xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ash-Bash

Earn Money With A Search Engine!

I do hope more sites like Swagbucks start up and can be cheaper or have a better search. The only thing that is letting it down is the Search Engine. It says powered by Google & Ask but I can never find anything using the search and have to use Google therefore loosing out points. But hey its free.

Hi!I have tried scour.com and did think that they would stop paying eventually when they got a certain number of users using the site. However, I did have a feeling that a lot of those users would be gone when the search engine stopped paying for the search. I have not used Scour.com in a while so I was not aware of the fact that they already had stopped paying - I read it on this thread so I guess that keeps me updated on recent happenings at Scour. I visited Scour just to take a look at what they are up to and was surprised that there were over six thousand users online!! I guess they must be the ones who switched from Google to Scour and never moved back. The idea of a social search does sound good. Google has a couple of social search features but they haven't been promoting it actively like Scour has.While on the topic of search engines, is anyone still using Cuil? It was launched as a Google-killer and never really lived up to its expectations. I do, however, like DuckDuckGo.com, which was launched recently. It has a simple interface and returns search engines results even while the search is in progress. It's fun to use and I might add it as my default search engine over the next couple of days because it seems to return rather decent search results.

Nitin, i tried duckduckgo.com. Looks like good site. Results are much better and no chance of having poor results as of yet. I also tried to add my own site to it. But it requires linkbank. So editing my themes for it. Thanks for the site suggestion. I'll add ddg site in my watchlist.

HA!!!! i laughed so hard after reading the last two posts about duckduckgo, it's not even funny anymore. it's amzing what people believe nowadays. what's even more amazing is what they DONT believe

Nitin, i tried duckduckgo.com. Looks like good site. Results are much better and no chance of having poor results as of yet. I also tried to add my own site to it. But it requires linkbank. So editing my themes for it. Thanks for the site suggestion. I'll add ddg site in my watchlist.

HA!!!! i laughed so hard after reading the last two posts about duckduckgo, it's not even funny anymore. it's amzing what people believe nowadays. what's even more amazing is what they DONT believe

Why so ? I did find that search engine fine. It's not google or bing but it is good with searches. For example if you type "fiction" in it. It gives some good results. It has enough results which are worth to check(less clutter also). I didn't find anything funny with that search engine. Or is it just me ?

Paid to search? Does that work out in the long run? Once again this seems to be a legit site but restricted to only a few countries, and even though it's legit it sounds more like a game of chance to me. And if I make this website as my primary search engine then I'm definitely not going to find anything useful!! :o The only good way to make some money seems to be with polls, as Ash mentioned. But it still seems to be a bit impractical to me...hmm just my opinon tho

Yes!!! first post since ages!!! I'm letting The Simpleton win this race, because I have my blog and mylot to tend to... smile.gif Seems like I'm back into the making money online world again, getting those few bucks with my many hours of posting... sad.gif

Lol but I think I'm down with some sort of writer's block now - after hitting 1000 I suddenly lost my speed somewhere - and this seems to apply to my blog as well - haven't been there in days...oh well - we'll race soon enough :)

Lol, why so ? don't look at mylot as cash earning resource. if you look that way you'll get bored like facebook and orkut. think of it as sharing information hub. that way you'll enjoy it more. Mylot is good cause we less socialize and more answer question without knowing the person and our answer becomes more professional unlike facebook/orkut where we hold back cause of relation we establish on them.
anyway, Search based social networks are completely waste though.

Haha, well, thanks to you I have been posting at mylot more than at Xisto though, but my blog is keeping me very very busy already anyway. It's one thing to post on forums and another to post on your blog, because I am a perfectionist and I like things to be perfect, so I am taking a long time to write each post, but I am careful to make sure that I reach the 400 words benchmark everytime though. :P

But anyway, I guess I'm not doing this properly then. I AM wasting a lot of time for just a few cents, I believe, like what anwii said, so I shouldn't take that as a money earning resource but a place to get referrals and advertise my blog and learn more information. :P But I think that I can start on certain PTC sites though. (Sorry mahesh2k and anwii). This is because things sometimes get boring at school and you don't have anything to do and PTC sites are (surprisingly) unblocked, so I think that I can cope will tuning out the teachers voice for a couple of seconds and go there instead, don't you think?

Doesn't even take long. If it wasn't for school I wouldn't have joined anyway at all. :D

Haha, now I'm trying to multitask so many things: Catch up with news on mylot, post on my blog, post comments on other peoples blogs and trying to advertise my blog in a subtle way, going to blog directories like blogcatalog and posting at mylot. A lot of things to do at the same time, you must agree. I think that I should make a time schedule like one hour on these things per day and do my homework instead for more hours. :D

What do you think? Oh, and searching for PTC and Paid to search sites as well. :D Not really working, but I would like to find a paid to search site and a paid to surf site... :D

What do you think? Oh, and searching for PTC and Paid to search sites as well. tongue.gif Not really working, but I would like to find a paid to search site and a paid to surf site... smile.gif

If you find any let me know. I'm need of funds so that i can get some themes for blogs. So funds from PTC/Kontera is not bad option at all. :P. Nothing wrong with joining PTC if you get bored and by accident want to earn from them. :P Anway, seriously let us know what pTC is working for you. You can post on your blog about those sites as referral system links are not allowed on Xisto. So better to host those links on your own blog.

I found out mylot cause i was in search of social network which keeps me anonymous from my friends and people who know me. So i opted to that social network. Good things i'm earning from it as well. Not much but 3$ as of now. Not bad. In next 2 months i might go upto 104 who knows.

I don't follow PTC sites, as we already discussed about it. But there are some people who did benefited from that you can try easymoneyspace.com forum where people discuss about that. From there i learned that palmbux and neobux sites pays, but my IP being dynamic can't use those sites. Personally i hardly join those pTC sites and i can't wait for 6 months for 5 to 10$ for lot of daily hardwork.

If you find any let me know. I'm need of funds so that i can get some themes for blogs. So funds from PTC/Kontera is not bad option at all. :P . Nothing wrong with joining PTC if you get bored and by accident want to earn from them. :P Anway, seriously let us know what pTC is working for you. You can post on your blog about those sites as referral system links are not allowed on Xisto. So better to host those links on your own blog.
I found out mylot cause i was in search of social network which keeps me anonymous from my friends and people who know me. So i opted to that social network. Good things i'm earning from it as well. Not much but 3$ as of now. Not bad. In next 2 months i might go upto 104 who knows.

I don't follow PTC sites, as we already discussed about it. But there are some people who did benefited from that you can try easymoneyspace.com forum where people discuss about that. From there i learned that palmbux and neobux sites pays, but my IP being dynamic can't use those sites. Personally i hardly join those pTC sites and i can't wait for 6 months for 5 to 10$ for lot of daily hardwork.

Wow... change of character huh? I thought that you were so TOTALLY against PTC sites. :D But I suppose I'm wrong. But anyway, yeah, I'll start clicking on neobux tomorrow. :D And then I'll see if I can join other sites... mylot is cool, but you need to spend a lot of time on it. SO I'm just advertising my blog around. I joined blogcatalog too, so it's cool. :D I hope my IPs alright though. It should work. :D

Haha, I'm up to around 145 on mylot now. :D Not seriously earning money though, just casual.

Wow... change of character huh? I thought that you were so TOTALLY against PTC sites. smile.gif But I suppose I'm wrong.

You didn't catch my sarcasm when i added kontera into list,that explains whether i've changed my mind about PTC sites or not :P . In case you didn't get that, read again.

But anyway, yeah, I'll start clicking on neobux tomorrow. smile.gif And then I'll see if I can join other sites... mylot is cool, but you need to spend a lot of time on it. SO I'm just advertising my blog around. I joined blogcatalog too, so it's cool. smile.gif I hope my IPs alright though. It should work. smile.gif

Nice, promotion techniques. I doubt those PTC hungry people on mylot or similar sites will notice your blog. I suggest you to join forumpromotion.net for advertising your blog. Also join entrecard.

Haha, I'm up to around 145 on mylot now. smile.gif Not seriously earning money though, just casual.

Post count hardly matters. Depth answer and to the point makes you earn stars and reputation. that way earning will be increased.

Totally agree, but this site has a good alexa rank(1809). Its not bad for such a site. Me either don't believe in such things. I can remember scour,an useless social search engine.

Try Traffic Geyser, the internet's #1 video marketing software at Traffic Geyser

I have been on swag for a while, and have gotten several gift cards. I recently got a 20 dollar restaurant gift card for like 400 points, although it is tedious to search and search and search, and be rewarded a little it takes a while to actually build up the bucks, but when you hunt for codes you are handsomely rewarded. Great Site 8/10 ;)

Swagbucks have now updated there point system and increased the value instead of 1 point its now 10 points etc.. I didn't really like the change and didn't see what was wrong with the old values after this change obviously the prizes have gone up more.