xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chrismiller3404

Your Blood Type?

my blood type is AB! and i dont care if its popular or not,
these is the meaning of AB blood type:

Type ABAdvantages: sensitive, proud, diplomatic, discriminating, easy-going, sympathetic, efficient, learns quickly

Disadvantages: short-tempered, complains, dependent, moody, brooding

came from this site i search
http://chibinazumi.tripod.com/id9.html
check yours blood specification too if you like at that site!

I honestly have no clue what my blood type is.I have no real need to know unless i plan on getting seriously injured and losing a lot of blood.

I honestly have no clue what my blood type is.
I have no real need to know unless i plan on getting seriously injured and losing a lot of blood.

what are you sure you dont know your blood type!
did you check your birth cirtificate im sure its in their! :)

Mines is B,The really weird part is my kid from first marriage is O and her Father is B same as me, not sure how I ended up with a O for a kid. If any one as an idea please share with me. And no I never slept around on my ex-hubby , thou he did on me hence the Ex.

I'm not sure what mine is, my mums is rare so i should check it out. Maybe i could get some cash for mine from the blood bank, i could be rich i tell you! They better give me more than just a cookie or whatever....

My blood type is O +ve. I

O positive donors are needed more frequently than any other donor. Because O positive is the most common Blood type (39% of the population), it is needed more often by people requiring Blood in hospitals.

Souce: http://www.bloodbook.com/type-facts.html

So O +ve blood human can accepts blood from A+, AB+, B+, O+ blood.

Just a question... what is the difference between positive and negative blood anyway?I know that different blood types might or might not clump when they are mixed together, giving it's suitability of who to donate the blood to, but I've never heard about positive or negative blood types, so I don't know about me...I'm O by the way, the most common and yet the most hard to donate to, because only O blood type people can only receive donations from to O blood type people, but O blood type people can donate to everyone else as well.

Just a question... what is the difference between positive and negative blood anyway?
I know that different blood types might or might not clump when they are mixed together, giving it's suitability of who to donate the blood to, but I've never heard about positive or negative blood types, so I don't know about me...

I'm O by the way, the most common and yet the most hard to donate to, because only O blood type people can only receive donations from to O blood type people, but O blood type people can donate to everyone else as well.

Positive blood means you have an "rh" antigen and no rh antibodies
Negative blood means you have no rh antigen and do have the rh antibodies

*Only* O negative can donate to *everyone*. O positive can not donate to O negative but O negative can donate to O positive.

AB positive is the only universal recipient.

Ah yes...

You're right. :-/

Only AB can receive any type of blood with out clotting... lucky.

And a quick search on the internet shows this:

Definitions:

Antigen - (antigenicity) Any agent, often a large molecule, that stimulates production of an antibody that will react specifically with it. Each antigen may contain more than one site capable of binding to a particular antibody. ...

Antibody - A protein produced by the body's immune system in response to a foreign substance (antigen). Our bodies fight off an infection by producing antibodies. An antibody reacts specifically with the antigen that triggered its formation and its function is to inactivate the antigen.

So, there we go...

And Rh is...

The term Rhesus (Rh) blood group system refers to the 5 main Rhesus antigens (C, c, D, E and e) as well as the many other less frequent Rhesus antigens. The terms Rhesus factor and Rh factor are equivalent and refer to the Rh D antigen only.

Didn't get the last bit, but I think I get everything else now. Thanks for pointing that out, rpgsearchez.

Notice from rvalkass:

Quote tags added.

Mines is B,
The really weird part is my kid from first marriage is O and her Father is B same as me, not sure how I ended up with a O for a kid.
If any one as an idea please share with me. And no I never slept around on my ex-hubby , thou he did on me hence the Ex.

This is highly unlikely. Since you have never slept around, is there a possibility that there is a "mixed-up" in the hospital? Meaning that babies was accidentally "swapped" at birth?

This is highly unlikely. Since you have never slept around, is there a possibility that there is a "mixed-up" in the hospital? Meaning that babies was accidentally "swapped" at birth?

Not necessarily true... Here is a resource that shows otherwise:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Apparently if both parents are B their offspring will either be B or O.
Edited by rpgsearcherz (see edit history)

Not necessarily true... Here is a resource that shows otherwise:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Apparently if both parents are B their offspring will either be B or O.

Which is exactly why there are more O blood type people than any other blood type anywhere else around the world...
I'm glad you actually do research, rpg.

Which is exactly why there are more O blood type people than any other blood type anywhere else around the world...I'm glad you actually do research, rpg.

lol, I rarely make posts here without knowing what I'm talking about before hand. If I don't know something I'll admit I don't know it, or admit it's a guess. Otherwise, if I don't know I will research ahead of time.

That information actually amazed me though. So it seems blood type works like other genes. You can have two blonde parents that have an offspring with brown hair. So blood type seems to work the same way.

I'm O-Neg but I think both of my parents are something else.