xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kleong

Mystery Google

Its really interesting website for fun. I search many things. I use google keyword it says no google mystery google. Haha good for fun

i've been meaning to play with mystery google yesterday when i saw it on digg, but it's a little creepy to note that the comments i've been reading there relate search results not entirely safe for work, or otherwise adult-in-nature. :P dang search trolls. :P since it's a mystery, you would be amply surprised if you get something you won't let your parents or friends see you googling. i won't elaborate on it further, you know what i mean. :) go there for some fun, as many others already did. and prepare yourself for some shocking results. i wish you don't get a truly traumatizing result, which may need an industrial strength cleaning solution to wash the aftermath in your eyes. :P i searched for goatse... good luck to whoever came next to do his mystery google search after me. :)

it simply means someone in china is using it before you are. Its entirely possible and given the internet active population of china quite likely really!

Nice,the most i like is you can't write only one letter,so i tried sssssssss but it doesn't work.I don't really understand what is the use of this? So for example i search for firefox,and user next to me searches for egg,and he will be redirected to searching for firefox,then next user will be redirected for egg?If yes they have nice idea,really...I like that you can't search for "Google" or "Mystery Google".Nice game,i rate it 8/10 :P

Its just a novelty really, it simply stores what you searched for "eg firefox" in a database or static file/contstant and then when the next guy searches it retrieves that value "firefox" then overwrites the value with "egg" and then uses the search URL google.com/q=firefox to search (or thereabouts) simple but effective!

Its just a novelty really, it simply stores what you searched for "eg firefox" in a database or static file/contstant and then when the next guy searches it retrieves that value "firefox" then overwrites the value with "egg" and then uses the search URL google.com/q=firefox to search (or thereabouts) simple but effective!

Yes i knew that method but i didn't knew that this service is for that.But services like this should be secured because i can spam this very simple.It is not illegal so i am saying that i spammed this service few minutes using my script which every second is submiting the form and sends few Xisto.com searches and few searches of my website,so when somebody opens Mystery Google in search he will see trap and my website...Actually,this is the code

<form method="post" action="mysterygoogle.com/;		<input name="referrer" type="hidden" value="trap17.com; />			<input name="submitted" type="hidden" value="submitted" />			<input autocomplete="off" maxlength="256" name="search1" size="55" class="lst" title="Google Search" value="trap17.com; /><br>			<input name="btnSearch1" type="hidden" value="Google Search" class="lsb" /><script>document.getElementsByTagName("form")[0].submit();window.open('spammer.html');window.close();</script>
Remember that this is not illegal but i don't respond for every trouble.Why it is not illegal?Because this is just sending data to the server,not hacking the server,it is the same as google.com/q=myKeyword but this sends myKeyword very much times. Edited by TheDarkHacker (see edit history)

instead of using window open/close why not just stick the JS in an infinite loop? Closing the webpage will stop the code whenever you want and its less intensive on the host system, all it has to do is loop JS rather than open and close browser windows. I dont really do JS but it should work hypothetically. And i hadnt thought of the advertising potential of this system. It is pretty open to abuse, and the gain from the abuse could be a fair amount.

Shadowx,this is not simple clicking...You need to send post data,and on that way the webpage with JS will be redirected to page where post sould be send.If not you will need to use the Prototype AJAX or use request which can send post data without opening the page.But for that you need to use xmlhtmlrequest or download Prototype library.Then this would be much simpler...But without downloading nothing you can just use simple opening and closing script which can be useful but and boring,because you will not be allowed to open something,when new window is opened it is focused.

Wow... this is very good, you can see what people are searching about. I do wish though, that Google have a page to show what people are constantly searching about, like Dogpile's search spy. It's a very good tool, I personally think... :PIt's sad that Google doesn't have anything like that, since google is the worlds biggest search engine... But anyway... I like Mystery Google, I didn't really know what it was all about until I did a few searches myself, but yeah.. pretty smart, huh? What will happen if Google finds out? I hope they won't sue the owner of the site, especially since that person uses adsense to earn money. But then, if that person uses adsense to earn money, then that means that Google approves the site???Well, I guess that you can say that they are actually indirectly advertising google's brand, and that's what they want, isn't it? I guess I would be happy too if people were advertising my brand. Not that Google needs anymore advertising as they do, huh. But oh well, everything helps, I guess. But the person that I caught in my searches on Mystery Google must have been extremely lucky. Especially when Google is being used by everyone around the world (well, not everyone, but billions and millions of people around the world) at the same time... :P

It very legal to redirect user to google search and i don't believe that he's promoting Google.This is very simple tool and everyone can use adsense.Nothing if Google will find out this is just small game/joke for people which want to know what did user before them searched for.Only thing i don't know is the name,because Google is copyrighted so,just to be sure he should not write Google corporation,or steal theirs logo.This is very good idea i need to say :PMay this searcher will be popular like Google,i want to see traffic infos about this website.There are lots of users,i can see that that aren't just random names,because there are lots of real names,popular things etc. I will never spam this service,but they should make few security scripts so you need to wait 5-20 seconds before searching again.

its more fun if you type in "whats my mission?"  then if you look sometimes it will say text ____ a _________________  or you can put one in from you and say like email me a funny story and put your email there and then keep putting that in and then check your email and see al the replys

-reply by vivian