xisto Community
H.O.D

Is The Mycents Problem Behind Us?

First of all sorry to everyone who feels there's been too much discussion on this topic. This is just my second month in the forums and I have $0.00 in my account, and I need to cough up $3 by the 10th of next month - that's my situation! I've been mostly inactive for the past few days and the last thing I expected upon my return was this thread which said there's a problem with the updation of myCENTs. I found another thread by the same user which said that his CENTs were updated, but in that same thread some other users said their CENTs weren't updated. All this was few days ago and I think a lot of members are getting a but irritated with members like me who are asking about this matter. Look at this post for an example (no offence, just using it as an example!)

well ummm, i am getting my mycents. it's just taking a while to update. i think if most of you stop whining and just have patience, you'll find that your posts will be credited.
i also feel that if there is so much problems with the updates, the admins should address the issue publically so we don't get a lot of feedback from whiners with no patience.

so....users, stop whining. admins, update us from time to time and not leave us in the dark to *BLEEP* and moan

I'm just worried because my account is empty and there's a bill waiting to be paid in around 15 days. I just wanted to know whether this problem has been solved for all the users or not. Please forgive my impatience in this regard.

Haha... I believe that I recognise that quoted post from anwiii... no worries, I believe that the myCENTS problem is now over and done with... :P I mean, my myCENTS have updated more than twice today since I got on the computer and it's is actually acting like normal, so I believe that you have nothing to worry about... And don't worry, it's is actually rather easy to earn 300 myCENTS (aka 3 USD), so you'll survive and catch up in no time... :PAnd anyway, you don't have a lot of posts, twenty seven posts isn't a lot, and so you'll earn more than me, so you might have already earned all of your requires 300 myCENTS by the time I finished this thread...But anyway, Good luck!!! I do hope nothing wrong is still in your account!!! May all the best of luck go to you (or something like that)!!!

3$ mycents is not much. And you can earn them by seriously posting on topics. You don't need to post big useless paragraphs that contribute nothing to discussion. Instead be relevant and post some good replies that are with quality. I can say single para in 3 topics could give you 1$, besides you can maintain quality as well. It's not that hard, and you can even take time from support people as they're not going to shut your site down instantly. You've some time to post, just utilize it for quality posting. Mycent update problem is solved and in average they're updating in 15-20 minutes for everyone. For some people it is updating in 5 minutes. So don't worry about mycent update problem anymore.

To get some MyCents quickly, don't look around for thread to replies. You will spend much time doing that and finding a thread which you are interested enough to reply. Instead post your own thread about anything which you know something about. For two minutes keep your eyes closed and think about the topic you would come out with. Proof: Just do it :P and see. You will surely get some ideas or topics to talk and post about. As a thread creator you might also get some replies count credits in the long run, though I am not sure about this.

@BCD, there are no thread reply count credits. This mycent system only checks for the quality replies, new threads. There is no addition in credits if someone replies to your topic. You'll just get more into discussion that way to earn mycent and nothing else.

@BCD, there are no thread reply count credits. This mycent system only checks for the quality replies, new threads. There is no addition in credits if someone replies to your topic. You'll just get more into discussion that way to earn mycent and nothing else.

At mahesh2k: I thought that there was a system for getting more myCENTS if your thread is more popular or something like that? I reemember reading it somewhere in the Xisto forum rules or somewhere like that. Something was written there about you getting more myCENTS if your posts are of good quality, spelling and grammar, and also if you thread is popular.

If there are no thread reply count credits given out, then how does this work? Obviously, the computer will not be able to predict how popular the thread will be and how many replies the thread will receive before anyone actually replies to it, right? So then, how does this system work then? Or does Xisto only wrote that on the rules or some other notice board and is not following to it?

I don't believe that though, I've got faith in Xisto...

At mahesh2k: I thought that there was a system for getting more myCENTS if your thread is more popular or something like that? I reemember reading it somewhere in the Xisto forum rules or somewhere like that.

There is no such scale for paying extra or high for popular thread. If you think there is then please let me point to official notice from opaque or buffalohelp about this. I didn't seen any such announcement from them. If you found it, please link it. So others can see that as well.

Something was written there about you getting more myCENTS if your posts are of good quality, spelling and grammar, and also if you thread is popular.

Posting quality matters a lot. If SPAM and excessive posting is there then members/mods/admin can report it as spam and it hurts mycents. But thread being popular and so haws nothing to do with mycent increase. There are plenty of inactive mycent users who have their threads popular. But they're not following on that thread. And i don't see any increase in their mycent.

If there are no thread reply count credits given out, then how does this work? Obviously, the computer will not be able to predict how popular the thread will be and how many replies the thread will receive before anyone actually replies to it, right? So then, how does this system work then? Or does Xisto only wrote that on the rules or some other notice board and is not following to it?

This system works by counting quality & length of quality reply. It doesn't count for thread being popular or not. Your thread or mine getting popular has no effect on mycent system. It simply helps in driving discussion around community. With which you, me and rest of others get chance to post and earn mycent. We get mycents when we post quality replies with some length(i.e above 1-2 liner post). I hope this is clear and we're not in circles again with simple concept.

myCENTS DEPENDS UPON :-

- Size of Post

- Post Title and Description ( Try to give as good title and description as possible )

- Popularity of your post (will add to credit balance as it grows)

- The Topic or category where you are posting.*

This is where I read that thing: Link

May be popularity is also based on number of thread views and ratings(star). Well, whatever it is, the better the content better the revenue.

May be popularity is also based on number of thread views and ratings(star). Well, whatever it is, the better the content better the revenue.

Exactly it is for threads rating and pageviews. Here, the posting value of thread starters post might get increased due to the popularity of post. But this is strictly to thread starter and not others. Thread starter is not getting mycents updated for active participation of other members on his thread. If that was the case, old threads opened by users who were active in last month but not active in this month should have got their mycent automatically updated without participation.

Wow I didn't expect so many replies so soon! Anyways thanks for clarifying my doubts guys - I'm glad to know that the problem's been solved and I'll make sure to stock up on myCENTs if I have to go inactive again. I'll take care of the quality too, so thanks a lot for the advice :P

Not only as the Mycents problem been fixed, I think that it has been updated a bit. Before, MyCent would be updated I would say once or twice a day, but I've seen it get updated a lot more then that.

Not only as the Mycents problem been fixed, I think that it has been updated a bit. Before, MyCent would be updated I would say once or twice a day, but I've seen it get updated a lot more then that.

Yes I've seen the admin's reply saying that they are upgrading the server clusters or something like that - anyway all that matters is that they've done a great job and there'll be lesser grumbles among members :P

nope its not i think you are having your email ids in Xisto - Web Hosting and Xisto diffso you facing the proband also dont forget to post but not the spams