xisto Community
-Sky-

This Is Really Starting To Annoy Me Now...

This is really starting to

piss

me off now... Ash-Bash (ever since) he joined has spammed this forum. I see his name everywhere on the damn forum in every forum/subforum. What the hell is his problem? Spamming for bloody MyCENTs is not good. He should get (probably) banned for spamming and cussing at Staff on his other account. Ash-Bash is his second account on Xisto. Yes, SECOND.

His Duplicate account is HERE. On that one, he cussed at staff, and totally was spamming the shoutbox with ITneed links. He should be banned right now. I mean...look at this.. :D

347 posts (15.03 per day)

15.03 posts PER DAY. Five posts every and each HOUR. He's totally spammed for his mycents and domain hosting.
I know I shouldn't judge members on who should be warned or banned but this is really annoying for me to see his damn name spammed everywhere. And the worse thing is...his posts are not even QUALITY. They are like 3 to 4 lines witch are spaced down to make his post look quality and big.

Screenshot of something in attachment.

Please do something about this.. :D

post-67096-1235759754_thumb.png

So just because I am posting every hour on here I need to be banned? There is nothing wrong with posting... and it just because you are obviously jealous, Buck your idea's up I just want to be involved :D.

I see his name everywhere as well, and I agree with you, this is quite ridiculous! There is a fine line between being active and participating, and completely being obnoxious and breaking rules. He has way crossed this line. If you reply to everything thats fine, but not if you have nothing useful to say. I pick my posts carefully. I prefer quality over quantity in ANY area of my life, including forum activity. I think he should get a firm warning before being banned, but if the bahavior continues, I think he should definitely be banned, along with his other account. You just dont cuss at people on forums its wrong, especiall if they are the admins. tsk tsk tsk... Thank you VERY much for pointing all of this out.

As I know, he is already warned and he couldn't get hosting or his domain because of that warning. I agree that sometimes he does not know what he is talking about, he posts just to post something, like some random sentence generator from above posts and topic title. :D

Quatrux if you look I have now stopped doing that after my warning the only time I really post one liners is in the Make money online section as it really doesn't need much of a post... But now I am trying to make sure I post at least 2 lines, But I don't see how post in most of the forums is breaking the rules as long as its not breaking like 1 liners and bad language ect...

Ash, trying to find loopholes in the rules doesn't do you any benefit. It's not matter of how many lines/charecters you write per post, but do you post anything new, perhaps provide a different point of view, or a simple fact. It's a matter about quality, I'm not saying you can't be active on the forums but when I see your posts I notice you give no new information or point of view and just copy the same stuff other people have said earlier, therefor I my judgement says that many of your posts are useless.

Sky, try to calm down, you can just easily skip ash's posts if you want to.

Ash, I don't think you make a lot of mycents with the spamming you do nowadays. For example, I don't post on every topic possible, I just find a topic which I like and then make a long loooong post and earn 3 bucks per post. Alot of charecters, good quality and informative posts, that is the main goal when I do posts. I mean, look at this post, I know this one isn't so long but still, I'm gonna earn at least 1$ for this.
I also went to your profile page and looked up your latest 5 posts. I'll quote them here:

Well vista is crappy one it comes to gaming mostly the display drivers make it fail, Also when it comes to vista speed is not the best unless you have 3gb or more! I found XP works very well on new and OLD laptops I have a laptop now and its about 4 years old and runs XP on there it runs so FAST!!!

$500 before they send you anything! By the time they will have moved! Thats kind of stupid and will take you over a year to get $500 doesn't look like there is much point to signing up to this "Make money online" company.

Wow very nice man 5/5! This is great I can't really think of any suggestions! Maybe just make it HD!

Woooowww nice I have just put this one mine and the in the hydra it is just so good! You can see every thing!! I think it will work on SAMP (Correct me if I am wrong) That Sky picture is awesome in the post too :D .

Quatrux if you look I have now stopped doing that after my warning the only time I really post one liners is in the Make money online section as it really doesn't need much of a post... But now I am trying to make sure I post at least 2 lines, But I don't see how post in most of the forums is breaking the rules as long as its not breaking like 1 liners and bad language ect...

I don't really think you've "now stopped" like you said above, just because it's not a one-liner doesn't mean it's not useless does it?
You should consentrate on the quality of your posts, not the amount. I mean look at them above, you possibly don't think they are quality posts do you? And 2 lines isn't even close to enough if you ask me, except if it's containing a significant amount of information.

But seriously Ash, you need to take it easy on your posting. It's like your doing a rampage or something. :D I'm not being horrible or anything but, geez. Calm your *bottom* down with your posting, you will set your keyboard on fire soon enough! :D

Honestly guys, I see nothing wrong with him posting. If he wants to post as much as he can, then by all means he should be allowed to do so. I think it should be up to the Xisto moderation staff to decide whether or not his posts are spam or not.

Honestly guys, I see nothing wrong with him posting. If he wants to post as much as he can, then by all means he should be allowed to do so. I think it should be up to the Xisto moderation staff to decide whether or not his posts are spam or not.

I agree with thee, I don't know, are you guys jealous?
I have to admit, I have been here two to three years and Ash posts a lot more often than anybody else, even Saint Michael, but it doesn't automatically mean he is a spammer. I agree with some people that your posts need to be better quality, and offer more of an opinion, but as long as the moderators are fine with it, then you guys complaining won't really do much.

An aspect of this Forum which has been lightly mentioned is the 'self-policing' which occurs here by the Members themselves voicing their opinions. This thread is an example, but a still better method is to use the Report button on Posts which YOU think are spamming posts. The Moderation team does not go scouring the Forum looking for bad guys to issue warnings to or Ban. We aren't that type of people. the Moderation Team has been selected based on their ability to deal with situations in a cool, level-headed manner. The Community as a whole has a responsibility to keep the Forum in shape, too.Having said that, yes, Ash has been noticed and although not exactly Spam by definition, many of their posts are 'light-weight' for sure, and it would be good to have them improve their posting. No doubt. On the other hand, some of our best members started out that way and the Moderation Team has been able to swing them around and shaped their direction by verbal or PM warnings only. Such is the case here. As you might also notice, the member's posting IS improving, but still has a ways to go. They are working on it, so let's be patient to see what will become of it.I should also mention that there are others around (no names, please) who might step back and review their posts to make sure they are leading by example. This Community is member-policed and will only get better by the membership maintaining the standards in place.

I agree with thee, I don't know, are you guys jealous? I have to admit, I have been here two to three years and Ash posts a lot more often than anybody else, even Saint Michael, but it doesn't automatically mean he is a spammer. I agree with some people that your posts need to be better quality, and offer more of an opinion, but as long as the moderators are fine with it, then you guys complaining won't really do much.

Agreed. As long as he isn't posting complete Nonsense like "w895082393492fhajsdhfsdfhkadsjfhsdfjh9" Then I don't get why it would matter whatsoever. A lot of his posts equal the posts of others, the only difference is he has been posting a lot more then them.

Though Ash, Mycent is credited per character and not per posts, so it might be in your best interest to post bigger posts, then post a lot of them. That way you'd not only get more Mycent, people wouldn't complain the way they have just now :D

I think that Ash is generally a good member, follows the rules, tries to be helpful and is active in the most parts of the forum, he might sometimes post a one-liner or two, but I can't see that he's spamming as bad as you describe. As jlhaslip said, he needs to make an improvement in his posts, but his posts aren't that low either. He just needs to remember that quality > quantity a rule that he doesn't seem to follow sometimes, as you can see by the sign-up date (611 posts / 4th February 2009 == 8.6 posts by day)

I also sometimes write replies and the 'Latest Replies' section gets bogged down with posts by me, but I haven't seen someone to complain about my topics/posts. Or they are helpful, huh? B) B)

Also, he can't be compared with SM. Hez da inifinite rula' of da spammers! B) hehe :P

Edited by miladinoski (see edit history)

I actually JUST addressed this sort of thing in another thread within The Vent... Ash-Bash isn't the only person on Xisto that's "spamming" (or should I term it frequently-posting?). It's actually why I even posted it in the first place.

Policing the forums only involves spam patrol and reporting other rule violations... I don't see where you can report a post as being irrelevant, since in a number of threads I've read have a violating post followed by reminders on quality posting. Quality posting is ENCOURAGED on Xisto, but I don't think it's a requirement, which kind of kills off a sort of mandate on quality posting...

I can understand that some people who first join Xisto misunderstand or just don't understand the point of Xisto, myCents, or even foruming in general, but if you've been here a while, there really isn't much of an excuse to still be posting poor contributions to the forum. See my vent thread above... I don't really want to repeat myself here. (Plus, 1 point for shameless self-advertisement!) :P