xisto Community
iGuest

Information Stealth

According to your profile you joined on January 23rd of 2006, so maybe you joined back in the day and just forgot about it. The other name for this site is Xisto.com so that is probably where your confusion is coming from.

where the hell did you people get my mail id from?I never registered for this site!!!

now this is a fun coincidence. as rpgsearcherz said, seems you are an old member here, but you didn't recognized Xisto after changing its name and the new theme. anyway, welcome back.

now this is a fun coincidence. as rpgsearcherz said, seems you are an old member here, but you didn't recognized Xisto after changing its name and the new theme. anyway, welcome back.

This can't be a coincidence, I've been having an issue with getting random emails from these forums, saying that there were replies in threads that I never posted to.

This can't be a coincidence, I've been having an issue with getting random emails from these forums, saying that there were replies in threads that I never posted to.

well, maybe then a topic you started long time ago.
but you didn't tell us at the first place, are you an old member in Xisto or not?

I've had the same problem - just had 2 emails from this site giving me notifications that someone posted here. It actually told me about this specific thread. I never registered here, and I definitely haven't posted on your topic before.Weird.

I've had the same problem - just had 2 emails from this site giving me notifications that someone posted here. It actually told me about this specific thread. I never registered here, and I definitely haven't posted on your topic before.Weird.

Seems like you got those notifications because you probably subscribed to this topic before and forgot about it... which seems unlikely because this topic is only a few weeks old.

Looks like somethings messed up with the Emailing system, I better tell the admin. Thank for reporting this, Emily! Also, if you need free web hosting and domains, you can register for a username (which is free) and get enough money to get some hosting! Hope I'll see you soon around the forums!

well, this is even more weird i think, because you have a profile in here and you are still a guest???

maybe there is some error in the system here, or there's another explanation i am not quite sure how much it is right. since this profile is been created four years ago so maybe it is all about the email. sometimes when emails are expired or needed activation especially in yahoo mail, they are been deleted for that user and not accessible any more, and that account could be taken by any other new user when sign up in yahoo mail for example. if i remember right in yahoo mail old users have three months to activate their emails if not it will be expired.

so maybe if you created your email through these four years, and it was belong for an old member in this forums before, then this is why you are now getting emails from the forum.

so maybe if you created your email through these four years, and it was belong for an old member in this forums before, then this is why you are now getting emails from the forum.

Very good thought there. I didn't even think about this.

In the emails they are getting though, it should tell the username or *something* and have a link to unsubscribe if they want.

Maybe your email has beed stolen and that person used your email to get registered for this forum. I recommend you to changer your email?s password to protect it. But now you are in here you can see all the features of this fantastic forum like the free hosting plan and all the domains you can buy only by posting here regularly. You can post here like in another sites but with the difference that you will get something back to you very valuable because no all the people can get hosting plan for free with the quality that xisto can get you. If you someday dreamed with having a website this is your fantastic opportunity to get your dreams in the real life.So I recommend you to keep posting here and earn a lot of Mycents, they are free you only have to post, it?s not very difficult and get your domain names and web hosting plans for free.Welcome and keep posting please.

I think you registered for the old forum and got this username while replying to some X topic. Read only mode in earlier forum used to have guest forum posting. That forum could have registered you in this system and now you got this profile and email notification. I think of only this possibility. I see no other reason of you getting inside the database in any other way. Look at the joining date it's 4 year back. So definitely it has something to do with guest posting or sign up form for guest posting. Maybe earlier guest posting had email address field when you asked question in old Xisto forum but now it's not there anymore.

An introduction thread running so long? After reading through this I felt this thread shouldn't be in this forum in the first case. Oh well...@Unregistered: Our forum doesn't steal anyone's information :P You might have unintentionally signed up sometime back and that's why your data is still present. We've got hundreds of old members who most probably won't come back any soon, but their data still stays with the forum. So now you can either continue posting (which is a useful thing to do, considering its benefits) or you can disable email notifications and you won't get any doubts of the forum "stealing" your information again! I hope you'll be back posting soon.

hmmmm now that's funny

i found this name on the topic list : Guest_James_* , yet when i entered the topic i found out the thread starter inside is : Unregistered027. is this some kind of bug? :lol:

hmmmm now that's funny

i found this name on the topic list : Guest_James_* , yet when i entered the topic i found out the thread starter inside is : Unregistered027. is this some kind of bug? :lol:

Hmmm... good find :) That happened when a mod maybe edited the topic and then the username got changed... happens. Might be a bug I don't know about that but the privileges of the Guest could have changed too!

Anyways... Let's get back on TOPIC guys!