xisto Community
Judman

Firefox Or Internet Explorer that is the question...

well lets see here.......for one firefox is way faster beat IE so bad but thats jsut my opion what do u guys think well IE also can be hacked very ez but then again thats just my opion cuz IE has no protect at all but u can egt protechion am i right or wrong well idk and i think u guys should get firefox its the best

Firefox does have great features, and ive seen most of itbut since i started with IE, ive been used it much and im having a hard time switching browsers. i use Firefox at times when i need to view somethings that might not run of IE and vice versa~

I see as firefox as my main choice but its really up to you on what you choose:

Firefox is an open-source (Wired mag) Internet browser, thought up by a 18 year old (completed when 19) after many frustrations with Internet explorer. It has a built in pop up blocker that has never once fail me, and is 100% skinnable. It includes TABS, which is a fature that lets you see more than one page in one window. Because of its new scent, noone has bagan to look for a way to deliver viruses thrrough the browser. It has promoted its service by Spreadfirefox.com, which gives of webbanners and free blongs (i think) to spread the word of its arrival. It just recently made the cover of Wired.

I think you all know about INternet explorers life enough so i wont go there.

Happy descisions,

Judson

45168[/snapback]

I must say i truely would never use anything besides firefox.... There is nothing that comes close to it... That browser has many things that i love about it... i love the tab browsing the way it looks... really smooth and clean.. really nice nothing to really say about IE it's a monopoly and it's the only reason that computers have it and it not as sacure as firefox IE it's been around for a while but it's been around long enough that anyone know how to hack into it much easier then anything else.....

i like firefox the most and i have tried them all. but for some reason ie is faster when i use gmail. i have no idea why but firefox takes ages and the pages don't load. i also don't like the way firefox handles downloads as there isn't a dialog box like in ie. but firefox is better i think as pages render very quickly and it has cool skins. the only other browser which is as good as firefox is opera. It can display wml pages which is useful for me because i own a wml site. (wml is like html but for mobile phone browsers) but unfortunatley opera is not free and it gives you a banner ad at the top until you pay so firefox wins. And i hope that all the good browsers aren't very popular- then people will make viruses. I don't mind who else has firefox or if nobody does.... just as long as i have it then i dont mind :D even if my signature shows otherwise :D

45358[/snapback]

This can be a hard decision to make. Firefox is good for customizing and for speed if you open the about:config in the url. Although, Internet Explorer, will display somethings that Firefox will not display. For an example, if you have a code the flips the page horizontally, then Firefox will not allow you to scroll through the page left and right. If you open the same website in Internet Explorer, it works perfecty. B) If I had to make the decision, I would stay with Internet Explorer. :D

Firefox all the way, but not because of it's extentions, themes, and open source code. Because those are all implementations that I don't use. lol. I use the tabbing, pop-up blocking, and everything else for a non-computer programmer...  Mainly just the features that are normal. But firefox is still the best. No doubt.

45182[/snapback]

Firefox's is good. The built in pop-up blocker has never let me down. You can customize it anyway you want. I even edited most of the coding. Now im really mad at Microsoft for coppyeng the tabbed browser idea from mozilla. Well i don't know if they coppied it as Maxthon browser had it too, even before FF i think. But IE7 is really bad. The google search is next to the tabs,etc. I really hate it :D. So if you want a good browser, firefox is the way to go. Even though i like to use Mozilla more :D

Well lets see here.............Firefox owns all and IE sucks so much but thats just my opion so what do u guys think well i think everyone here sould get firefox cuz IE sucks IE can be easly be hacked and thats y firefox is so much better then IE has so many virus and popup and *BLEEP* but thats just my opion :D

First off, Internet Explorer has major security and spyware issues, also it has a lack of sensible features. It has no tabbing feature which is one of my favorite things in FireFox. Also Internet Explorer has a lack of a good pop-up blocker, FireFox's pop-up blocker is very good, and works all of the time. Internet Explorer has many plugins to give it features from FireFox, but most of them don't work, and I believe them to be spyware or adware.So overall FireFox beats Internet Explorer by a long-shot. Because it is much more secure, and has much better features.

Hands down Firefox always wins this battle.. lolIE is just flawed, and gives me bad thoughts from the beginning.. back at 5.5 I gave up and moved to opera, then gave up on it, when Firefox became big. Now I use the dynamic duo of Thunderbird and Firefox (instead of the lame Internet Explorer, and Outlook Express)Panda.

Pfffft....last time i checked firefox dosent have all the plugins on it already, and IE DOES. And you have to download FF, IE comes on most os's. Besides why does it matter what browser you use? they are all the almost the same.

Firefox all the way for me. These days, FireFox is like the only browser I can stand.I like the tabs, flashblocker, popups blocker, and its sleek and compact design.It is much smaller than internet explorer and more stable too.Honestly, I don't know why people can stand internet explorer. Oh yeah, i know one reason why. They haven't try FireFox yet.I mean, just think about this for a moment. If Firefox comes with windows sofware, How many people will actually go to a search engine and look up for different browsers, like internet explorer? Very few, very few i believe

I love love love, firefox. I use it all the time, and can't imagine to going back to microsuck's internet explorer. Firefox blocks out most of the pop up's automatically, prevents websites from running harmful scripts, etc. It's a fast browser, and like others have said before, highly customizable. I love that it's free and comes with useful and free extensions. One of my favorities, is that I can delete any object on the page, so like if there is an annoying ad, I can just block it. I love firefox. Right now my theme is firecat in pale pink, cause I'm a girly girl -_-

Nope FirFox can go suck my..........Internet Explorer is the way to go...i mean Ive only tried FirFox once and i didnt like it, I guess maybe because Im so used to the way Internet exploroer looks, i didnt like the change in the way the browser was different. Im gunna stick with internet explorer. Ive always liked it and nevr gave me problems so far, so its all good

Alright, I myself use Firefox, it has alot more funtionality. Now, Microsoft released the new Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1. It is only available to certain members of their services, I have obtained this special beta. Once they are done with the testing, it will be released with Windows Vista, in 2006. Now, the main thing about this new release, is that it has Tabbed Browsing, that's right, you can use tabs, there's just a little grey button next to all the rest of the tabs that opens a new tab. I don't like the interface that much, as the Address bar is the one at the top, and you can't put the control menu up there (File, Edit, and so on). I will be putting the file up on my old website. What you will have to do is set up a restore point, as is over-writes your old Internet Explorer. It works, and you can browse the internet all you want. It also has a built in Google Bar. This is NOT spyware, I have it on my computer, and I recommend it for people who are running Windows XP SP2. I'm pretty sure it will NOT run on anything below XP. The point of that is to get older windows users to spend $199 for XP. This could easily backfire and give Firefox and Netscape a bigger take of the Internet Browser Pie.

Now the Screen shots are kinda big, so I'm just giving you a link.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ B1.jpg <Regualar Screen Shot

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ B1 2.jpg <With F11 and Drop Down Navigation

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ B1 3.jpg <With F11 and NO Drop Down Navigation

And for the link, Micosoft has asked other sites NOT to have that file to download, so I'm going to wait for a Mod or Admin to tell me it's Ok to have the link to the install. Again, ONLY works on XP SP2. I and Microsoft, nor anyone on this website is responisble for any damage done to your computer. That is why I suggest a system Restore Point. If you don't know that that is, look it up, it's really easy.

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Fixed links :)
Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

Ok, sorry about those pics, the system thought the space in the filename was the end of it. Just copy and paste the link into a new tab (tabs because you should use FIREFOX!!!) The link is correct, just not complete. Make sure you include the .jpg extension!