xisto Community
OpaQue

Introducing - The Ultimate Hosting Plan - Everything Unlimited! Unlimited Space, Unlimited Bandwidth, Unlimited mySQL / msSQL database

Like anybody else I would have been glad had this been plan with addon domains. But for me it just seems no use as I do not have a forum that would be google search friendly. Anyways those who have this plan allows you to have this plan for maximum benefit for a single website. And thanks Admin to offer us another excellent plan.

I don't think $100 a year is that bad, for one I can easily earn $1 a day by posting so over if you can get $1 every 3 days your laughing, and also

This hosting is best for my members who are interested in giving a lot of data, graphics, music and videos for download

- I'll hold you to that opaque. $100 dollars for hosting is no biggy and while the lack of addon domains is a shame I'll admit, I think perhaps opaque should perhaps open them up as a feature (It may help him sell more domains).

This hosting is best for my members who are interested in giving a lot of data, graphics, music and videos for download

So let's say hypothetically, you can do streaming and it won't go against the TOS? I thought xisto didn't let people stream or have chat-rooms and host a download archive?

Two good points here posted by baniboy and the_simpleton. Are we allowed to have youtube or streaming site with that bandwidth ? I mean if we have that much bandwidth and no-addon then only good site we have with that is either elgg or buddypress type of communities or youtube style video communities. Streaming sites will require a lot of resources and that is why i think you may or may not allow that but then what is the use of unlimited resource ? :angel: Another point that is raised by the_simpleton is if we are allowed to have 5 or 10 domains for add-on then i guess this will not hurt for sure. isn't it ? i don't know if 5 add-on domain to this plan could abuse or not but i think that will be one good way out of this issue. but then again these are just my views based on what people commented here. :|

Yes.... I saw this while I was at Xisto - Support.com. I think it's a very nice plan, indeed. It wouldn't suit me since I have a variety of domains and this doesn't allow addon domains.

Oh it is very expensive I imagine that all those who want this package have to be posting here until June or something like that. Well my sites are not so popular so I can make my hosting with the basic logic plan but sinceresly I think that this is a little exagerated.Congratulations to all the staff of Xisto and xisto for their cooperation with this type of package that definetly will help to a lot of members.Regards.

Oh it is very expensive I imagine that all those who want this package have to be posting here until June or something like that. Well my sites are not so popular so I can make my hosting with the basic logic plan but sinceresly I think that this is a little exagerated.
Congratulations to all the staff of Xisto and xisto for their cooperation with this type of package that definetly will help to a lot of members.

Regards.

Yes, but it lasts for one full year so you can post for, lets say a month or so and then you don't have to for a very long time afterwards. Furthermore, Opaque himself said that this plan would fit well for people who have a credit card and combine it with their mycents. So, for example, they use some of their MyCent to cover some of the costs, but use their credit card to pay off the rest.

:angel: Oh my gosh!

This is a rip off!

If it was about $25.00 I might and I say might buy it!

You have got to stop overselling PLEASE.

May i know how this overselling ? And restricting people to add-on domains is overselling ? Or placing price 97$ which is quite normal on unlimited hosting plans on the internet is overselling ?

And where in the wet dreams of kim kardashian we can buy unlimited reliable hosting for 25$/year ? If you know any place let us know.

I know mr.troll, your post was hit-and-run like some others in this thread. So can you explain us how it is rip-off ? and how it is overselling at price 97$/year ? If you manage to troll here again please answer these questions for me.

Hello,Today I use this forum for first time.This hosting is best for my members who are interested in giving a lot of data, graphics, music and videos for download. Who wants to create unlimited email accounts and distribute it to his users or clients.. etc. My only guess about opaque's restriction is that he doesn't want anyone to abuse the service(by starting rip-off hosting services like hoswoot.com etc). Which i can clearly guess from the restriction that he placed.I m very happy after using this forum.Thank You.

Hello,
Today I use this forum for first time.This hosting is best for my members who are interested in giving a lot of data, graphics, music and videos for download. Who wants to create unlimited email accounts and distribute it to his users or clients.. etc. My only guess about opaque's restriction is that he doesn't want anyone to abuse the service(by starting rip-off hosting services like hoswoot.com etc). Which i can clearly guess from the restriction that he placed.I m very happy after using this forum.

Thank You.

Hmm, but how many people are actually using this package ? this restriction really makes it difficult to use the package. People will prefer dreamhost package over this xisto package. I mean with dreamhost you get shell access, limited chat room or streaming plus lots of bandwidth and you can add-on domain names as well. but in this package of xisto you can't do that. By the way welcome to xisto.

Hmm, but how many people are actually using this package ? this restriction really makes it difficult to use the package. People will prefer dreamhost package over this xisto package. I mean with dreamhost you get shell access, limited chat room or streaming plus lots of bandwidth and you can add-on domain names as well. but in this package of xisto you can't do that. By the way welcome to xisto.

I have to agree. I don't really see the point of having an unlimited plan if it doesn't at least come with a few add-on domains. I mean, I understand disabling shell access and maybe even activities like streaming and limited chat rooms. We have to be understanding of the resource limitations that Xisto probably has compared to companies such as Dreamhost who surely has a larger revenue base and doesn't believe in giving away anything for free or in exchange for anything that is not monetary. Therefore, we are trying to compare apples and oranges when it comes to Dreamhost and Xisto. The limited chat and shell access not being available is reasonable, but from my perceptive, there should at least be 5 add-on domains. Maybe I would understand not allowing add-on domains if streaming, live chat, and shell access was allowed. In other words, it should be one or the other.

I think this package is more for people who are doing major forums or things like clan websites (hosting the videos/pictures yourself). It isn't so much for professionalizing everything, but instead allowing you to go on with your site without having to worry about the bandwidth/space requirements of it.I think it's a pretty good deal if you end up going that far with your site. But as everyone should already know, if you plan on doing a *professional* one (thousands of hits a day) you should be moving up to a VPS or dedicated server anyways.

I wouldn't say that, for example my earning ratio is $0.17/post and if raised to 20 cents a post I would have to post 500 posts a year to keep that plan up. I'm a little lazy on posting but if I had the motivation and time, it would be easily achievable.

That means 100 posts to get a free domain name and free hosting.

Unlimited bandwidth and server space for a fixed price is usefull for a webshop, I guess. It is handy for somebody who gets a lot of viewers and people who upload files. In that case the owner doesn't have to care for the risk to pay extra for using more bandwidth and disk space than is in the packet.
Edited by inea (see edit history)

That's a really, really cool plan, but truth be told, I don't think in my lifetime would I ever need that much space. I've got life, I've got school, and maybe if I'm lucky, I can probably help sub *host* someone else's webpage who's a trusted friend or acquaintance. But for me to solely manage that huge of a website, it's likely that it would be very difficult for me to manage right from the get-go and for the reasons as stated above. Besides, unless hundreds of topics jump out at me almost every single day and if time weren't a factor, it is already difficult for me to contribute a post to a very interesting topic. If I was working (and have the time to of course manage), I'd use some of my hard-earned money to pay for some of that.