xisto Community
SpiderVV

What Is Your Favourite Operative System? Most used only.

Operative Systems  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The poll says it all, what's your favourite OS and why?Mine is Windows Vista and XP, I like both but for some laptops or old PC's, Vista's just a damn bottleneck even to new PC's, its aero effects occupy too much GFX Card VRAM and slows down the games. For XP, well it's old but I still like it, basic effects, no big deals in crashes (BSoD's instantly if a driver is bad) and it's easy to use, but not as hard as Vista btw. Also XP has more game compatibility atm, when Windows 7 is out, I will upgrade every PC at home. :)

have been using Windows 7 for sum time now and with the realease of RC i am probably sticking with it for a long time.Its simple, fast and is pretty much a very pretty XP

At work I use XP and no plans to upgrade to Vista or 7 being that the business is internet related and the new OS's really don't provide any great advantage (I'm a web-developer), on my laptop two drives one with Ubuntu-64 and the other Vista-64.I like Ubuntu, Linux has come a long way in the past 10-years, I am comparing to an old version of Red-Hat with Ubuntu-64, installation was quick and complete with all the drivers except the wireless card but found the driver w/o a problem, compact (~1 gig for the OS that includes OpenOffice).But i most like XP :)Whereas Vista-64, on the other hand... just for the OS is ~3.5 gig, another gig of SP's to download with multiple reboots and download sessions, then the Office install and it's SP's and then the pain in the a$$... is to find drivers to install and if they are 'not MS Certified' you are thrown into TEST-MODE (which is intended for developers) plastered all over the screen, DAH, why not just create a compatibly mode for users... then a reload of all the your favorite apps, recreation of all your connections and the setting of all the settings... blah, blah, blah................ and in the end to find out, it is not any quicker even after providing more real-estate, ram, and a new faster pcI been working with MS OS's since the beginning, and now I think they are headed down the wrong path. The new OS's require a wipe and a re-install of everything for some nice visual effects and a TON of Administrator POPUPS (even when you are logged in as Admin, it's like asking 1, Are you sure? 2. Are you really sure?? 3. Are you really, really sure??? ) it is very similar to flippin' blinkin' text that I hate...MS needs to trim the bloated fat, make migration smoother, and provide an increase value otherwise their future OS's are being launched on sinking ships and we will be using XP for the next decade...PS: one other dumb crumb, there is a new IE64 which has problems with many sites, it has the same icon as the old IE...

This is good poll and question. My favorite Operating System is Mac OS (X 10.5 Leopard). I really love it. It is fast, secure, user-friendly... and the most important thing is that it is from the UNIX family. The most games and applications that are supported on windows, here are too, so it is very very great. It is good for photography, design, programming, music and video... The game experience is very very good. It looks so real. And when watching movies, too. Thanks to Steve Jobs.

Currently using Windows 7 beta and have yet to encounter serious issues except for some driver crashes from nvidia. It feels like Windows Vista and runs like Windows XP.Before Windows 7, i used Windows XP x64 right after i upgraded my computer to AMD X2. It was my another favorite OS. Although it was not as stable as Windows XP 32-bit, productivity spells right in that OS. Gaming wise, it depends, Korean made MMOs will have lots of problem running while western developed games like Call of Duty 4, runs very fine in there.

im using always my favorite windows xp pro! :)windows xp profesional im using always bec. you have no problem installing it like other OS there their are needing requirements!windows xp profesional is mostly use OS in the whole word :D

If i remember correctly then Macintosh & Windows 98 are used heavily by me. I surfed a lot on windows 95/98 machines than any other. Besides till 2004 there were few machines in cyber cafe near my home had windows 98 installed machines. I still know few people using windows 98/ME/2K machines. Soon these people will migrate to new version though. After 2004, definitely XP gripped on market. and now that even windows 7 is coming. there are few people who can't afford windows 7 and hardware upgrade will keep XP alive for next 3-4 years. So here is list of operating system so far i've used the most.1. Mac OS 2. Windows 95/983. Ubuntu & Windows XPOther operating systems like windows 2k, linux variants are still there as VMWare image. and i do boot into that for fun somtimes.

My favourite OS is Windows XP, by now...I remember the times when my family had a PC with Windows 3.1 at home. Yeah! I had to "exit" Windows to run games on MS-DOS from ploppy disks!!! That was incredible... managing to move around the text-only enviroments to run a simple racing game and I was 6 years old. Those kinds of things are what really increases creativity and abstraction skills, not like today's software that are for fools! Like VishBoy said: it asks you Are you sure? Are you really sure?.... What the hell is that? Jus go do it, and if that means formatting a hard disk... who cares, it was just 200 Mb! hahahaNext computer we bought had Windows 98 SE. That was smooth.. No need for DOS, though it had BS-OD every 5 minutes... Unluckily, during one of my experiments with computer science, I accidentally misconfigured the whole system... Yeap, dad wasn't glad, you can be sure heheA neighbour of us offered himself to reinstall Windows from zero for free. Sure! But it was a terrible backwards step: he installed Windows ME! Dmn, that was slow, unstable, slow, unstable, and slow... Really.Luckily, a new computer was bought few years after that accident, now with Windows XP Pro. It was a calm breath out of Millenium Edition, and soon I got used to the new graphics and stuff. It's the operative system I have used longer, so I guess that's why it is my favourite one, and why every time I have to deal with any other OS, I find myself thinking twice how I have to do everything else.Finally, a week ago, I installed a light distro of Linux in the old computer (the one that had ME, which I whipped out of the HD in a rush of good formatting violence), it's called Damn Small Linux. I really hadn't time to explore much, and if we add that if the machine has no ethernet port or WiFi card to connect to Internet through DSL through recently made network, you can imagine there isn't much that I can do. However, a good, full instalation of a serious distro of Linux, like Ubuntu or Debian may replace Win XP as my fav OS... maybe

My favourite operating system is ubuntu. With the latest version of ubuntu, it make me fall deeper in love with ubuntu. Being said that, Most of the time I'm still using Windows Vista. Just when I'm trying my best to change into ubuntu user, Windows 7 came out. *sigh* I think windows is very easy to use and understand inside out but for GNU linux, it will gonna take sometime...Maybe it is all because I start with window first. If and only if ubuntu was introduced to me when I first touched computer. :)

My OS is now currently Windows Vista, because I got a RAM upgrade and thought it would be good to use Vista.My favorite operating system is Windows XP, Windows XP is the easiest, fastest and most reliable operating system. You can use more programs with it, you can personalize it to suit you, it doesn't use alot of RAM and it's very user-friendly. My favorite thing in XP is the ability to customize the entire OS to suit you. You can create your own GUI or create something that looks like the desktop of a MAC or Linux system. The best program to use for customization is Rain meter, its a system monitoring application that can show the computers information on the desktop in fancy and interesting ways. You can easily hide things on the desktop and then add a hover-dock with all your shortcuts and allow for extra space for things you want. The most interesting thing is that Vista still can't run all the programs that XP can run, these are mostly older programs that existed around the time of XP's Release. I like the Vista Sidebar, although it uses alot of ram. XP can have alot of things similar to the sidebar but with less RAM usage. More games work on XP than Vista, Vista's only advantage in games is Direct X 10 and the upcoming version of 11, i think. :). XP is compatible with pretty much every driver that has been made for the PC, which is amazing and is what people need.The only program I see is that Windows 7 is soon to be released. This will cause a problem for Windows XP as it will tend to seem outdated been 2 versions done, no doubt people will still use it, it's just it won't last long....

Dear friends?I personally am a fan of windows XP for many reasons. An I can see it that the polling results also shows that more people are window fans. So it proves automatically that Window Rocks.?

I have to go with Windows XP because it is the most solid of operating system out there. Even though it took a better part of a decade to get there and many many updates it was thanks to Vista that made XP even more special and important because of how universal this operating system has been as well. Even though I could be switching to a new operating system on a new computer, hopefully, and so I will be missing this operating system. Heck, I might get a copy for dual boot purposes for a just in case :). Even though I haven't use Ubuntu much I find it one of the most user friendly operating system Linux has to offer. It is pretty solid point and click interface but the real magic happens once you know Linux programming to make Ubuntu go to work.

I have been using Windows XP. It can get any of the work done with minimum hassles. Very stable, doesn't tax much on the system. Other than these thing its the little tweaks which I have applied all these years which makes this OS great. A bare bone XP installation isn't that great until you tweak it to your likings. Many people have released such nifty tools and edits that I have always wondered why doesnt these tweaks come as default in the installation itself. Now, I have two OS installed, the old XP which I have been using since many years, and now recently installed Ubuntu OS. The very first thing which atracted me in Ubuntu is the fonts, I am not sure many of you may even disagree with that. But I really liked the fonts and the overall appearance. Then I started trying with some basic things and tried Compiz effects which are just awesome. It is most amazing effects I have ever seen, and I didnt understand all the hype about Aero effects on windows when somthing like Compiz existed in Linux. Now having such a thing on windows would cost $$ as in M$. But I think there does exist one for free, made in .Net, I dont remember the name, anyway doesnt match with that of Compiz.The next thing I saw in Ubuntu is the user friendliness. All the hard tweaks done manually in XP pre-exist in Ubuntu. And then as I started seeking help, I found the Ubuntu forums to be an excellent resource for all the problems. Almost all the problems or troubleshooting issues on almost any type of hardware has already been discussed and solved.Installing programs in Ubuntu is a breeze because of all-in-one mangament system for installation, updates and OS upgrades. Consider that with Windows, where all these things are cluttered around with each one acting in its own way. I dont think such a central management system as in Ubuntu would be possible on windows unless Windows goes opensource.So thats all I have to say about the Operating systems I use. I still use Windows XP, but slowly picking up with Ubuntu.

Well to be honest, when it first came out I hated Windows XP but after using it and getting used to it, I love it. so very simple to use unlike Pista aka Vista. Not sure of windows 7 yet. only have used it 1 time on a friend's laptop. really did not care for it too much, even though I did like the looks, but the feel, really did not care for that much

My favorite operating system by far is Windows Seven, because I like how it gives me a simple interface to work with and how snappy it feels compared to Windows Vista. It doesn't seem bloated, and it combines the speed and power of Windos XP and the design of Windows Vista. I really do enjoy how it goes quickly and how I can arrange windows, which makes it so much easier than having to manually drag and drop and have a little OCD because it doesn't line up exactly. The Aero functions like Peek, Snap, Track, and all those little gimmicks make it amazing. Before Windows Seven I really did enjoy Windows XP Professional, because it was elegant, and looked so much better than those old Windows NT, CE and ME Operating Systems. It had a lot of theming potential, and what you got on Vista could be achieved in XP using a couple of simultaneous programs that took up less RAM and CPU power than Windows Vista. When I recieved my first laptop, I was excited for Windows Vista, when I ran it, with a better computer than my desktop could dream of, it was so bloaty, that I couldn't a game, and multitask with the internet, even though I got a great gaming rig, that had impressive Media functionalityIn the end Windows 7 Release Candidate 1 serves me the best so far. I love dual-booting it on this laptop, and I will get it for the low low price of fifty dollars or a hundred dollars if they allow me to upgrade to Windows Seven Ultimate so I can use Windows XP Profressional as well. I just hope the fact that its been cracked by that Levnovo Windows Seven Release To Manufacturing (RTM) OEM doesn't stop people from buying it and the price from going up.