xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
buherath

Easy Way To Read Ebooks In Your Mobile

If you open an Ebook in acrobat reader in your phone it takes ages to even scroll to the second page.
Well, here is a better and easier method. With this method you can read books even as you travel.

1. Go to this site. http://www.mobipocket.com/en/HomePage/default.asp?Language=EN

2. Go to software section and download the "Mobipocket Ebook Reader for PC". (Click the image of the PC). Then install it.

3. Then from the above site download the "Mobipocket Ebook Reader" for your respective mobile phone. (Mine was symbian 9.3). Then connect your phone to the computer and transfer the Mobipocket Ebook Reader and install it on your phone.

4. Now open the "Ebook Reader for PC" (which you installed on your computer). Now click the "Import" button and find your Ebook, and open it. It will automatically convert the book into a Mobipocket Reader file. Now you can read it on your computer.

5. Then click the "Reading Devices" button to the left side of the screen. Now plug your phone in to the computer and follow the onscreen steps to establish the link between your phone and the software. Then the Mobipocket Reader PC will recognize your phone.

6. Now you can select the Ebook from the "Ebooks" tab, right click on it and click send and select your phone.

7. Now unplug your phone and in your phone open the "Ebook Reader". Then in the library you can find the book you want.

You can create book marks, change the font and the size of the font and change many other things. Now you can read your favorite books even as you travel. There is no hassle with pages or light.

Another alternative to mobipocket is Wattpad. Wattpad works with every Mobile OS out there. It works with symbian, linux and soon for android as well. Wattpad requires internet connection to download the books from it's archives.

First step is to check. https://www.wattpad.com/ Then download the software for your mobile phone. Once you downloaded the software, you need to connect to GPRS frequently to access books. So watch out with the data transfer if your plan based on data transfer. Once you download the software you can read books and save it's link in your archive and read it later. Also you can check the most read and most preferred list of books from the list.

I love reading, and those tools would be of great use for me. Sadly, my phone, Nokia 3500 Classic has a XHTML browser... but doesn't allow applications to access Internet. Believe, I've tried almost everything: the manual, access rights, connection spots, etc. I even found something that kind of confirmed my theory in Nokia's website (but can't remember where, really, it was like a comparison). Also, buying a newer phone is not an option today for me since money isn't something that abounds for a student in my country.However, I found my way of reading from my mobile: I just upload the e-books to Google Docs, and read them from there. I can divide the book in chapters, each one a file and put them all into the same folder. This way, all I have to do is read them from the browser. It has its cons to, of course. It's quite a rudimentary procedure for these days: no bookmarks (if I don't finish the chapter at once, I have to look through all the doc where I left the reading), no previous / next chapter link, and so on...But, in the end, it works for me. ;-)

i use QREADER for mobile reading. :lol: i source for reading materials in txt format, then transfer them to my memory card.

If you open an Ebook in acrobat reader in your phone it takes ages to even scroll to the second page. Well, here is a better and easier method. With this method you can read books even as you travel.

1. Go to this site. http://www.mobipocket.com/en/HomePage/default.asp?Language=EN

2. Go to software section and download the "Mobipocket Ebook Reader for PC". (Click the image of the PC). Then install it.

3. Then from the above site download the "Mobipocket Ebook Reader" for your respective mobile phone. (Mine was symbian 9.3). Then connect your phone to the computer and transfer the Mobipocket Ebook Reader and install it on your phone.

4. Now open the "Ebook Reader for PC" (which you installed on your computer). Now click the "Import" button and find your Ebook, and open it. It will automatically convert the book into a Mobipocket Reader file. Now you can read it on your computer.

5. Then click the "Reading Devices" button to the left side of the screen. Now plug your phone in to the computer and follow the onscreen steps to establish the link between your phone and the software. Then the Mobipocket Reader PC will recognize your phone.

6. Now you can select the Ebook from the "Ebooks" tab, right click on it and click send and select your phone.

7. Now unplug your phone and in your phone open the "Ebook Reader". Then in the library you can find the book you want.

You can create book marks, change the font and the size of the font and change many other things. Now you can read your favorite books even as you travel. There is no hassle with pages or light.

This is useful. Thanks. But it is always better to have a larger screen phone to read eBooks.
Also, some of the phones customize the files (in case of PDF's and other regular formats) to read the without using any conversion methods. That is again very helpful. Say for example, it is there in the iPhone, say you download some file storage application and once you move your PDF file, it is customized and can be read directly. Thanks to the big screen and accelerometer, it enhances the user experience.

Are there any free pdf viewers available for sony ericsson phones? I have a k800, it would really be handy if i could look at bus time tables in pdf format on the mobile, thanks.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Thanks buherath for the link, i can now read pdf's on the k800, excellent!

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

reader for samsung starEasy Way To Read Ebooks In Your Mobile

can I download a reader that allow me to read ebooks in my samsung star phone

-reply by vain_venus