xisto Community
Judman

Firefox Or Internet Explorer that is the question...

anybody hear test ie 7 ? how's it's security? is it still vulnerable?

175341[/snapback]

Yep, I'm not one of them special members that is supposed to test it, but I can give you a link to my old host (old until I get hosting here, then it's not hosting :) ). I'm not going to give it to you in a post but I can PM you the link! Just reply or PM me (PM preferred) and I'll get the link over 2 ya!

Firefox is by far the best browser, it has so many more features than Internet Explorer I don't even see why Microsoft is even bothering to build IE7. With Firefox, I have the ultimate pop up blocker, and a niffty build in firewall, totally costomizable, I can chose from hundreds of skins. There are so many add ons that my brain goes crazy choosing the perfect one.

I think you can't compare IE with FireFox mainly because IE was developed by bigger team with much larger budget.The only reason that FireFox may seem safer is not because it better made it i because it is less targeted by the worm/virus makers. it will change when they start to take it.

actually im having a problem with dot tk domains and internet explorer 6i have 2 domains with dot tk and both are redirected to websites that requiered login so i dont know why i can never log ... never ever ... try:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
creat an account and you'll never be logged, you have to enter directly to the directory where the files are, here:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ you can work normally ... all these problems happened when you work with internet explorer.When i access the website with anyonter browser, firefox, i can log in to the system normally ... so with this background all i can tell you is that internet explorer is not a browser but have a lot of unknow issues that are not detected and are not fixed ... the big problem is that you always have to install to all microsoft productos from service pack 1 to service pack 3453 and that is a headache, i know that is hard to develope a program that considere all the problems but firefox dont have daily updates like microsoft explorer has ... now about the new explorer ...microsoft is doing the same thing that always do ... take the good ideas from other things .... multitab browser from firefox ... im not saying that the next internet explorer is bad only that for me is nothing new ... ive already have a comfortably internet expirience with firefox ...

Hmm, let me try a trick here. Let assume that IE is acting wierd with fot.tk edirecting. Since we all know that dot.tk puts your site in frame, so we are assuming that's a problem for you. What you should do in my opinion is pull out your site out of frame of dot.tk. That can be accomplished with javascript. So here is the code that will do this:

// JavaScript Documentif (parent.frames.length > 0) {    parent.location.href = self.document.location}

name this javascript file pop.js

Put this line into your <head> of HTMl document:

<script type="text/javascript" src="pop.js"></script>

Hopefully this will help.
Robert

Antother reason Firefox is better:I have been at my friend's house the past few days. Everytime we use his computer, it ends up freezing every 10 minutes or so. So I got him Firefox, and his computer runs faster, and it doesn't freeze anymore. Also, every minute or so, the Blue Screen of Death would come up, saying something is wrong with Internet Explorer. He is so happy that I fixed his computer, and all I did was install Firefox!

firefox is way better than ie. First way to tell, is that firefox has plugins(Extentions). Any program that allows plugins usually is a very good program. Second, You can change the theme!! Its awsome how you are able to custamize firefox so that it looks the way you want it to.I also find that I have a lot less errors using firefox and everything in general loads faster. Another nice thing is that Firefox has it's own built in pop-up blocker. And you can also download an addition plugin that makes it even better.Overall, Firefox pwns IE. Theres almost no reason why ie is better than firefox besides maybe personal preference.The one and only thing I dislike about firefox is that the scrollbar's color doesn't change when you do javascript or css files.xJedix

i would have to say firefox is better. it is an open source which let you customize it if you are tech savvy enough not to break it. it works just as well as IE except with some added features and of course it has a cooler name :)

Deffinetly Firefox........i mean its faster.....theres even a way to speed it up if ur using dial-up....i dont think IE has that option......but even with high speed,firefox kicks *bottom*...and i think the majority agrees

Hail. I think most people would agree that firefox is better than IE. Not only for it being a safer and faster browser, but fot the fact of being open source and the posibility to add tons of plugins or extensions to further increase its potencial.Some of my fav extensions are: foxytunes, which allows you to control lots of players, like winamp, windows media player and iTunes, for exampleshowip, which displays the current ip adress of the site you are viewingweb developer tools, which adds a panel which contains a lot of useful options for debugging a site or analize itsession saver, which restores all windows and tabs (customizable) next time you open your browser (for example, you are browsing three different windows or tabs and then you close all and log off your machine, and then come back and open it again and voila, there you have your pages)There are actually tons of extensions out there (just go to Tools>Extensions>Get more Extensions and firefox will take you to the downloads section), but its up to each one to take the ones he/she likes the most.Well, i like firefox better than IE, but what i wanted to say is that for now, most people do uses IE, so if we are web masters we must pay attention that in most cases, our public will be using that browser so we have to count them in.So hoping that firefox do spreads faster and faster till it becomes the most used browser, i think we will just have to sit back for a time, while people realizes the advantages of our beloved firefox.Thanks...-Lozbo

I don't get what the big deal is about browsers nowadays. If you run Internet Explorer with Windows Service Pack 2 with all the up-to-date Windows updates, you're not going to have a problem, almost guarantee. I think people should drop this subject by now. Are you really going to go on malicious webpages and go to the wrong links? I think this whole issue is based on the user and not the software. Just don't download anything stupid!