box as well. So rpg, if you're going to keep up your posting then you'll surely be seeing a handful of replies each time you login - I'll be doing my best to fill up the forum. We desperately need some normal activity around here, instead of all the sparring that's been going on in a few threads!!!

I hope to change some of that as I'm now back from my break. I didn't expect that the forum would change so much in so little time. So removing the quick reply box has solved the missing posts issue? That's good to know and I hope there's some good solution for bringing back the box as well. So rpg, if you're going to keep up your posting then you'll surely be seeing a handful of replies each time you login - I'll be doing my best to fill up the forum. We desperately need some normal activity around here, instead of all the sparring that's been going on in a few threads!!!

I'm not really sure what fixed the missing posts problem -- some people are still having some (I haven't though).

And yeah, I've been trying to help resurrect the forums but it's been a little hard; trying not to resurrect old forums, while at the same time not making spammy posts. I do hope at some point we can return to how it used to be -- before I had to take a break before, there were a lot of great conversations here to take part in. I miss it.

Just as an update, I haven't been missing any posts still but I have had issues creating new threads sometimes. If I re-post every 5 mins, at some point it will usually go through.

I don't get the memory error though so I'm not sure if the issue is due to low memory in the system or what.