xisto Community
adriantc

Are You For Or Against Cloning? what would be your reason?

I think cloning has many advantages. But I dont think we need it. Although is it possible to cure diseases such as cancer? If cloning allows to do research and potentially save millions of lives, I would be for cloning. But for research do we need thousands of clones? I don't think so. I think if it was a legal thing, companies would buy or create clones for work, and that would be cruelty.

no i love cloaning infact if there was another one of me the world would be a better place! lol! na really i like cloaning ( ph34r.gif aka sneaking around gods back)

Wow you're really clueless aren't you. It's pretty much guaranteed that cloning will have adverse effects that nobody would have predicted, and then when it happens, people will start saying "oh it was so obvious." Just look back in history, changes of similar magnitude do just what I said, and history repeats itself. And I'm not the one to say what those effects will be.

Although is it possible to cure diseases such as cancer? If cloning allows to do research and potentially save millions of lives, I would be for cloning.

Nah, they'll just find a way to babysit your disease, not cure it. If they cured it, where would the money come from? Edited by dre (see edit history)

Agree with chiclete. Anyway, if it will for organs only, not anyone cann buy it. But clonning is a Perspective science branch and it will Develop anyway

I just dont know how to answer this one. I think i am mostly against cloning, but i can see te pros to cloning. But i think i see more negative then I do good. For one I think it is not natural. And I agree with wha someone said up there what if cloning humans became easy and like he/she said they could have a hair of yours and you would not even know. See I think that is very unnatural, but again I am just one person and everyone has there own opinions. I just think living and dying is a part of life, I wouldnt want to be cloned or have my animal cloned.

Hey Guys,Cloning is seems to be an issue much talked about even on forums it seems. Okay this is what I know about cloning :-1. Human cloning has been debated by the goverment of Australia, USA and UK(I am not sure about other countries) and they legislated that it is illegal to attempt or carry out any experiments to this nature.2. Animal cloning is not illegal since cloning an animal is the same or similar sort of cruelty to lopping a cows head off to make beef out of or hacking a chickens head off to make roast chicken or catching and ripping off a turkeys head to cook for christmas .3. I am not against cloning of any kind since I don't know an abundant amount of information about it but now that I put more thought into it I am more of 50/50 position because if its human cloning it could cause some serious problems since cloning could be used for military, terrorism, captilism and other malignant use.AND..... thats about all I know and feel about this issue or matter.

Most of the issues relating to cloning are that of Religious moral values. I myself practiced Buddhism, and while I'm taught to respect all other religions, I don't believe in most of the caliphates. It's immoral to Religious groups because they see it as taking over the role of God. I don't accept a one God however, so these limitations are not bound to me.However, you don't HAVE to be religious in order for cloning to be a question of moral. There are very many possible repercussions if full human cloning were possible. Some are these are good, such as being able to grow organs and have efficient research subjects for the cause of medicine. I don't think cloning full humans should be done to do this, I believe that if technology were present to grow organs independently of any human, then that would be an acceptable method. Otherwise it's just the same as how they raise baby cows for veal, which is very cruel and inhumane in my opinion.The bad part for me would be that you would be extremely vulnerable to identity theft. I know this sounds far fetched, but would be very much possible is full human cloning were possible. I don't know what kind of person would go through the trouble, but in a world as messed up as ours, there's bound to be someone who would do it. It's a very complicated situation, which makes it very hard for me to pick a position. I have not come to a final conclusion about how I feel about cloning, but my above statements are what matter to me at present. Perhaps later I will drop in after I have come to my conclusion and explain why I have come to it.

I'll go for cloning if will be for the beneficial and for the good of each and everybody. I'll go for cloning if it has good effects that could be a contribution to the whole wide world. But I wont go for cloning if it will be used to impersonate another things that should be really original and such other things that are bad and harmful.

Pro Cloning

Are You For Or Against Cloning?

[Replying to adriantc,6478,4528 Well, I too am for cloning. We could save the many animal species that are endangered. Such as the Cheetah. Cloning could loosen the genetic bottleneck that they have been facing since the last ice age. Also, you could get a new leg, or organ. We could use less animals for lab tests as you said , but in every way, I will be against human cloning. If your loved one died, the clone would have a different personality than the family member, also, changing your genes would make us perfect, although I am alright if they can make us swim better or breathe water and fly. I think that everyone would like to fly, but what would we have to give up in return? Mabye we have to cancel genes to get new ones. Only time will tell.

-reply by Colleen Smith

Why be against it ? Think about it there is always going to be a copy of your body that is well maintained and is in perfect condition so if you get sick and need to replace any part of your body it could be done easily.

I know not much about cloning. But I think I agree for animal cloning because it may help preserve endangered species, but NO WAY for HUMAN cloning! Human cloning can bring many negative effect. (Jeez, heard that we can make a cold blooded killer by using some DNA/gen, Correct me if the info is wrong!)

There are different types of cloning. see http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ for more info.

I think cloning is incredible, and the people in charge do not fully understand it enough to make informed decisions about cloning and stem cell research. Cloning can save lives as could stem cells, and hardly any of the western world will permit the research to find out.

To my understanding Stem Cell research and cloning can lead to curing for degenerative diseases, cloning could some day lead to the end of organ donor. If you're in a horrible car accident and your kidney is badly damaged one could be cloned from your dna and then transplanted.

I believe that the government should not make decisions and pass laws on things they do not fully understand. I am for cloning because it can and (if it is permitted to) lead to discoveries and cures to many terminal illnesses. And as always it would be at the patient's discretion weather to use it or not.

That's my opinion anyway

Edited by saitunes (see edit history)

It is very important to understand the subject matter and realize all the variables and possibilites, when voicing your opinion about a given topic. I, for one, dont have the exact or precise technical know-how about cloning (complex organisms, that is) but to some extent I know it is very benificial to mankind. There are various types of cloning, cloning of plants, cloning of animals and even cloning of human organs.In my opinion cloning of animal and plants is of great importance as it provides with the best traits of these organisms and in this fast moving era we cannot risk unproductivity. But i am not at all willing to accept the cloning of humans! No one would want another of themself walking arond, living the person's life. And what if the clone is stronger than the human and decides to overtake him, live his life, then what will be the use of such clones?!

Tough question. I think that I agree with cloning to some degree. Obviously I don't think that cloning should be used to create humans. But if we could use cloning to cure a disease or cancer, I think that we should. Banning any scientific research on species cloning is moronic. We learn things by doing and experimenting. Scientific discoveries are some of the most important things we have as a people. However, if extensive cloning is to be conducted for scientific research in the future, it should be strictly monitored by some independent agency that citizens would be able to know whats going on. Trying to wrap your mind around the ethics of cloning is so complicated that I cant even begin to know where to start.

Against...Lets not thing of what will happen if the clone is successful.Think of how many human subjects will die through the experiment before cloning can be succesfull.Just my 2cents. :D