xisto Community
Judman

Firefox Or Internet Explorer that is the question...

Oh, it's STILL so much fun to bash internet explorer. I have to say that some web pages work better in IE than other browsers, and it's less likely to crash or hang than FF, but at least FF users don't have to deal with this latest flavor of remote code execution!!

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/30380-latest-ie-exploit-does-anyone-still-use-this-browser/

While I was working tonight I saw a book called "Don't Click That Blue E", or something like that (I can't exactly remember the exact title). Anyway, it's all about how Firefox, in the author's opinion, is better than Internet Explorer. I think it's mostly on security features, but I would suggest it to those who choose Firefox, mainly as it would definitely increase your knowledge as to why you like Firefox better. All you IE people could always read it too, if you're up for a little change.

You guys are all jealous of Bill Gates so you move to Firefox!

I just love posts like these! They're really good pick-me-ups. =^^=

opera has amazing features like Dynamic Notes, Powerful Bookmark Manager, Inbuilt IRC and Chat Client Shell, Inbuilt Pop3 retreival System, Session Saving Mechanism, Powerful Tabbed browsing and has got a SECURE SHELL. The download Management system in opera is far better than Mozilla.

All nice features, I'll grant you, but not unique. I've just recently tried Opera 8 just to see if they've made any improvements since the last time I used their browser and I'm glad to see that they've gotten rid of the ads that used to come with their free browser. I don't deny that Opera is a really nifty browser, but so is Netscape 8. I like both, but without the virtually unlimited expandability that extensions give Firefox, I'm afraid both Opera and NS8 won't be my browser of choice. For that same reason, the upcoming IE7 doesn't appeal to me (and that's not even taking into account the numerous restriction Microsoft's putting on its use).
Still, like I said before, it all comes down to preference. There's no such thing as the perfect browser, which is why I still keep alternative browsers on my system. I've no objection to using Opera or Netscape (or even IE *shudder*) for simple browsing. =^^=

On the topic of web browsers, Wikipedia has an article comparing the different web browsers available, from the popular to the relatively unknown. I've found it to be an intriguing and useful article as it compares the release history, operating system support, browser features, accessibility features, web technology support, protocol support, image format support, internationalization, and vulnerabilities of more than 20 web browsers. It is interesting to note that based on the article, Mozilla Firefox has the widest web technology support. =^^=

I have both Firefox and IE in my PC and I've been using both for the past few months. Some sites just looks better with IE. In short here is the pros and cons for both browser IMHO:-IE--Pros- Easy to use, computer beginners will go for this- Browser starts up faster than Firefox- Some sites looks nicer with IE- More flexible vulnerabilities patchesCons- No tabbed browsing- Popup blocker only for SP2 version- Renders pages slower- Plugins can get cumbersome sometimesFirefox--------Pros- Tabbed browsing, no doubt- Renders pages extremely fast- Intergrated Google search- Skinnable- Cool "Find" feature- Tons of plugins to enhance Firefox, easy to install tooCons- Loads slightly slower than IE- Sometimes display certain pages can be "off"- Vulnerabilities patch releases not as prompt as IE- Could be slow on slower older computers, resource taxingMy conclusion is both browser has it attaraction and weakness. But Firefox can be "tweaked" to your own taste. Enjoy.FYI - MS Vista (Codenamed: Longhorn) will be releasing IE 7 which supports tabbed browsing & enchanced popup blocker. Looking forward to it.

It's true that every browser has it's pros and cons. But I personally would prefer firefox over the other browsers. Although it starts up slightly slower than the other browsers, but it supports tabbed browsing, one of the things i used the most. And another thing that i like about firefox is that it supports skins. Cool browser with cool skins. B)

The reason why IE has the most virus and browser jacks is because it is the most used. If firefox continues to grow, other adware companies may target their ads and toolbars to firefox. This also goes for OS wars, not just browser wars. Most virii are made for windows and not macs because there are more users using windows. Linux is community fixed, so soon after there is an exploit for linux, people quickly work and patch it.The whole meaning of this? The browser is more secure when it is less mainstream. New IE may be good when it's out of beta, and it also supports tabs, so tab browsing users may switch.

Well I am in IE Person. However I also have firefox. For some reason FireFox seems to load pages faster on my Computer then what IE does. Its only a couple of second diffference. But it is still noticeable.So even though FF is a little faster, I still use IE cause I do like it better. But that is just my opinon.

Opera is the best because it is the fastest and is the sleekest. But it comes down to what you prefer and what you think you would do best for yourself. The best browser is purely based on speed, reliablity and looks.

I would rather prefer Firefox. Maybe the new Internet Explorer 7 can beat it but not now. It has to get better. I have tried both and so far still like Firefox more. To me those two are the only things i wuold compare. All the other stuff are just useless to compare. Like Opera that is nothing. I think that is not popular and only tihngs that are popular are worth talking about. :)

I love Firefox because of its pop-up blocker and you don't get viruses from it (usually), unlike Internet Explorer. Also, I like the way you can skin Firefox with different themes :)

I love Firefox because of its pop-up blocker

Internet explorer has a pop up blockers. Every browser has one. As for the viruses it is usually <- snipped -> ads or something that downloads them into your system without you knowing.}

Just use what feels best for you.Some like Firefox while others prefure to use IE or other native browsers like Opera (or mac side Safari which is btw based on the linux browser konqueror).What ever you like to use aslong as it does what you want and feels right for you thats oke. But just try some other browsers before you zay that yours is the max, since there is more between the internet heaven and earth :PFor myself I like to use firefox since I really am into the tab-browsing thing and the good css support (transparant png files enyone :) )