xisto Community
BCD

Who Lives Longer, Vegetarians Or Non-Vegetarians?

Who lives longer?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm thinking meat eaters live a lot longer because vegans have this bad habit of getting in meat eaters faces and pestering them about how cruel they are for eating the poor little animals, so the meat eaters bite their head off! :D

that was so funny when i read that. recently your sense of humor is coming out more and more

While on the topic of fiber: a good way to tell if your body lacks fiber is if you take days to go to the bathroom to do "number 2" after eating a meal. It shouldn't take days, it should be quicker than that, at most a day.

i think i am low on fiber! number 2 #1!!!

well the votes stand at 3 to 2 with 2 nuetral votes. i voted for the murderers because i think limiting your meat intake is a lot more healthy than no meat at all. even if it was ever proved that meat was more unhealthy, i would still eat it because it not only tastes good but it adds to the variety of food. also, if i were so health conscious, i would be quiting smoking and alcohol LONG before i stop eating meat!

I'm a vegetarian and although I wouldn't call myself to be fully fit and healthy, I'm not in a bad shape. I eat lots of food and junk food as well (all vegetarian of course) and never felt the need for meat - either for nutrition or for variety. I know in some places of the world it's hard to get a good choice of vegetarian foods, but luckily I'm in a place where the vegetarian population is pretty strong so there's no dearth of variety. As for who will live longer, frankly I'm not bothered because during old age, most people would be eager to die soon than to live a few more years of suffering :P

Hi!I strongly believe that vegetarians have a greater chance of surviving longer because of the lack of toxins that tend to build up in upper levels of the food chain. The presence of toxins or other carcinogens make mutations more likely and could leave individuals dependent on supplementary drugs and can even lead to death.The cholesterol and fat is just as common in vegetarian food as it is in the various kinds of meat, though it depends on what kind of cuisine you are considering. French fries and just as bad for health as beef burgers, and therefore it would be inappropriate to claim that a diet comprising mainly of meat would be healthier when considering cholesterol and fat.In addition, many of the diseases affecting animals can also affect humans in some form. However, plant diseases do not cause illnesses in humans for the most part - putrefying plant matter does not count as a plant illness.

Life eats another life, so where that leaves a person being non-vegetarian. Everything that goes into our stomach has life. Vegeterian is turning out to be loose term now. I don't think it's veg or non-veg that makes human live longer but it depends on other factors like environment, our actions and healthy food. Healthy food comes in both meat and plant way. Both had life before getting into plate of human beings. I'm of opinion that omnivorous people live more life. I've seen that these people develop better resistance as they accept both type of food. They accept advantages and disadvantages of both type of foods.

junk food as well (all vegetarian of course)

Vegetarian junk food? Now that is something you don't see every day. Didn't think such a thing could exist. Unless you mean that the junk food you eat does not contain any animals "products" in them, i would have thought that vegetarian food is more cautious.

I strongly believe that vegetarians have a greater chance of surviving longer because of the lack of toxins that tend to build up in upper levels of the food chain. The presence of toxins or other carcinogens make mutations more likely and could leave individuals dependent on supplementary drugs and can even lead to death.

It should be noted, though, that these toxins tend to come from preprocessed, often scientifically modified, food. Doesn't matter if these products claim to be made for vegetarians, toxins can still be found in them.

Vegetarian junk food? Now that is something you don't see every day. Didn't think such a thing could exist. Unless you mean that the junk food you eat does not contain any animals "products" in them, i would have thought that vegetarian food is more cautious.

He's right. There is junk food in veg side. In india, there are some states where people eat lots of veg and they do have junk food. Dish with mashed potatoes, spices and butter is high on junk(just as an example). Those who wish to gain weight usually prefer those dishes. I can name few veg recipes for you, if you wish you can google for them. These are starters in some states but in another state they are sold as junk food or fast food dishes.
- Dhokla
- Chaat
- Vada Paav
- Paav bhaji
- Idli-wada sambar

These are the names of fast food recipes. In some states where they're prepared as main course while in some states they're preferred as fast food and often sold in restaurant chains, street-hawk chains, malls etc. Again i'm not sure what you people call junk. But here in india, food that has lots of calories and contribute nothing to our body is considered as junk. So most of fast food items, be it veg or non-veg both considered as junk food here. Burger, pizza is also considered as junk here i'm not sure about any other country.

@sheepdog, you are so funny i liked what you said ;) personally, i really think that vegetarians live long and healthier, i remember clearly i watched an episode of the oprah winfrey show, and she was with dr.auz, he brought a kidney and a liver of a human who eat unhealthy food, he showed how a lot of fats, sugar and cholesterol affected his organs and Deposited in his arteries. adding to all that the disease we get from eating meat like heart diseases, kidney and liver disease mostly are caused by eating meat, i didn't heard before a vegetarian suffer from heart disease. also meat need to be digested much more than vegetables and fruits. therefore not well cooked meat is forbid to those who have problems in their stomach. it is like we use our body to its limits. and i am sure that most of the proteins that our bodies need are found in vegetables too. at least i experienced that personally, i couldn't eat any meat for about a year and i asked more than one doctor and they are all advised me to eat legumes like beans as substitution for meat. therefore, i believe that being a vegetarian is more healthier and helps us live longer. and i am really thinking to reduce eating meat when i am getting older to be a vegetarian or at least eating just white meats.

Thank you mahesh for giving a brief glimpse of the veg junk food available here :P Pav Bhaji, Paani Puri, Cutlees, well I could give a long list of strange-sounding foods which are available for meaningless munching :D So there's lots of variety and I guess that's why I haven't been tempted to even think about trying non-veg food. I don't know how the situation is in other countries, though. If there is less variety then obviously some people will be tempted to shift to non-veg! Edited by The Simpleton (see edit history)

I have staticts say that a vegetarian doesn?t have any advantage with the non-vegetarian people. I think that maybe all the publicity about all the vegetarian people is related with the weigth where maybe the vegetarian have a lot of advantage because it is more difficult to a vegetarian to gets fat to a person who eats meal. But nobody have any advantage related with the live expectation. Maybe the people who eat vegetables only have a better look but in their mind maybe all the things are not good because the restriction So it is demostrated that all the people who eats meal have more mental health because they can to eat everything they want so this non-privacing lifestyle make them feel more happy with their lifes than the vegetarian people.I am non-vegetarian so I dont believe that eating vegetables only I will be stronget or healthier than the other people. The vegetarian have a radical lifestyle because their restrictions make them feel emptier in some times and they are more exposed to fall in the depression and in psyquiatrical diseases than the non-vegetarian people.The comparation between some type of person and other can make done. But at the end when the time come to us to give us the last days any person neither vegetarians or non-vegetarians have advantage because the diseases and the death don?t have any respect to anybody.I think that is better to not be vegetarian because at the end all you want to do is to enjoy the life and with restrictions you can?t to enjoy anything and if your type of food have restrictions you will be unhappy at the end thinking in all that pleasures that you avoid only to practice an old and stupid practice that doesn?t help to anything.Please think before start to practice this type of disciplines because your favorite actress or your favorite singer have this regimens that make her or him a good looking person. Be intelligent and don?t waste your time trying to be like this or like that only to be crying at the end. Bye.

See u put the condition ..THis is what iam saying..for the survival u can have anything even i would hate to die starving..i only said if just for taste you r doing so..it is wrong

OF COURSE EVERYONE DOES IT FOR ITS TASTE, at least now that we aren't primitive any more. What I said was just he stone-age humans, people have been enjoying meat since... since forever :D I doubt that you could find MORE meat than PLANTS when you are literally starving -- which means the animals should have been starving too.

I have staticts say that a vegetarian doesn´t have any advantage with the non-vegetarian people. I think that maybe all the publicity about all the vegetarian people is related with the weigth where maybe the vegetarian have a lot of advantage because it is more difficult to a vegetarian to gets fat to a person who eats meal. But nobody have any advantage related with the live expectation. Maybe the people who eat vegetables only have a better look but in their mind maybe all the things are not good because the restriction So it is demostrated that all the people who eats meal have more mental health because they can to eat everything they want so this non-privacing lifestyle make them feel more happy with their lifes than the vegetarian people.
I am non-vegetarian so I dont believe that eating vegetables only I will be stronget or healthier than the other people. The vegetarian have a radical lifestyle because their restrictions make them feel emptier in some times and they are more exposed to fall in the depression and in psyquiatrical diseases than the non-vegetarian people.

The comparation between some type of person and other can make done. But at the end when the time come to us to give us the last days any person neither vegetarians or non-vegetarians have advantage because the diseases and the death don´t have any respect to anybody.

I think that is better to not be vegetarian because at the end all you want to do is to enjoy the life and with restrictions you can´t to enjoy anything and if your type of food have restrictions you will be unhappy at the end thinking in all that pleasures that you avoid only to practice an old and stupid practice that doesn´t help to anything.

Please think before start to practice this type of disciplines because your favorite actress or your favorite singer have this regimens that make her or him a good looking person. Be intelligent and don´t waste your time trying to be like this or like that only to be crying at the end. Bye.

Not everyone keeps thinking about 'restrictions' and only people who like food very much and want to sample every taste available will think about these 'restrictions'. In the end it is up to the individual to decide whether or not to eat meat and I think it's best if we don't force anyone to modify their eating habits. If people are happy being vegetarian then there's no reason why they shouldn't continue that lifestyle because they're content with what they have. Running after different tastes might seem a good idea for some, but it's not very appealing to some others.

Running after different tastes might seem a good idea for some, but it's not very appealing to some others.

But then again, it's vegetarian people who keep on force on other their vegetarian preference. You see there are many banners and ads or wannabe-homeopaths out there claiming vegetarian food is good for our health. If we have to look at the food chain then we can easily notice that there is nothing veg over there, everything in food chain has life. But then again, for some blood is gore violence but cutting branch of tree isn't nor the seeds from which another life grows. I'm tired of seeing non-veg phobia from vegetarian people with excuse of some religious crap.
Life eats another life, end of story. It's just that how you prefer eating another life is being debated here and people are knocking each other out with lifespan lol :P. Besides that our survival is dependent on many factors other than food. Person can be veg but could die with all possible disease that vegetarian people claim against non-veg people. Isn't obesity possible with vegetarian people ? don't tell me gujrati people in india who don't eat meat never catch obesity. Jains, Buddhist people who are veg never catch obesity, blood pressure or same types of disease that are claimed to be from meat related food ? It's just that these days people want to brag about what they have, be it religion or food preference.
Edited by mahesh2k (see edit history)

But then again, it's vegetarian people who keep on force on other their vegetarian preference. You see there are many banners and ads or wannabe-homeopaths out there claiming vegetarian food is good for our health. If we have to look at the food chain then we can easily notice that there is nothing veg over there, everything in food chain has life. But then again, for some blood is gore violence but cutting branch of tree isn't nor the seeds from which another life grows. I'm tired of seeing non-veg phobia from vegetarian people with excuse of some religious crap.
Life eats another life, end of story. It's just that how you prefer eating another life is being debated here and people are knocking each other out with lifespan lol :P. Besides that our survival is dependent on many factors other than food. Person can be veg but could die with all possible disease that vegetarian people claim against non-veg people. Isn't obesity possible with vegetarian people ? don't tell me gujrati people in india who don't eat meat never catch obesity. Jains, Buddhist people who are veg never catch obesity, blood pressure or same types of disease that are claimed to be from meat related food ? It's just that these days people want to brag about what they have, be it religion or food preference.

What you've said is true and that's why I think it's best if people remained silent about this issue. Everyone knows the pros and cons of both lifestyles (veg and non-veg) so let them decide what's best for them and let's not rub it into someone's face to change their eating habits!