xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cemeteryrecords

Iq Test Accuracy How accurate are they?

I recently took two IQ tests online. The first I achieved a score of 142. The second, from a different website, very similar test, taken about fifteen minutes later, I scored a 138. Is this normal that someone's scores can fluctuate like that being so close together? Or is it only a relative or approximate score?

It's normal. The results have an error margin so when you do a test it will have this error margin written somewhere try to find some that have 5 or 10 if it exceeds 10 they are kind of useless cause the difference from 120 to 140 it's huge. So if u do one that has 5 if you get 140 your iq is between 135-145. Thou other factors have to be taken into consideration like: don't do ones that don't have a time frame they are just for fun, don't use a dictionary or any kind of help like a calculator or google :P basically don't try to cheat.

It's normal. The results have an error margin so when you do a test it will have this error margin written somewhere try to find some that have 5 or 10 if it exceeds 10 they are kind of useless cause the difference from 120 to 140 it's huge. So if u do one that has 5 if you get 140 your iq is between 135-145. Thou other factors have to be taken into consideration like: don't do ones that don't have a time frame they are just for fun, don't use a dictionary or any kind of help like a calculator or google :P basically don't try to cheat.

very normal. and most of these online IQ tests are bunk anyways. I have taken them and I score an avg of 142. I have taken them offline as well and got anywhere between 130 to 150. Big differnce. Myself I don't believe in them. You may be smart in say one thing and dumb in another. But you have your ( street smart ) and that is what matters now a days anyway.

Like it was said before me, you will probably score different on different tests. It shouldn't be by much though. Your range is acceptable. It mainly has to do with differences in questions. Some you may have found easier on the one you did first, thus you got the higher score.However, I wouldn't entirely trust online IQ tests. Most of them are quick and not formatted very well, or even accurate for that matter. If you really want a true IQ test, you should find a testing facility and take on there. I am not sure where you could take it around you, but around there are psychologists (I think that is what they are...) administer them along with some schools and colleges. Look around, though. The ones they will give you will be a lot more accurate.

I took one of these when I was like 8, which was too young for the age brackets, so it said if I was a 12 year old I would have had a 144 IQ. I kinda think that was bogus, that would have meant my real IQ would have been like 160 XD I haven't taken any of these recently, so who knows what I'd have.

Where can you take an *official* IQ test at? Online they are all based on whoever made them, so I'd like one that's a standardized test.Aside from MEMSA's test(That's the elitest group, right?)

In Your case it is normal. Result of IQ test depends on few other things also like if you are not taking test in your mother Tung then your result can decrees. It also depends on the no of times you give the test because every time your mind gets use to the same type of pbms.

IQ tests are good if they're used for career decision etc. Other than that i think rate of accuracy degrades gradually. I don't think they're worth to try for matchmaking & other social quotient areas.But when it comes to career & hobbies, i think they do give some degree of accuracy.

i 'd taken an IQ test of highIQsociety.com some years ago...i got a score of 136...but i don't seriously they...The only thing i think they tell is whether ur IQ is less,average or above average...rest the scores dont tell anything....i could as well have got + or - 15 , if i had been more or less serious...they just give u a rough idea....The only thing you must do is...don't let the scores go to your head...whether the scores are more or less.....

Edited by klusk (see edit history)

IQ test?I don't believe them.And in current society,the most important thing is EQ.Do many IQ tests will not help any.I think so.People should turst himself,and don't believe that.Just working hard,keep well relationship with your buddies,your yokefellowes,your neighbors.gook luck to all!

Where did you do your IQ test. Most of the ones online I don't really know if they're 'official' or not. I haven't done an IQ test for years... whereabouts could i get an official one anyway?

Did you know iq tests were originally developed to test children to determine which ones to send to school? if they failed, they were considered stupid and nobody bothered with their education. There were sets of questions for each age. If you answered questions right for your age, you were okay. if you were lower than your age you were stupid. But they did not take into consideration that if a four year old answers age 7 questions she is smarter than a five year old that answers five year old questions. Then someone decided that they werent very accurate for various reasons. Then a man came up with a new test that came out with a number instead of an "age score" and put it on a scale of one hundred. He figured the average would fall into 100 and below average below that and above average below that. Anywho... every iq test has to be standardized and tested on thousands and hundreds of thousands of individuals to determine what score would be "Average" and so on and so forth. The questions have to be custom tailored and modified to suit the minds of the current society in order for it to be a standardized and accurate iq test. I am pretty sure the ones you took online were not "standardized" in the traditional sense but they do give you an idea on how you compare to others on the internet.