xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sofiaweb

The Global Warming Scam The Global Warming Scam

It is good to see that scientific views on this are changing...there is no credible evidence to support the global warming theory. Many organisations and people have profited by the global warming theories - in fact there is an entire world industry which has grown around it. Remember the panic over the supposed Y2K bug? A huge inustry was built around that too, millions of dollars of profit made - again on ridiculous and unfounded theories... Al Gore is certainly profitting from it all - not to mention carbon footprints???? All that private jet travel????? Ridiculous! :D:D:):P:D

It is good to see that scientific views on this are changing...there is no credible evidence to support the global warming theory.
Many organisations and people have profited by the global warming theories - in fact there is an entire world industry which has grown around it.

Remember the panic over the supposed Y2K bug? A huge inustry was built around that too, millions of dollars of profit made - again on ridiculous and unfounded theories...

Al Gore is certainly profitting from it all - not to mention carbon footprints???? All that private jet travel?????

Ridiculous!

:D:D:):P:D

The earths climate is a hard thing to understand. Weather or not people are having a significant impact on the earths temperature is a matter of debate but what ever impact we may be having is certainly much less then suggested by Al Gore's rants.

i dont think that global warming is a scam at allwe are slowly harming our planet by weakening the oxon layer and suchi mean think about it, what good could come out from wasting all of our natural resources and trowing hazardous chemicals up to the roof, none. it harms both our health and the planets healthsure i do not think the world will end because of polution by 2012 or neverless during our lifetime but we sure are speeding the process up, think of global warming as a way that we slowly kill ourplanet little by littlecome on dont you think wasting less energy by turning lights off and using our cars and acs less worth many of our animal species lives?you might think of it as a scam, because now the media has its paws all over it, trying to sell stuff through this economic resession by putting the words "this helps the enviroment, enviromental friendly" on itbut even if its not exactly global warming we are harming our planet

hmm, global warming. if that was only true, but so far all i have read was earth was in fact the same temperature as 1950 and before... 1. I don't believe in it for a few reasons, one its a political hoax more then anything...... 2. there are too many facts that its fake, like the ice one the one pole, is melting, but they miss the fact that other pole is 43% bigger..... Global Warming not something that I readily believe in.

Well a lot of the information about it is Misinformation, how ever the sum of it is not as misinforming as what you just said, anyone who is interested in Global warming which deals with information, misinformation and speculation should watch this video series on youtube.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

But it certainly is not a scam, there certainly is evidence for it. Also in the Case of the Y2K bug they were unsure of what would happen, although what they predicted really was not such.

I doubt its a scam, Blown out of proportion? maybe. but science is right

That statement is so meaningless. Without knowing how much a change in CO2 concentration will effect temperature, or what portion of CO2 the ecosystem will absorb, knowing that CO2 can have an effect on temperature is meaningless. Me farting has an effect on temperature but I don't think it is going to end the world.

I doubt very many of us are qualified to have an intelligent opinion about the "Global Warming" stuff going on. Almost everything you read on the subject is biased and exaggerated with important information purposely left out. The sad fact is most people are so worked about global warming and they don't know anything about it including whether it's a load of crap or a real threat to the world. You see people protesting and arguing about global warming and they most likely don't know a thing about climate that wasn't fed to them by biased sources. If anyone feels so strongly about it, they should become climatologists to get the facts they want. I'm all for protecting the environment and saving the animals and what not, but I'm not going to go nuts about climate change because it seems highly unlikely that we're having an effect on it. There's a rule of life to go by and it goes, Truth in uncertainty is almost always inversely proportional to what the masses believe. In the grand scheme of things 99% of the people who are so vocal about Global Warming = End of the World don't have a clue what's going on. They aren't experts in the field of climate change by any means. They could be right, they could be wrong, but they don't know either way and are just being naive to pretend they know what's going on.Don't jump on the band wagon because it's the fad of the decade. There have been all kinds of end of the world fads and the world hasn't ended yet and even if it does it probably won't even be our fault. If the world's truly in danger of some disaster I'm sure there would be a lot less debating about the seriousness of the situation. All the geniuses and climate experts in the world can't unanimously decide whether humans have a devastating effect on the climate? Pfft.PS: I have a funny feeling that somebody will blow up, disintegrate or otherwise destroy the earth in the future anyway and will make all this climate change stuff irrelevant.. :)

Edited by rob86 (see edit history)

sure i do not think the world will end because of polution by 2012

To True,

People need to understand that if the world's population continue on this path for a while, the world is not likely to end or come to disaster or anything similar. Al Gore's movie "AN Inconvenient Truth" shows people all the possible 'theories' that are out there about Global Warming, He says that the carbon emission content will grow 4 times as it is now, although if this is true it's nothing will can't handle. Plant life will adapt to these changes and so will we. If it is us that will change or technology, us humans on Earth have a way of figuring things out. The issue on Sea Levels is a scary possibility, although people need to realize technology is changing by the minute, we will figure something out such as alternate living spaces for the masses of people and so on. Although Sea Levels are only growing at such a slow rate that it may drop a few Cm's a year as well as rise, it's pretty much all a cycle.

My view on this is that if people could survive some of the Ice Ages those many years ago, well what about now with our kind of technology, heh ??? ... Think about it!

It's definetly not a scam. For example here in portugal, 10 years ago the weather was always mild in the Summer, etc. Now, when it's Winter it's practically hot and then the day next it snows, then in the Summer we get stunning high temperatures and boom, rain days after or even more hot. Also the sea level is going up drastically and all these smokes going to the atmosphere? How come it doesn't do anything?About the 2012 thing, did the World end in 2000? No.

Edited by SpiderVV (see edit history)

Al Gorey Gore strikes again. I have seen so many topics here of Global warming and all these so called effects that they say that it is having. Hello People Wake up and open your eyes. There is no such thing as real global warming. The earth has phases it will go through ever now and then, such as spring summer fall and winter. This is only one of many Mother Nature has. Yes man is not helping things with all the Beep we are doing to the earth. But Global Warming? That is just 2 words cooked up by people in Washington DC one day to scare the people into using less energy, that's all.Secondly, we have only been keeping records of temps and such for less than 200yrs. We do not know what the Summer or Winter was like say 500 yrs ago. For all we really know. it could be just like it is today. Weather Patterns change not only daily but hourly. Nothing stays the same. So for GW? The joke is on us. But and this is a big one. We can help by saving what we have.

Secondly, we have only been keeping records of temps and such for less than 200yrs. We do not know what the Summer or Winter was like say 500 yrs ago. For all we really know. it could be just like it is today. Weather Patterns change not only daily but hourly. Nothing stays the same. So for GW? The joke is on us. But and this is a big one. We can help by saving what we have.

It depends on what method you use to construct past temperatures. If you go by boar holes you might think it was warmer 500 years ago.

Posted Image

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

Then again you may not:

Posted Image

https://www.nap.edu/read/11676/chapter/2

It all depends on how you mine the data.

Edited by s243a (see edit history)

I believe global warming is a profitable scam.

they say that the whole in the ozone layer is getting bigger. But leading scientists have said that it is in fact closing. global temperature change is common and the earth goes through stages where it is hot and cold at different times example being ice ages. If you look over temperature on the earth in the last 50 years maybe then it could be at a high but if you look back much later (500 years) there has been much higher temperatures then now and yeah man kind was wiped out then wasn't it.

so my advice is to get into the global warming profit making schemes now! before people relise its a joke. 

-reply by hgdhgyasas