xisto Community
kawai

Favorite Tv Show? whats your favorite?

Hi guys,
i had a talk with my brother and some friends yesterday, what we talked about? TV Shows!
so what do you guys think is the most entertaining TV Show ?
tell us what series and why !

since i am the one posting i guess i will go first, my favorite TV show is: How i met your mother!

How I Met Your Mother is a comedy about Ted (Josh Radnor) and how he fell in love. It all starts when
Ted's best friend, Marshall (Jason Segel), drops the bombshell that he's going to propose to his long-time girlfriend,
Lily (Alyson Hannigan), a kindergarten teacher. At that moment, Ted realizes that he had better get a
move on if he too hopes to find true love. Helping him in his quest is Barney (Neil Patrick Harris), a friend with endless,
sometimes outrageous opinions, a penchant for suits and a foolproof way to meet women. When Ted meets Robin (Cobie Smulders),
he's sure it's love at first sight, but destiny may have something else in store. The series is narrated through flashbacks from the future.

its just seriously funny, my favorite character is Barney and Marshall
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

if you haven't seen it go to the store and get it right now ^^
if you want u can rank 3 series if you have trouble picking the best one =3

/kawai

I really liked this other british show called gavin and stacey...its hilarious!!its about a young couple who get married after a blind date and their superficial families who are always around to provide a bunch of jokes, etcits a real comedy and the good thing is that the folks dont even try to crack jokes...its like that...the plot is so good man...you should all try it guys!

Gotta go with The Big Bang Theory at this point. Awesome show. I laugh everytime I watch it.Prison Break was pretty good too but it ended... Same with Kyle XY. It's like all the best shows end.

Some of my fav.shows :1) 24: I like the way story was directed and shown. I like such mind-hunting stories. I must say this is good series so far. 2) Supernatural: I followed 2 seasons of it but in asia it was shown with few gaps. So i guess i need DVD to cover all episodes.3) Prison break: I like all the seasons of this show, and finally it ended. I think this show was worth DVD collection.4) Heroes: I think season 1 was good but after that it was stretched. Soon good characters were wasted in this.5) The apprentice: I like this type of shows as i like to study people. I closely watched donald trumps acting and way of analyzing things. Similar show on this ground is cook, and you think you can dance.There are many good shows i can list here. And if you bring Anime list in this then it will go on and on. "Bleach" is my favorite anime show on tv. There used to be some old shows as well but i don't remember names anymore.

I do watch a lot of shows (like all of you do :) ) but most of them just wane away and become boring after a while. I won't touch on regional shows since no one here will know about them, but some English shows that I watch - Heroes, The Simpsons, House- declined in quality after sometime. But I do watch them regularly even though one part of me wants to quit

Heroes: I think season 1 was good but after that it was stretched. Soon good characters were wasted in this.

The on-going season does seem to be promising but the magic of season 1 is definitely missing...

My list:1. The Big Bang Theory - Really, I can relate to this series. My whole life is very nerdy, I am a hermit, and yeah, I love the characters as well :)2. How I Met Your Mother - An absolute bloody classic, my favourite characters are Barney and Ted, Barney is quite a cool guy, I like how he acts like he is top, when he always gets rejected, it makes me want to achieve more things.3. Sea Patrol - It is a 3 years series so far. I really like it because it is Navy based, and I have always dreamed of joining the Australian Defence Forces, and it kind of gives me a slight insight as to what actually happens.

House is one good series. Series touched many issues and cleared many superstitious by showing them on television. Especially related to healing and all. I like that part for that clarification. Psi-factor which i forgot to list earlier was one of my favorite series. It was one good series till the end. And it ended with very badly. But anyway, story was really good. Family guy & simpsons, are one good animation shows. Also south park is good series as well. Not much of an intelligent drawn figures but the way they directed it is way too good.

Dear friends my favourite TV show right now is Manaada Mailada, in Tamil Basically I don't know tamil well but even though I love this show. It is a reallity show and basically a dance competition. But really the contestent are striving hard to win and be sucessful in this competition. Thats what I like the most about this program.?

Since I am a big Sci Fi fan, right now the best show on is Fringe. The actor that plays the old mad scientist is a great actor, it's hard to believe a normal sane person could do that good of a job of acting crazy but he does it really well. I agree with one of the other posters, Hero's was good when it started but has gone down hill in subsequent seasons. Supernatural is not too bad. I was looking forward to the remake of V, but they put it on opposite of another show we like so I haven't got to see any of it yet. Of course, I like Goast Whisperer, and Medium. Especially medium, I feel sorry for Joe, the husband, it wasn't bad enough he had to deal with his wifes dreams and resulting problems, but now all of his daughters are showing signs of having those type of talants, I think the poor guy is in for a rough ride, lol!About the only non sci fi show I like is NCIS. I love the cast on that show, especially Abbey, the actors are good and work really well together. There hasn't been a sit com on tv I've liked for a long time, back about Grace underfire was the last really good one, but I do get an occasional chuckle out of My Name is Earl, it's definatly red neck humor.

i agree with you guys, when new series start they are always good for the first 1-2 year, then they slowly destroy themselves, prison break had a bad ending, heroes is still watchable but have been boring a lot and the series lost destroyed itself the most xD house got way to boring with that many episodes,sometimes i just wish the people that produce these kind of series would end them earlier and start with newer series but thats probably not going to happenits probably because they are scared to fail on the new series, so they stick with the ones they got and the ones they know is popular, and therefor prolong them and make the story longer to get as much out of it as possible.

Well kawai, i think once the commercial interest starts inside the show then it gets destroyed. If it remains for long without much over-promotion then indeed it will be favorite of many. Like star trek, planet of apes show. There are many other great shows like defying gravity, batllestar gallactica. These shows are not much promoted and they survived purely on story plot than excessive promotion. Too much of money involvement for promotion and story plot changes to match sales/marketting hurts as well. We can see that heroes,lost did this to their show.

After a show gains some reputation it's almost always impossible to maintain it and almost every show I watch tumbled down after some time and while some picked up, the others are still lying down :)

I have a few favorites but these are the only ones that I will always tune in for; Supernatural, White Collar, Burn Notice, Ben 10 Alien Force.If it Includes anime; One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto.

i love movies a lot more that t.v. shows, i don't even have t.v. right now but if i were to pick my favorite and something i try to catch on the internet(the new episodes), it would be....

two and a half men. this show never fails to make me laugh.

The Big Bang theory has to be my favourite at this time. How I met your mother is another good one but when it on I'm at work.I really dislike the Crime Scene Genre, I don't know why but it's not my thing.I also watch a Japanese Manga called "Bleach", it's awesome and about the adventures of a Soul Reaper (Something like a Grim Reaper) and the battle between good and evil.