xisto Community
adriantc

Are You For Or Against Cloning? what would be your reason?

...But i am not at all willing to accept the cloning of humans! No one would want another of themself walking arond, living the person's life. And what if the clone is stronger than the human and decides to overtake him, live his life, then what will be the use of such clones?!

I strongly disagree, I'd love to clone myself :) Becasue I know how I would feel like if I were a clone. Having a clone would be the coolest thing for me and my clone becasue he's a copy of me, he would think same. By the way, to ensure equalty i wouldnt let doctors to tell which one of us is original :) :)

Anyway, Im not qualify to talk about real cloning, the above talk was sci-fi

I'm... not really supportive of human cloning, no matter how supportive I am of animal cloning, but I don't oppose it either. If the experiments are unsuccessful and someone dies, it's not really anyone's fault but the person who volunteered, because they volunteered. Experiments being unsuccessful are going to be one thing, but if the subjects were properly warned before the experiment (if they weren't I'd be picketing to shut down that facility) then they should have no reasonable warranty of their life. I don't think many people would volunteer for these things anyway.

But animal cloning is to, well, animals. Sure, quote animal rights activists all you want, but we already kill animals for meat, on purpose. It's what we do. Killing off a few by accident as a result of a few failed experiments that wouldn't cause them that much pain anyway doesn't really trump that... I mean, be vegan all you want. It won't change the general opinion. (Well, if enough people do it, then it might...)

There are different types of cloning. see http://web.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_Genome/redirect.shtml for more info. I think cloning is incredible, and the people in charge do not fully understand it enough to make informed decisions about cloning and stem cell research. Cloning can save lives as could stem cells, and hardly any of the western world will permit the research to find out.

To my understanding Stem Cell research and cloning can lead to curing for degenerative diseases, cloning could some day lead to the end of organ donor. If you're in a horrible car accident and your kidney is badly damaged one could be cloned from your dna and then transplanted.

I believe that the government should not make decisions and pass laws on things they do not fully understand. I am for cloning because it can and (if it is permitted to) lead to discoveries and cures to many terminal illnesses. And as always it would be at the patient's discretion weather to use it or not.

That's my opinion anyway

thank you, I'll read that page carefully

Probably leaning towards against cloning Humans (i'm not that religious, but some people suggest that humans shouldnt be playing 'god'), but have to sit on the fence in regard to cloning animals and so forth. However, if positives do come out like helping sickness, or finding a cure for a disease that is hard to break, then i'm all for it.

I like cloningAre You For Or Against Cloning?

Well, I think all advantages in science are always good. Just like Nuclear at first it used as weapon of mass destruction, but now it also provide abundant amount of energy for us.

I think cloning can do the same. It can provide a lot of high quality food supply for us (cow, chicken, etc) It can also make plant grow faster so we can have more food at the same time. Can you Imagine that! NO MORE HUNGRY PEOPLE! 

Of course it might have some side effect but it still a very advance technology to overcome hunger. 

About the human cloning, it still have lots of trouble, but might save live. For example people who have kidney problem can grow a new kidney in the clone body, but still might be danger cause someone might start a human organ farm.

Despite all the negative things about that, sometime I think to clone my self cause I want to have a twin brother.

-reply by Yehudha Artha