xisto Community
TheDisturbedOne

Earning Mycents

Recently I have seen that it has slowly become harder and harder for me to earn mycents. As my post count goes up, does it become harder to earn mycents? Or is it the same rate all the way through. I looked for an answer for this before, but couldn't find one.

As per my observation, i think if you're writing small posts then yes they're earning less mycents. and if posts are made continuously then they're not contributing to mycents at all. i mean if you post in this topic and in minute or two you post in another thread then observe that how much it might contribute to mycent. my observation is : very low. again it is just my observation, it could be wrong too.

Credit System v3 does have an implementation in effect that tries to determine the quality or validity of your post, but i'm not sure how it works, so i can't say if that would be the reason why you get the feeling that it is becoming harder to earn myCENTs. But there are probably other factors that aren't being considered. But to mention a little Credit System history, back in the days of Credit System v2, the more posts one had the more was required from them in their posts. So some of the same logic from Credit System v2 could be included in v3.

In my view it's a tricky mod for IPB :PWhat I aim to do for most of or the majority of my posts is to make it as detailed and as easy to understand as possible. It is sometimes hard to do this, although if you want a quick boost just support the forum. Contribute to the community is the main aim, is it not? I don't really aim to spam, as this is not a good tactic and is not allowed. I just add to the community as much as I can, that seems to work for me. I now have a domain and I should have enough credits per month for the hosting [mine is the lowest, so its slightly easier B)] but yeh, contribute as much as you can and the goods will follow.

The reason why I was asking this was because I heard about how v2 worked and was wondering if it was the same in v3. In my honest opinion, I think that as you get more posts it should be slightly easier to earn hosting, but that may encourage spam. I always try to make my posts detailed, but sometimes only a simple one liner is needed.

I must agree with you on that one liner post. but just observe how v3 is working. Let's say you write one liner or two in forums. how much they're contributing to your mycents?the problem is we've very few discussion related topics. most of the topics are either not worth to post even though by posting you could earn mycent. but some topic like theology and advice related makes life on forum stale, as we discuss them every now and then. if we could come up with interesting topic, (depending on general interests than narrower one). we'll find ourselves in discussion without caring for mycent and in process we might earn it as well. but seriously we need some good topics for discussion than same old comparison and ranting threads.

I agree to mahesh. If you have some good topics out there, then it would be nice to talk and discuss. I once opened a thread about swine flu and it created lots of debate and I wasn't thinking at Mycents at all. Just enjoying the debate and trying to support my arguments.

hmm.. well im not counting my post count here.. just enjoying the conversations, asking for help and helping as well.. like the site says they want to become a part of our daily lives.. :P

I am guessing that the mycent program was initiated to make sure that only QUALITY posts earned though I am not what is the definition of "quality" in the author's books. I personally feel that the length of your post plays an important part, and I am guessing that one, two liners earn mycents but it is comparatively really less compared to good long posts. So my recommendation would be to reply to topics you are passionate about rather than posting because you must. Now I cannot tell you to forget MYcent and simply focus on the posting because I am sure that many websites life depends on how much the member earns but I can suggest that you go through the forums and find topics that you'd like to write about. You can even treat your account at trap like a mini blog to let out your feelings :lol:

It's funny that many people are having doubts like these and yet the creator of the credit system never answers them! :( Now it's a bare truth that the majority of the people here are bothered more about the myCENTs rather than on contributing quality posts to the forum. If the creator of the program came out and clarified how exactly the system works, then the people interested in posting mostly one-liners may get interested in posting more and those who are really into contributing quality posts to the forum will get to know how much quality they are really adding!

Hi kasperooney,

Xisto is not a simple forum is a post-for-hosting forum. That means that you receive a gift for your participation: the hosting. I actually have a Logic hosting plan here and I have to tell you that I?m suprised because the support is better that the paid hosting.

It?s truth the majority of people post because they want to obtain the hosting but I imagine that you are like them. I can lie you I love this forum for a lot of reasons:

1. This forum give me a hosting plan(I signed up in Xisto because i found the free hosting service offer).

2. The forum is in english(I live in a country where Spanish is the official language) and i can practice my english here.

3. The content is very interesting and the most of post are quality post.

I don?t understand if you are saying that you want to know who created the MyCents system of if you want that MyCents system be more stricted.

It would be good that a moderator or the admin answer in this topic.

Regards.

i think on the left part side of the screen if you looked closely there is more info about my cent and on some part of the forum there is also more info about mycent.the information had been posted enough on this site but people cant seem to find it.. :(

here's my two cents for earning mycents... i do believe that QUALITY is important. so what is quality? i believe that it has to do with the topic title and description. quality will have to relate to what the original poster was posting about. so how does this system determine quality and distinguish from non quality? by the key words that were placed by the original poster. that's the only way a system can distinguish quality in my opinion.

there were good points brought up though as well for earning mycents. if two posts were of the same quality and length....would you get less for the second post if it was posted right after the first? that can be a possibility if it's grouped in to one group when your posts get converted to mycents however long that takes(every 15 minutes or so???). if that can be true, then maybe the new credit system is taking something from the old in the sense that if you allow your mycents to build up without purhasing anything, there may be a decline in how much you get per post.

these things can easily be determined by someone who posts alot and is willing to write down all the data. it wouldn't be precise, but would give enough truth to what people are wondering.

but i do believe that quality is key here and my description of what quality is according to trap is a fair assumption.

the better the quality, the better the relevancy. the better the relevancy, the better the rankings for trap. the better the rankings for trap, the more ad views. the more ad views, the more income for trap.

so this is MY opinion on how earning mycents works.

notice, i have the topic title in the first two paragraphs that fit together nicely in what i am talking about. i also added "earning mycents" to the last two paragraphs. if i were to have left out those keywords, trap would have a harder time thinking it was a quality post....thus....earning less mycents. just a thought. hope this helps

Recently I have seen that it has slowly become harder and harder for me to earn mycents. As my post count goes up, does it become harder to earn mycents? Or is it the same rate all the way through. I looked for an answer for this before, but couldn't find one.