xisto Community
shadowx

Adverts, Admins: Dont Go There.

yea, i was there. it still amazes me how people can down something but stay so long. Xisto can't be all that bad....even for those who don't seem to like it haha

but yea, on the shout box, there was rules being broken and even some of the mods have blocked it so the rules on trap wont be enforced. you can change your name and pretend to be someone you aren't. i don't like that feature. and then you get the whiners who spam over and over and over and over again and ruin the mood.

i don't like it and it's more than just the blinking and the beeps for me as i was going to give that a chance to get used to.

This was the first thing that I noticed when I first logged in. It was blinking. This chat box is also on Xisto too. I guess this chat box has some pros and cons about. I was barely talking to guests on it for five minutes and thought it was a bad idea. Guests were talking crap about this site. If other guests read this, that would mean less people joining. If we could get rid of these guests, then I think that it would be pretty awesome. The blinking is kind of annoying though. I always click on it and minimize it just to get rid of the blinking.

I just noticed it too. How can you not? It's very ugly and appears to slowthe page down. What's with the infatuation with Bob Dylan?Maybe they want this site to be Bob Dylan 24/7. Everything in moderation is what I say.

If members want a live chatroom thats fine, but this needs to be put somewhere else as in a link in which members can open seperately. It just seems so out of place and makes the forums look cluttered and what not. I briefly saw some of the posts about hte problems that could and can be created with this could affect Trap as a whole and the possibility of getting hacked because of that chat. Granted its a bit extreme but it needs to go either way.

Hey, chill you guys.OpaQue might be trying something new. And so it looks bad. Man, these complaints are just getting bigger and bigger... :)So this chat does not work with this forum and you. But I do remember members kept requesting for better shoutbox or chatbox as I recall. Give OpaQue some time to adjust or get a new one. Again, be patient until all kinks are worked out.

This is just completely ridiculous. Either this is a not funny joke by the admins. OR the first step in the utter down fall of Trap 17. I will go on to make Trap 18 with a working shout box! :) Not really but I do suggest getting the old SB back in here. Because just using an older version of FF does nothing for me. Oh yea the chat thing keeps blinking at me and its extremely annoying. I thought I had cancer when I first saw it.

oh. i am willing to give opaque some time to adjust and fiddle around, but i am going to give my opinion too because i think that's important too :D

i actually like the fact that opaque is open to thinking about new things around here to spice things up. keep in mind though, putting a chat up means a more fixed moderation system in place too

excuse me. i heard a beep. i have to see who it is.....

Hey, chill you guys.
OpaQue might be trying something new. And so it looks bad. Man, these complaints are just getting bigger and bigger... :)

So this chat does not work with this forum and you. But I do remember members kept requesting for better shoutbox or chatbox as I recall. Give OpaQue some time to adjust or get a new one. Again, be patient until all kinks are worked out.

I agree with anwii, i can be patient, but if no-one posted and let you guys know how rubbish it is then Opaque would just leave it up!

welp, the chat box was up for almost exactly 24 hours. i wish i could get in the head of opaque :) but it was actually nice to have a little excitement around here heheheh. anyway, for those who had it blocked, it is now gone...

Ah so it is!Power to the people :) It will be back though... Im sure....

Use Opera's Blocked Content feature (Tools > Advanced > Blocked Content). The script is loaded from bumpin.com, just type in a simple regular expression for that site.

Thanks for that,truefusion.

Coming back to topic, bumpin scripts are blocked for me so i can try that any more. I checked the site with chrome and it is not appearing.

Well I am gad it is gone, I don't mind features but the features need to help promote quality posts, fresh topics, new member etc. We know the hosting is great and it will only get better with technology and resources, however the forums need to to start get topic and post quality up. Seen a lot of complain topics coming up and old stuff being brought back up and not enough new stuff to get members posting. Granted my schedule has kept me from being more active but when I left that is what I saw and of course there are forum mods that will prevent one-liners from getting posted and I am sure spam mods have gotten some recent updates as well. So that is what the forum needs, not another chat program.

Maybe we could get IRC here? Like melded into the user system so your regular login to the forums work with that? At least it would work. I'm not sure if OQ will think this is a good idea thinking bandwidth-wise, but whatever :)

Maybe we could get IRC here? Like melded into the user system so your regular login to the forums work with that? At least it would work. I'm not sure if OQ will think this is a good idea thinking bandwidth-wise, but whatever :)

Exactly what i've been thinking! we should get an IRC. there's free hosts that allow you to make an IRC channel, and it has no connection to the website at all so bandwidth wouldn't be an issue, to make it more convenient for people who don't have/don't want to install an IRC client you could make a page here with meebo or something so people could connect to the IRC from the website.

getting back to the topic: I only saw that flashy sidebar for about an hour, the I never saw it again :/ I highly doubt opaque would deliberately put something like that here...