xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
web_designer

Which Kind Of Website You Will Choose Php Or Asp?

which kind of websites will you choose if you want to make yours? PHP or ASP?which do you prefer, working in PHP or in ASP?even there are many differences between them, but they are still a programming language. then why most of websites are in PHP rather than ASP, or at least that what i noticed. maybe you are not. maybe because PHP scripts are much popular than ASP, or PHP language is much easier than ASP, or maybe most of PHP scripts are free but ASP not.then,what do you choose and why?

We discussed this before in other threads.PHP is popular because the language markup resembles popular C and C++. PHP is also free and thus many web companies offer PHP as, sometimes, their main supporting programming language.The benefit of ASP and PHP is that they are both server side script. You control the functionality of your page programming and not client side dependent programming like JAVA script (which can be turned off). It is expressed as controlling the scene when server side script is running. Not to mention the dynamic page system you can develop with server side.

I'm not sure about the difference between PHP and ASP. I know that they're both server-side scripting language. PHP has strengths and weaknesses as much as ASP. I will choose, PHP, however. It's free and I read somewhere, sometime ago, that PHP is being used by a greater number of websites. And I'm using PHP on my websites.

Sereval days past and then I relogin the community. We have discuss this in other threads and I still like using Asp based websites as I still use Windows Xp, not NT or Linux. I just feel it works well for me and I have got many knowledge about PHP.

PHP for sure. One, I know it...and don't know ASP. And second, it's the most widely used, and it resembles C and whatnot. I like how coding is with it, and don't like how I see ASP done. And, with the fact I've seen a LOT done with PHP (and not so much done with ASP), it makes me lean towards PHP.

thank you all for your cooperation. your answers prove my idea that most of people prefer using php, not asp. and prove that most of website are written in php not asp. maybe for the reasons that listed above. another thing, you have a wrong idea about PHP resemble C language. they are not the same just in arches. but in fact C language resemble ASP in concept and structure, the prove is if you buy a book to learn ASP.NET you will get codes written in both ASP.NET and C. the only differences are arches, and ; in the end of the line.in fact, for me i see all the programming language especially those who suppor a specific subject like the web programming language have the concept.

I am not really sure if asp is open-source like php, but I'd use PHP because I generally like PHP software + it's supported by a much greater and bigger community.PHP rocks mate!

Hi!I have a preference for building a PHP website because of the convenience in hosting online, but for anything major, I'd pick ASP.NET over PHP simply because the servers are easier to manage and can cope with higher traffic loads. Having said that, I would also add that PHP development is a lot quicker than ASP.NET development due to the availability of free open-source components.

Hi!

I have a preference for building a PHP website because of the convenience in hosting online, but for anything major, I'd pick ASP.NET over PHP simply because the servers are easier to manage and can cope with higher traffic loads. Having said that, I would also add that PHP development is a lot quicker than ASP.NET development due to the availability of free open-source components.

really interesting opinion you have k_nithin_r , and this is exactly what i was wondering about. we can see websites build in  PHP every where on the net. in the same time, a lot of important websites use ASP rather than PHP,or switched their websites from PHP to ASP. and now you just answered my question. thank you.

It's always better to stay on the safe side so PHP is a good option as you can fix any problems easily with the help of the large community. To be honest I don't know much about PHP and ASP, but PHP has managed to reach out more to "common" people like me while ASP still remains a mystery. I'm not saying that if I don't know PHP no one else will (:P) , but the general idea is that PHP has reached out farther than ASP, and you would feel more comfortable with it.

ASP has more platforms but because the normal version is not free and it automatically formats your code,and it doesn't have support like others,i will choose PHP. All websites i did are in PHP and they will be.PHP is easy to learn , it has syntax like C or Perl and it is fast. That is why most popular services like Facebook,Twitter,Tinypic are in PHP. Also PHP can be used in networks and it is good for getting control of servers. The cool thing is that it have support everywhere , just google your problem and you can see that 10 more people have the same problem. That is because PHP is very used,and there are many people,even before choosing what they will learn,they know that ASP is not free (which is not correct 100%)There are many bad comments about ASP so that is why many sites changed from ASP to PHP. But, there are many paid components for ASP which can make your website automatically and you should not worry.

I am going with PHP for my site(s) just because it seems to be more mainstream. Based on research I am finding that ASP just is not as available in terms of tutorials and help (which is probably because it is proprietary, rather than open-source).Based on my recent learning of PHP it is almost exactly like ASP though, so if you learn and use PHP and have a client that has to have ASP you should still be good to go.

That really depends on which language you are better and on which you are more comfortable in coding.Like i like php more because I feel myself more comfortable in coding in php.As far as i think both are equally good and in which you feel yourself more comfortable code in that only.

That really depends on which language you are better and on which you are more comfortable in coding.
Like i like php more because I feel myself more comfortable in coding in php.

As far as i think both are equally good and in which you feel yourself more comfortable code in that only.

exactly kritya, it is all about what we like to work with. not what we know. i know both ASP and PHP, but i always prefer PHP. just like most of the members in here. as you can see from their replies most of them prefer working with PHP.