xisto Community
alexwhin

Do You Think Popups Are A Bad Thing? www.bpsite.tk

I have to agree with the majority, I hate popups. In any form they are annoying as hell. I suppose it really really starts to get under my skin when I visit a professional site and BAM one just smacks me in the face. I really didn't expect it from a company like that, and that makes me want to shut the site down at all costs and find another program or source to purchase/view from... Well thats just what I do :(.Really not a fan!

pop ups can be tricky. some of the geeks in our school try their best to improve the school's network and softwares to prevent popups from appearing when one surfs using the pc's in the labs. personally, i've had problems with popups (which almost destroyed my pc). even in my previous hosting site. when i found out (through mozilla) that my previous hosting site adds popups to their members' free accounts, i withdrew my files and transferred to Xisto. :(

I do clasify them as bad, because not only they are irritating, but they also may contain virus. One such website is mpcforum.comSo this website helps a lot by banning the ads in boards, I just love here, giving me the warm of home rather than other host.

Do you think massive enternal hemeraging is a bad thing? Do you think AIDs is a bad thing? Do you think the antichrist would be a bad person? Well, he'd probably destroy the world by flooding it with popups.Whoever first invented the popup ad should be shot, drawn and quatered, and then dragged through the streets as an example to others.------All sillniess aside...they're really really really obnoxious.

Pop-ups, for sure, is a bad thing, so bad that almost all browsers now have an integrated feature to turn pop-ups off. The shear amount of people who cannot stand pop-ups or pop-unders is examplified by this. Pop-ups, often pose a security threat to the computer too. They may carry bad ActiveX commands, java applets and etc. I really suggest that all users block pop-ups by the firewall or the browser to protect themselves.

Id have to say popups are annoying and takes loading time for users on 56k modems.Now for people with cable, it shouldn't be a problem, yet its still an annoyance. agree?If you need the extra cash, and know good popup sites, id recommend Exit, or POPUnders.With exit popups it will never bother the user at all, until he/she exits the website , which they are already clicking X's on the windows so i dont think anotherone would bother them much at all.

i think pop ups are just a damn pain in the *bottom* just from the point of view where you are busy with something and then you have to keep closing things and carry on with what you were doing, which gets really painful after a while. I mean if i wanted to see what was on the pop ups i would be searching for it and not doing something else. but that is why i use firefox because it works like a charm with pop ups. To be honest if i am searching for something and pop ups for that come up i can live with it but when these random freaking pop ups keep "popping up" it gets really annoying !!!!!!!!!!!

I hate all ads except for text ones like from google.they are quite interesting, I also hate when I go to a site and they have like these find a mate banners... it is messed up on how people think to advertise.

I had never heard of popunders before, I suppose they are the ads that appear on the page. Am I right? About popups, I hate them also. They disturb your navigation experience by forcing you to look at them, I personally do not like to be forced to do something, though its been a long time since I have ever had a popup. Firefox does a pretty good job with it. Oh, the pop up with the smilies is the one I remember the most, I hate it, because if I ever want smilies, I would make my own. The only purpose, or reason a website should ever have popups, is when you click on a link. Whenever you aski for it. Example: when there is a calendar on a page, and instead of clicking on a date for a new window or the same window to open, you could use a small pop up displaying the information on that date. That way you can visualize as many dates as you want without leaving that page with the calendar.

Even more annoying than pop ups are the fly in ads. Pop up stoppers can't stop them at the moment, but so far they only seem to be getting used by reputable advertisers.I spend a lot of time on Traffic Exchanges, which are favourite targets for virus infested pop ups, java download boxes, and similar annoying and dangerous effects. Unfortunately, there are only 2 choices with them, tolerate, or don't go there again.

I hate popup especially advertising popup because it annoy me very much. but now it's not annoy me anymore because I turn to use the browser that have popup blocker feature.