xisto Community
ultrasmad

Java editor

I work With Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004 For edit Java

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh,It's too expensive for me! :( I am using texteditor and sourcecode-based-editor(it is located middle of texteditor and IDE).I have already told about DJ JAVA DECOMPILER other thread,it can not only decompile class files but also edit sourcecodes.

now if you are a java beginner you sould use a simple texteditor to understand the whole language.

I agree.

I think all programs and IDEs are based on a texteditor. :(

I haven't used Eclipse yet.I'll try it later.

In your opinion what's the best java editor/compiler?

i use jcreator le and it works nicely...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi budy,

There are lots of Java IDE available Some of them are for free and some u can try for free

1) JBuilder from Borland (Free download for Fundation Edition)

2) JDeveloper fron Oracle (Free)

3) Eclipse (Free)

4) JEditor (Free including Source)

5) JCreator (Try)

Try these things

Regards

Arunkumar.H.G

Personally, I use jEdit and the command line. jEdit is a free programming editor written in Java. Plus, it has dozens of plugins to download on its site. I really don't like using full-blown IDEs (Eclipse, JCreator, etc.) because they often take too long to load, and I like compiling everything myself anyway (or use jEdit's JCompiler plugin if I need to compile a larger project).

I use to use Vim, but I haven't used its key shortcuts enough to make it useful. I do like its speed, however.

Also, I suggest to not use Windows Notepad. Not only does it have an extreme lack of features, but it doesn't display Unix or Mac endlines correctly, which is a real pain when opening a file that someone made on another OS...

i took a class at school on java and we used netbeans. i really don't like netbeans, but I would be horrible at notepad. however, for just about every other language i program in, i use notepad.

I agree... I try to use netbeans but error!!. ;):P;)
I have already set j2sdk but netbeans can not be set. if anyone know tell me, please!!! :P
After I lost my attemp. I decided to use editPlus. I think this is a good way for you. ;)

I like emacs. Just wait and I will link to some good intructions on how to set it up with java.

I recommend you to choose one of thebelow:

free Eclipse from IBM if you can configure it

IDEA - not free, but very very good!

JBuilder from Borland (big and slow)

JDeveloper from Oracle (if you need write under Oracle - ver 9.0.5.2 is very nice)

free JCreator LE- I've never used it, but I heard that is very fast

Copied post, just swaped a few of the bits around:

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/70-java-editor/

Edited by cragllo (see edit history)

I think jbuilder is good for swing program. You can see your UI before executing the program. It is also good for web application. but, I found jbuilder like eating memory. If you want to use it, you need add your computer memory, My computer has 1G memory, but it is still very slow. It seems like supporting dynamic compling, But it doesn't work at most time, You have to rebuild after any changing. It is very trouble when A project references B project and B is changed.

Just notePadEasy And Fast :D I Think Best tools in windows is Notepad I Like programming with note pad JSP , HTML , PHP , ...What Do You think about Notepad ? :D Did You Think Notepad is Secure and Fast? :D Do You Like Notepad Editor ? :D

From my point of view, you should choose the editor according to the purpose that you want to use with Java.If you want to study Java, or write simple programs, these are good choice:On Linux: KDeveloper,emacs,JEditOn Window: Notepad, JEditIf you want develop simple Java for Web, Dreamwaver is OK.But if you want to develop complex software with multiple source files and configurations, you should choose some real IDE (Integrated Development Environment) which include editor, debug, deployment tool, plug-in management ...The best I consider is JBuilder from Borland because of the following reasons:- Multiple project management- Automatically completing code capability- Refactoring capability- UML diagram generation- Server integration (JBuilder can integrate with WebLogic, WebSphere, Sun One App Server, Borland Enterprise Server)- Team management (Can integrate with CVS, ClearCase)- EJB, Servlet, JSP, Web App deployment: JBuilder automatically generates necessary bean/servlet methods and deployment descriptors for you, packages them and deploy to the servers.- Highly flexible configuration.- Eclipse is a good IDE too, but you need some expertise to configure it. I am using Eclipse on Linux and like it. - WebSphere Application Developer Studio is based on Eclipse is a good one too.- WebLogic Workshop is good, and I like it better than WADS - Visual Cafe' is good too, but it can not be compared to JBuilder- IntelliJ is a favorite tool of many developers.- I think NetBean is OK, but the interface is not intuitive. Overall, I think if you have money, the best for you is JBuilder Enterprise Edition.If you want to use free, but professional IDE with a great extensiblity, you should use Eclipse.

I am an IT major in college, and the previous semester I had my first experience with Java. It was actually pretty easy, and the IDE we used was simple enough. JBuilder X is what I currently have on my computer, and it was what I learned Java with. It is a good environment. It can sometimes be somewhat slow, but the environment is highly efficient in detecting syntax and compatability errors. Also, I found that debugging my code with JBuilder was amazingly simple. I could go through hundreds of lines of code one at a time if I wanted to, and go as deep into the language as I desired -- just to see exactly what was going on. This was very useful for detecting bugs and/or errors in my work before I turned it in for a grade.

I'd say go with Borland JBuilder X, it is very stable and you will never regret using it.