xisto Community
alexwhin

Do You Think Popups Are A Bad Thing? www.bpsite.tk

Pop-up, down, sideways... Even all the way to heaven, are all messed up and those people who make them make it look so ugly I always am like " AHHH! My eyes! It burns, it burns!" Just use an AdBlocker and it's all gone ^_^Which pop-ups are you talking about tricky77puzzle? I don't get what you are saying :P

Advertising pop-ups are the most annoying thing on the internet, i have a 2 year old laptop (not the fastest) and they slow my computer down ^_^I'm fine with ads in general, without them websites wouldn't be financially viable. Its the ones that i have no interest in that i hate.I also hate the way that if i turn the pop-up blocker on (the one that is included in Internet Explorer) it blocks those annoying pop-ups, but i have to temp. allow pop-ups for any pages that open in new windows.I also find that i'm seeing more and more tracking cookies on my computer as more sites look to adding ads to their site.

i hate popups, because sometimes i'll just be reading something or typing somethin into the address bar and BAM! i get interrupted like several times. its definatly annoying to the point where it just frustrates me and makes me just logg off the computer. Ad's also suck, although the web owner dood XD wants to make some money off of it, they're some that just have way to many ad's on their page. probably more ad's than they do content.

I absolutely hate popups! They make me so mad, I just do not get the point? Of course they force us into actually looking at those horrible ads, but do people really care about them? Well, what I am meaning is; do the popups makes us want to take a look at the product, site, game or whatever they are trying to make us to? Whenever I see one of those, I just click out of the site. I just do not think sites that voluntary uses the popups, are very serious. Lots of ads ruins a site! If everyone were like me sites with popups would not get any visitors. ^^So get rid of them, please!

Popups are enoying, they just bothers and make no sense for the most. Why go visit a page, and knowing you will be tormented with popups? Certainly you avoid it if you can. Opensubtitles.org for one exemple are one of these sites that by clicking the letterbox you call for a script that firefox included popup-blocker cannot block and its open up an advert. Thats irritating, but often one of these sites you cannot live without, so it is biting the sour apple when entering the last outpost for subtitles. Must I be giving negative opinion i also have to say something positive. One of the very few positive with popups and are in order if you calling for it, like watching a game trailer on gamespot.com for an exemple.

Pop under ads are the worst in my opinion. Like after you try to go to your desktop, and their are tons of ads you didn't even know were there slowing your computer down. I remember having a slow computer where it would take a long to just close them and I'd loose response of my computer. I don't mind pop ups as much since you see them coming up while they're loading and can close them really fast. I hate the ones that make noise and a voice comes on like: "Congradulations! You have won a free Xbox 360 etc etc." I don't respect businesses that use these methods of advertising. My favorite is little text ads, like from Google, plus the content in those is actually interesting to you unlike some pop up for "Get a free screen saver (with a bunch of also free malware...)" ads.

Yes. They are. I hate popups. They are really annoying. Nobody likes popups. If we put annoying popups in ourwebsites, the visitor will never comes to our website again. Popups are worst, in whatever form they may be, from a small box to a larger window. Those who opens new windows to open their advertisements are worse than the worst.

i don't mind advertizements in general. you just need to learn to ignore them and not let them get on your nerves. Pop ups are one of the more anoying forms of advertizements but it means the website gets richer so they can improve the website so its just like actually paying for the service except its a lot cheaper - but a lot more anoying lolz.

Well ads in general are annoying, unless they are only text ads. Pop ups and unders or over or across, they all bug me. I get a pop-up blocker to block pop-ups. Then when I intend to open a link or something, i have to unblock the popup and that site has popups so I have to turn it on again but only after I close them.What I really hate are ads that you cant close, webpages that move around before you can get to the X in time. When you hit the X, then an alert thing comes up. Then you gotta get your task manager and close it. But for people that dont know how to use the computer, they might decide that they want to manually turn off the computer, which i think is silly.

Well, do you? I think as long as you only have one or two, then they can be ok (but they still bug me).

Dear friend even I do dislike them. But what to do. Pop ups are really disturbing. But now a days many a browsers have their popup blockers you can use them and get rid of this trouble. To some extend we should think on their part also that its a business world and popups and other ads provide the income they want to sustain. So unless and untill the ad did not disturbs your browsing then its ok for me. But pop ups I should say noooooooooooooooooooooo. Can't bear them.?

Popups are extremely annoying. Even one or two. However, popunders are even worse. They hang around long after you've moved away from the site and pop up again later, like an unwelcome guest.Ads in the page are okay, and many sites do these tastefully. However, popups are definitely a "bad thing" for the internet.Regards,z.

I can't stand popups, or popunders. They are by far the most intrusive ads I have ever seen - worse even than the "interstitial" ads(where when you go from one page to another you see a full page ad for 5-10 seconds).Banners are fine to me, but when people pop up extra screens it takes away from your goal. Your goal is to find the information you want, not to sit around trying to decipher which pages you can or can not close.There are many times where I have 5-10 browsers open because I'm doing research. When popups start coming out it causes either a slowdown on the PC or mentally because I have to figure out which sites were ones I wanted and which ones are just ads.I will not go to websites more than once when I find out they have popups. It's just a form of harassment to me.