xisto Community
adriantc

Are You For Or Against Cloning? what would be your reason?

im against cloning .. i think that it's kinda weird.. it's like making something that shouldnt be made ... why would the scientist clone something .. basically if u clone a man .. the cloned one wouldnt be the same as the one being cloned... atleast their thinking

I wouldn't mind cloning if it was used to save lives. In extreamly cases such as a extreamly rare blood type you could clone the person with blood loss and another blood type to generate some more X type blood. I don't know if it will work. Just a loose example.If cloning were to get into the hands of evil (Zurg... Mr. Burns) they would use it to create decoys of themselfs and people like Mr. Burns could go into hiding. However he also has 30 clones in hiding. As he loses one clone, he created another. This is just another loose example... with cartoon people.

Wired Cloning examples. Imaging the pressure a kid would face if he was told he was Albert Einstein?s clone. Imagine how much a kid would get beat up if he was hitters clone? Some kids (not me) have trouble living up to their parents expectations. Imagine if you were expected to become someone famous just because you had the same Jeans. On the other side of the cloning, if the kid didn?t live up to it the parents could not blame genetics. Who would they blame. Themselves, the neighbors kids. Or would the respect that the clone is a unique individual free to make his/her own choices in life. Remember if identical twins are not identical.

I am against human and animal cloning because of the soul/spirit thing. Would a manmade 'human' have a mind, soul, concience? Or would it be just like an animal? And the first 'experimental' clones could turn out unimaginably wrong too. (The first few would almost definitely turn out somewhat wrong.)And what Xedos is talking about (if it ever became possible) is incredibly inhumane. Can you imagine being told you were created only to be killed for your organs? Or a future where there are 'factories' filled with clones in stasis ready to be harvested for organs? There are tons of science fiction stories about it, and how it goes horribly wrong. Better and safer to simply clone the organ alone. (organ/tissue/blood cloning, I will support if it doesn't have side-effects) And if you used the same person's DNA, you might even make the chance of rejection non-existent.

well that is the reason why scientists are tryig to find ways to clone organs with out having to clone a whole human because that would be alot more costly... well i dont think the soul/spirit really would matter i mean they would have been cloned and will be incubated almost as every other human it would just be artificial, so im guessing the 'quality' if i may speak so crudley would be decreased from a person born naturally. cloning is a big issue but cloning an organ i would have to approve with because many ppl need it but where does the line end thats another question.

Cloning is invented for the better good for mankind. Just like many other inventions like nuclear power was invented for creating large mounts of energy to use for propulsion, household and so on but I'm seriously affraid that many governments will use it for their destructive purposes.

Cloning means a cheap army of expendible humans to blend to their needs if a war breaks out.

I hope that it will not come this far and that people only will use it to fight hunger and deseases, cuz they will use it no matter what we say

Peace

I'm agains the cloning people because I can't imagine that some day on this world be another me (bad copy), but cloning organs can help this nation, if the cloning people continous soon we can expect war because american govermant will make huge army.......

The one main thing I see wrong with species cloning, specifically human cloning, is what is the answer to a quality of life issue? When a person is cloned, are they a human being with all the rights and priviledges therein contained? or are they simply biological matter to be used as seen fit? I think that, at least where human cloning is concerned, there's a big ethics issue right at the heart of the whole thing from where you get the stem cells to clone to what you do with them once they are cloned. As to animals, yes, I think it might be a good thing, but, as some have already mentioned, it can also be a double edged sword in the wrong hands.

Cloning animals isn't good, because they have a concious(!) as well as human beings. Cloning organs is ok, I think it will benefit people when there are donor organs, but without it coming from animals or dead humans.When the subject has a concious(!) or somekind of emotion/awareness I think it's really unethical to just use it for own purposes.As for cloning humans ;) omg, I really don't like the idea about the cloning-technology falling into the wrong hands, esspecially the ministery of Defence people's hands...Peace(sorry for my porr English :P )

Are you for or against cloning?

I will start by telling you that I am for cloning. Why? It can save many human lives, bring back extinct species and maybe put an end to many of mankind's problems (see world hunger). Of course it can create many more, some of them could seem SF.

Well I see cloning like the nuclear bomb. At first it could and it will probably be an weapon (see hiroshima and nagasaki ... off-topic: two months ago, before the american elections someone intervied a lady in Ney York and they asked her why she will vote for Bush. She sad "because it is good to know he can drop the nuclear bomb again to protect america". Well that kind of thinking seems very, very, very stupid to my but i am not an american citizen so... ) but if that won't wipe us out from the surface of the earth cloning will be the future. Remember that we where near (30 min near) full nuclear war in the '60. But we lived and now the nuclear bomb is still a threat but it's the same technology that gives us energy and maybe one day take us to the stars.

So I ask you once again are you for or are you against cloning?

I have one more question for you...

It has been a documentary on Discovery Channel regarding the cloning of the tasmanian tiger (for the ones who haven't seen it you should see it). Did they do any more progress other then what thay showed on TV?

45280[/snapback]

it depends. if the intentions are good then why not. but if it's somewhat evil, then it should be trashed. and definitely against human and dinosaur cloning. ;)

I'm against it because what is going to happen when that child growns up? The parents are going to have to tell the kid that he/she was cloned and that kid would be really freaked out. I wouldn't want my mom to come over to me right now and say "You have been cloned". That would be freaky....

I'm definitely against cloning...People are made to live for a certain time and then die...If we start cloning people we'll disrupt the natural balance of life...Yes there can be ups like cloning another einstein or Martin Luther King Jr....But image if cloning abilities fall into someone bad hands..We would get another Hitler like poletnik said..Or Napoleon, or Genghis Khan...We already have Bush Jr. in office do we need worse?

Cloning animals, i'm all for it. But cloning humans, totaly against it. Cloning some animals could ahve some advantages. Like for example, instead of killing thousands of cows for food, we could just clone the same ones over and over and over again, which would probaly put an end to such things like world hunger.Cloning could also have some scientific data. For example, if we were to create a clone using dinosaur DNA, scientists would be able to study dinosaurs a lot better than they can now, and it would give the hollywood guys something new to play with.Just my two cents ;)

In my opinion cloning humans for organs would be a good thing but I know that if people start cloning there will be a lot of rich who will want to have "perfect" children... and it screw up with everything, unless it's a "perfect" girl ;)... just kidding... but what a coinscidence... today I was reading a magazine and there was a report (not sure if I can use this word for it) about cloning and there are only two scientists who can clone did you know it? One has a time since he can clone but the other one has just gotten his permission, I guess 1 month or less!