xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Can You Live Without Your Cell Phone For 24 Hours?

No cell-phone for 24 hours  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No offense, but it's funny to read some of your replies - it's easy to write that "I can surely, definitely do it!" but it's another thing to implement it in real life. Our mind always tries to convince us that we can do something easily - of course that's a good thing but in cases like these we shouldn't trust ourselves too much ;) I think the only way to find out would be to really put away the phone for a day and then observe our own behaviour!

Well if I or you had an old Nokia or Motorola maybe but seeing as I have an iPhone 3G S then no way ;). The Apps, Internet, Phone, Text, Camera & The looks! I could not live without it.

No offense, but it's funny to read some of your replies - it's easy to write that "I can surely, definitely do it!" but it's another thing to implement it in real life. Our mind always tries to convince us that we can do something easily - of course that's a good thing but in cases like these we shouldn't trust ourselves too much ;) I think the only way to find out would be to really put away the phone for a day and then observe our own behaviour!

Well, I mean, I'm sure everyone could SURVIVE without a cellphone for a day... it's not like your mobile phone is food or water or shelter or anything... so basically, it IS easy to survive the twenty four hours... but for me, it's the twenty four hours AFTER that I'm worried about and everything. I'm assuming, however, that what you are saying is can you stop your cravings for your mobile phone and refrain yourself from using it?

Now THAT is the real question under yours... I can, I often forget to call my parents but I often get "killed" afterward, if you know what I mean.

Well i sold my cellphone more than a month ago, and i was a dead on the edge addict to it (i used the cellphone as a way to get rid of my insecurities when i was in places i wasnt comfortable in, [like when meeting new people, guys, or just going to the store] it was a good thing to have with me, i could text, call, pretend to be doing something on it)People still tell me i dont know how you are surviving without it. But to be honest, now that school started, i really need it backWith College, and everyone being on different schedules, and me not knowing where my friends are, it just stresses me out, knowing that im alone without my phone, and im just straight up left with LUCK of maybe bumping into someone, and if somoene wants to see me, well good luck because there is really no way to contact mei dissapeared into thin air without my cellphone hahaanother thing when i ride the bus/trolley back home (public transportation of san diego ;p) i feel so scared riding in, looking at all this creepy old people, and *BLEEP* without a cellphone or a way to calling for help, i mean if you were a kidnapper and you saw a girl with a cellphone on her hand, you would think twice before trying to do something to her... RIGHT? because she could dial 911 or dial somoene and scream for help.i dont know, im a psycho, but a day without my cellphone i can LIVE

Actually i do that too gisellebebegirl, all the time!

(i used the cellphone as a way to get rid of my insecurities when i was in places i wasn't comfortable in, [like when meeting new people, guys, or just going to the store]

It's actually kinda funny trying to look inconspicuous behind a phone. Its like saying, "I'm normal, everything's cool, nothing to see here, bye bye now". I'm way too shy.

The only thing i use my mobile for is a wake up alarm and for the time, the occasional call for business or emergency and of course the reason listed above.
Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Oh EASY!!! I could live without mine for months at a time. Only time I need one is when I do a road trip, and I need to call home. Collect calls are WAY out of sight, price wise. And recently I noticed it is nearly impossible to find a pay phone, and sometimes when you do you have to have a calling card of some sort to even use it. Very frustrating!They would come in handy if you were driving down the road and had your car break down. That is of course, if you knew who to call when it did. Honestly, if I wasn't trying to run a business, I'm not sure I would have any kind of telephone. I really hate getting calls on the old home phone, nobody calls unless I am busy doing something that I don't want to be disturbed while I'm doing it. I'd actually rather just do everything with email.