xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
livepcportal

Look At Newbie's Website Its not the best but good enough for a newbie

Rate the site  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It looks a bit "oldish" to me. I would suggest changing the navigation bar on the left as well as the choice of fonts (both left nav and footer). A little graphics and design on the top would be good.

Seems a very nice website for a newbie. The colours are nice the font & font size is welcoming and I feel welcome there already on the homepage. Great effrot keep this up I am sure you will get a good job or have fun doing the hobby!

overall : nice looking (i'm wondering why you put the title "read article" in front though. i don't like reading....) :Di can read the articles easily, and there's vote and most useful articles too. though i would like to change it to "most rated" :) . your template reminds me of mine, but yours is better because my old template was very hard to read :Dand by the way, you wrote all that scripts yourself? that's great! :o

Edited by FouGilang (see edit history)

One thing i like about your site, is the domain. congrats on choosing such a nice and memorable one...it sticks to mind easily...no need for users to bookmark.Now the lows:You site is talking about something different mate...with such content, it should be digyourcode.comyou need to make it fit the description...what I had in mind was something to do with computers on the hardware and software part not specific code languages. You have to add information on Installation of softwares, fighting virus, provide articles on such subjects that are DIRECTLY linked with computers. Btw, thats not really a niche but you've joined a large field of similar sites...the one edge you have is that domain...its deep, its so cool...now plan your stuff again...do a little research...relaunch with more steam then ask for SEO...i'll gladly help you if I can.Good luck mate

Heya, your site has great improvement!!! Good work! I like that fact that you changed your font a bit, and I am incredibly impressed that you didn't use a CMS for that... :) I would never have been able to do anything like that, if it was from scratch!!! :oI'd would like to learn from you about that someday. I guess, that it is a great improvement though, and it is something that you should be proud of. However, if you have made this site solely for money, you should try and advertise it, because I don't see many users or any members going to your site at all. I understand why you might now want to make a forum, but you should somehow let people participate in it or just get them to stay on your site a little longer in the hopes that someone will click an advertisment. :DBecause your site just looks like any other site before, that wouldn't work but now that you have improved it, get busy advertising!!! :D Advertising only on Xisto won't work. :D

Dear friend as a beginer its a good one and I think the color combination is also not bad. But what I think it is not made for Internet Explorer as it is not properly opening in Internet Explorer, so dear please be careful about this as we can't avoid any browser, our site should be able to open properly in all types of browsers in same proper manner. One more thing which I think is the color combination on which you have work more even though as a beginer the site is not bad you have done a good job. If you want more suggestions then please feel free to ask it then only you will learn.

Thanks contactskn for telling me about this issue. You said it is not properly opening in Internet Explorer. But in which version, you did not tell that. However, if you have used IE 6 or IE 7 to visit site, then it should not have been opening properly as I haven't checked site in them. But, if you have used IE8 then it should be opening properly because I have installed IE8 in my own system and it is opening correctly in it. Anyway, please tell me as soon as possible which version of Internet Explorer you used to to visit my site? Just need to know that, without knowing that I may not be able to fix that issue.

One thing i like about your site, is the domain. congrats on choosing such a nice and memorable one...it sticks to mind easily...no need for users to bookmark.
Now the lows:

You site is talking about something different mate...with such content, it should be digyourcode.com

you need to make it fit the description...what I had in mind was something to do with computers on the hardware and software part not specific code languages. You have to add information on Installation of softwares, fighting virus, provide articles on such subjects that are DIRECTLY linked with computers. Btw, thats not really a niche but you've joined a large field of similar sites...the one edge you have is that domain...its deep, its so cool...now plan your stuff again...do a little research...relaunch with more steam then ask for SEO...i'll gladly help you if I can.

Good luck mate

Finally got someone who also notice the domain name!! While choosing the domain name the main thing in my mind was to select a domain name as short as possible, that can stick to users mind easily and ofcourse related to PC. Earlier, I was looking to get a domain name like PCPortal, DigitalPortal, but unfortunately all of them were already been taken by someone else. And, this is the only one that I have found short, related to PC, and ofcourse cool!!

I like your suggestion regarding site content. I will seriously look into that.
Any suggestion regarding the banner of the site?

Have already started planning stuff again.... but this time I will use Joomla for designing my site. But, I don't know abc of Joomla. So, relaunch of the site can take a lot of time probably 7-8 months. Any link to its tutorial?
Edited by livepcportal (see edit history)