xisto Community
brandonjbegle

Best Laptop Brand Which one?

I totally agreed with Greg. NEVER buy DELL laptops especially XPS M1330. I bought this machine one year ago and unfortunately, after the warranty has expired, the screen turns into vertical, colourful lines. I am so devastated, because XPS is considerably expensive in Dell's product lines. I had also called its call centre, and same like Greg, an Indian person answer my call and suggest me to buy extended warranty before sending it back to Dell for inspection. It doesn't make sense at all! After calling normal computer shop, they also telling us that there's problem with XPS product. Dell shoud recall its XPS product!

I'm so frustrated and NEVER BUY DELL!

-reply by Iera

from my experience,

definitely you should go with dell only for 14" or larger. Smaller than 13.3" or something, the annoying all-the-time-running fan will get you. So poor thermal design. Because of that heat, your batteries will die much sooner.

-reply by dontgoneardellforsmall

For some reason and past experiance, I would not recommand Dell. I had dell latitude laptop, and it gave me night mares, frequent Blue screen (Ofcourse after warranty period, :)) and Display chip also needed to be replaced.

Currently using Lenovo from last 3 years, No problems so far other than heating issue. Though it's manageable. The battery life is very good till this time. I would surely recommand it.

Last but not least, I would say buy Apple notebook. If the new one is out of budget, get apple recertified laptop, I felt it's as good as new one.

Best Laptop BrandBest Laptop Brand

I've tried many laptops (not a Mac yet, but I can't seem to force myself to climb the apple tree).

I have had excellent experience with Toshiba laptops - I have a A60 that is about 7 years old and it still works. My A100 is still functioning great too, and it has been through hell (it was my workhorse in Afghanistan). It has survived power brown outs, surges, etc. And it still works like a charm.

Based on my extraordinarily bad experience with all things Sony, I would avoid them like the plague. Their customer service is second to none ... If you're measuring up from the bottom of the barrel.

-reply by Jamie

Yeah I would say Dell has probably the best value. It's amazing how cheap laptopsare now compared to what they were 5-10 years ago. I'm also looking into anew laptop. I'm a gamer so I really don't know what would be the best value.I know a lot about desktops but next to nothing about laptops. :)

About laptops, I 'm thinking of getting myself an Alienware laptop.I just feel like the performance and the money would be good, but a lot of people have told me to just build my own computer which is way cheaper and more efficient. But I have no knowledge in doing so.Dell computers are nice too, I myself am using a cheap 600 dollar laptop toshiba, and it's actually working out just fine.

my laptop is a neo but I am not satisfied with it and if you will ask me what is the best laptop brand for meI will answer MAC/Apple, yes because it is the developers laptop :D and I want to become a developer*Developer like movie editor, gfx artist, software, website designer and coder, because mac laptops has a lotand good specs and fast for me I dont know if you guys dont agree to me its ok :) for me it is the bestother laptops only have a ram capacity of 2GB and I think as I read in some laptop store theres a Mac with 8GB of ram and I was shocked because Im a noob in computers and I only knew that computers have only a ram of 4GB xDnoobish right?

my laptop is a neo but I am not satisfied with it and if you will ask me what is the best laptop brand for meI will answer MAC/Apple, yes because it is the developers laptop :D and I want to become a developer

*Developer like movie editor, gfx artist, software, website designer and coder, because mac laptops has a lot
and good specs and fast for me I dont know if you guys dont agree to me its ok :) for me it is the best
other laptops only have a ram capacity of 2GB and I think as I read in some laptop store theres a Mac with 8GB of ram
and I was shocked because Im a noob in computers and I only knew that computers have only a ram of 4GB xD
noobish right?

I actually have a mac, and I heard mac is easier, cause i'm trying to teach my dad how to use computers.. he started out with a mac. So if you're a 'noob' are you actually benefiting from using a mac?

in my opinion sony is the best don't look to the price (it's not compatable with the performance)just look to the performance and the temp hight after using the laptop for long time for that i can say try sony trade it's the best and choose the model as rich as you are $$$$$$$

well, I have a neo... Eventually it slows me down... I have a mac and its too complicated... But the design and the graphics were nice... I had an hp its quite ok compared to neo and the price with mac... But here in the philippines I think you have to think about what you want in a computer not the brand... Just like If you are more into graphics go for a laptop with NVIDIA or AMD specs... Its up to you! your are the only one who can ease up your searchin...

-reply by laptop searcher too

I'd personally pick HP laptops. Not as expensive as Mac or Sony but reliable. It's mainstream as you required and good models like the dv2 dm3t and dv6t are below USD 1000. I did have a Lenovo once. Lasted for a decade and still working. Just have to make sure it's always plugged in. It's a really old laptop but it's still a surprise that it lasted 10 years. Running on Windows 98 and I can still play Diablo 2 in it and some StarCraft. Recent crisis had me picked an MSI Wind 12 u230. A real cheapo (less than USD 500)but it gets the work done and that's the main requirement for me. I think it's not just about the laptop's brand, it's also about the model.

This is a really stupid question to ask, There really is no answer to the question some laptops are better than others at doing things. I mean what do you want to use it for gaming, Travel etc? because I mean gaming laptops will not be good for travel as there battery will be poor because of the high performance.

AT 1000 $ .....!ohk well at around this bugget i suggest u to buy :

Posted Image

Sony-VAIO VPCEB1AGG/BI

but if you or any one else wanna buy a best of ever lappy....for gamin or ne other purpose !!

alien ware is the best !! stating frm around 1800$ ...these lappys are as gud as pc which you can easily carry without any worry of battery !!

as they are best in all aspects !!!!

if you wanna have a look at em !! :

http://www.alienware.com/Landings/laptops.aspx !!

keep gamin !!

Apple ones are the best but it is not simple to afford them... They have very good OS and hardware specially if you want everything simple and fast.Also Sony is a good brand with many laptops and quality. I think Sony is the best solution for <1000$