xisto Community
Saint_Michael

2010 Trap17 Awards (voting)

See some good voting and to toss a reminder to everyone to only vote once, even though the poll script I am using can let you vote multiple times, vote only once. I do see some irregularities, especially with dial up users and so I be a little stricter this time around.

See some good voting and to toss a reminder to everyone to only vote once, even though the poll script I am using can let you vote multiple times, vote only once. I do see some irregularities, especially with dial up users and so I be a little stricter this time around.

Wouldn't it be better to introduce a login system to the awards site? If it's public irregularities are bound to occur :P If everyone had to login with their trap account then it would be a sure way to ensure that everyone voted only once. But I guess that's too late right now.....

it's a good suggestion, but there is only one problem. people don't like to log in just to do something as easy as vote. i think a good script to recognize if someone has already voted through their ip would work. so instead of manually checking ip's, it can all be done automatically. there are still some flaws with just checking ip's though. i wont name them here becuase i don't want to give anyone any ideas :P the old system of voting in the forums would be the safest route to go since a user is already logged in. with a couple restrictions to voting, it's flawless. but it is also harder to track votes. so i guess it's a give and take thing.

Wouldn't it be better to introduce a login system to the awards site? If it's public irregularities are bound to occur :P If everyone had to login with their trap account then it would be a sure way to ensure that everyone voted only once. But I guess that's too late right now.....

Thou I have wanted to vote, but sorry to say, I dont know some of the names. So rather than casting for the sake of it, I would just sit around as the voting runs. Congrats to those who have been named and good luck.

I have update the polls to reflect the actual results based on the logs and a small warning to one person in particular. I know who you are that is casting multiple votes and so if I catch your IP address casting multiple votes again, all of your votes will be thrown out. Same goes for anyone else who voting multiple times.

wow! those results are a big difference. this one person did a huge disservice to the whole voting system and just wasted your time to go through the results and edit crap like this.

but! hey, i was getting worried that i wouldn't be able to cast a deciding vote....but now a couple polls are really close again haha. i still haven't voted.

oh btw- i was thinking that maybe the results shouldn't be shown. i was thinking about this concept before, i just never stated it. if people don't know who to vote for or don't really have that much information to vote, they are most likely to vote for the person with the highest votes just to go with the flow for the sake of voting. it wont illiminate people from voting for their friend or what not, but it will still give more fair and accurate results. i do like to see the growing results over time, but would gladly sacrifice that for more fair and accurate results....

also, in the 2007 awards, you mispelled jhaslip's name and inserted a semicolon :P there is also a misspelling of my own name int he currect voting polls. it's "anwiii"....not anwii. what's wrong with you?!?!? haha :P

I have update the polls to reflect the actual results based on the logs and a small warning to one person in particular. I know who you are that is casting multiple votes and so if I catch your IP address casting multiple votes again, all of your votes will be thrown out. Same goes for anyone else who voting multiple times.

Hey dude, you have a cookie problemo or something in there. Because when I logged in my linux account, it let was letting me vote again even tho the IP is the same? Is it safe to base a poll on cookies?OOps sorry didn't notice you already knew about that.

Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)

wow! those results are a big difference. this one person did a huge disservice to the whole voting system and just wasted your time to go through the results and edit crap like this.
but! hey, i was getting worried that i wouldn't be able to cast a deciding vote....but now a couple polls are really close again haha. i still haven't voted.

oh btw- i was thinking that maybe the results shouldn't be shown. i was thinking about this concept before, i just never stated it. if people don't know who to vote for or don't really have that much information to vote, they are most likely to vote for the person with the highest votes just to go with the flow for the sake of voting. it wont illiminate people from voting for their friend or what not, but it will still give more fair and accurate results. i do like to see the growing results over time, but would gladly sacrifice that for more fair and accurate results....

also, in the 2007 awards, you mispelled jhaslip's name and inserted a semicolon :P there is also a misspelling of my own name int he currect voting polls. it's "anwiii"....not anwii. what's wrong with you?!?!? haha :P

GASP!! I make sure to change it, going to make another run through of the polls and stuff. As for the poll, might be possible I would have to look into the scripts and stuff and make some alterations, but since the poll keeps logs on everything it is quicker just to go through them.

wow , this year is going to awesome @ voting! its gonna be a close one! Guess which person i voted for...well you will find out on JAN1

We are going into the final stretch of the 2010 Xisto awards and so if you haven't placed your votes ini yet, do so now.