xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tinoymalayil

How To Protect My Pendrive With Password?

I'm not sure if you can set a password for the entire drive, but I know you can put it on folders. In windows I would guess this would be in properties, but I'm not completely sure since I run a mac. On a mac you would set it in the get info menu.

Hey you should try the software provided by transcend for their own product.It generally let you access your pendrive in a specific way and also help you to protect the pendrive with password.Byetheway i am also having a transcend pendrive and they provide all sort of information just back of the cover.You should check it out better.

Use Folder Lock. Its a software in which you can out a password to any folder you like. Even if you take your pen drive to a computer where it has not got folder lock, you can open or lock that folder with the password. It can even encrypt data in folders and then put a password.

It is one of the most sophisticated tools to hide data from prying eyes.

Here is the site.

http://www.newsoftwares.net/folderlock/

I have a transcend 4gb pendrive.Can I able to set a pasword for it.Any utility is available to protect my pendrive?

There are many free softwares available for this purpose. All you need to do is search google for free such softwares. I am sure you will get one.

One such software.
http://www.magic2003.net/

I have a transcend 4gb pendrive.Can I able to set a pasword for it.Any utility is available to protect my pendrive?

There are several encryption tools. I use the Encryption and Decryption tools of Glary Utilities. But I have never used this function to set a password for pendrive. Maybe you can have a try. I think it is worth.
Edited by ZoeButton55 (see edit history)