xisto Community
Mike90014

000webhost Review Review of the hosting

actually i have tested 000webhost long times ago maybe it was the first hosting experience i had, there are some good about it and some worse things too. the first good thing is that if you want to just bring up a temporary website you can do it within just minutes using 000webhost easily. just register and activate and install some cms on it and you are done and your website is up.one of the other good things about them is that they exist out there for many years now, as we know there are many free webhosting providers which doesn't last too much and they gone within a year mostly, so seeing a free webhost provider lasting this good means two things : 1. they still got enough people coming around their website to have an account every day 2. they can make enough money for their services to keep it alive, the first one is good because it means that they are popular in free webhsoting service providers but the second thing is not very good because it means maybe they are doing something to make more money.one of the other good things is the specification of their service, you can get 100GB bandwidth per month which is enough for most of websites with huge number of visitors. other specifications like space are good too, you can get many features with their free service.now about the bad things about this service , the most important one is when you get an email said your account has been canceled due to inactivity, this is very bad and i myself don't like service which cancel their services because of inactivity of the website, now let me explain why : when you get one of these type emails you don't know really how much inactive you were. if you search a little in 000webhost forum you will find out that there are some people saying that they where getting 10 visitors per day and then suddenly got their service canceled. in somewhere in their forum the admin has stated that you should get 10 visitors per month to not being canceled (http://www.000webhost.com/forum/t/cancelled-of-inactivity-why/22284) but actually there are many peoples saying that they got that number but their account still canceled. so this is why i don't like inactivity limit.another problem is uptime which i faced this one myself when i used their service (don't know exactly but i think it was 4 years ago) there was some problems with accessing my website during some hours everyday, i don't know what was the reason but it was really annoying and was the main reason why i left 000webhost those days.there are many other bad things too, like the panel which is something weird and not working sometimes, the ftp connection was not good those days and were interrupted time to time and many other things, my suggestion is that if you want to test your website before going for some good hosts you can use their service to bring up your website temporary but for long use i don't even suggest their paid option (when i see unlimited traffic and unlimited space i easily know that the service quality will not be good at all!) and go for other good alternatives which you can find out there.

This happened to me too! I really thought their service was good since I didn't encounter problems three weeks after I signed up to this web host. My website was almost done... just a few tweaks and then I'm ready to spread my website's link. Then just like you, one morning I checked my website, my browser said "Oops! Cannot find (website address here)". I refreshed it for like 5 times but still no good. So I checked my account at 000webhost then they gave me the reason "Closed for abuse (Too much MySQL tables)". Then beside it says "Read TOS". I read the TOS multiple times thinking that I might have missed the part saying that there's a limit in MySQL tables. Then I gave up... it's not in there. <_< Because of that, I didn't continue building my website as I didn't had a chance to back-up all of the files.
After that incident, I've searched if there are also some accounts that have been suspended without notice or if it's just my account. But then, I found out that I'm not alone. So, I don't trust this web host anymore.

Reading elsewhere there seem to be a lot of problems with that host. They only give (iirc) 2% of server resources as well, and if you go over that you are banned. Without even knowing what the server resources are it's hard to judge what you can and can not do, and that also means that if you have a site running PHP+SQL you can barely have any visitors or you're banned.

Wow, I am really surprised to see so many bad reviews. I've had several hosting companies over the years, and by far 000webhost has been the best one I've had. I can do anything I like with PHP, cron jobs, even e-mail myself. The reason I am switching is because one of my scripts does not work there, since P3P is required. I am still waiting for the Xisto to link to my account; if Xisto is half as good as they claim, maybe I will switch the rest of my service as well...

You can't have Moodle installed which tells you about the limitations of their PHP version and extensions.The PHP version is 5.3.14They offer you unlimited space and database but put limitations on upload size and script installation.