xisto Community
innosia

What Is Captcha

Wait, this is by google? I would like to use this. Is it easily incorporated into forums? I'm glad it reduces, even if it doesn't take away everything. lol What can I say? Better than nothing, right. :)

You already have a CAPTCHA in your registration process - it's the letter you enter into the box :) It comes by default with most forum packages.

or even displaying the CAPTCHA on another website and waiting for people to do it! (i.e. a high traffic website, or maybe a CAPTCHA game? - people would never guess

That is also possible. Using programmers to develop something in programming contests, which can help give pointers to spammers, to bypass CAPTCHA. I know there are plenty of such programming contests which internally uses some logic which can be used in favor of another software product. Thats why many software companies sponsors programming contests. But pointing to particular contest saying that this company and contest makes use of peoples intellect for their purpose can be wrong claim. But i do think google codejam could have been used to solve their problems :) Who knows ? :)

@Inertialfate:Yes. Captchas use words and number combination to enter.some just ask for words and some just numbers.some captchas even use audio clip for disable web users.so audio-clip based captchas are easy to crack,so most systems avoid that.

I too suppose that captcha is sometimes annoying even for we humans...........Specially the captcha available from reCaptcha site is the most annoying as the words written there is just unreadable.There should be some other easy way so that human verification can be completed easily without any problem

As I know, Captch is security technology for webforms, emails to prevent spamming from spam bots. I also hate spam because It makes difficult to submit forms. Captcha technology that use google, yahoo, msn are very painful to users.

Captcha is a anti-spam service, to prevent unwanted bots from signing and up and advertising from auto-form fillers. Re-Captcha is one of the newest services to use Captcha service. It basically gives you two words, slightly hard to read, as an image, and then you write in the letters, then it verifies if it is correct then you get to sign up and the form is submitted, if it is incorrect or unfilled it is marked as incorrect and denied. Re-Captcha is rather annoying and hard to use. The best thing would be to have a math problem randomizer. I would have another section on the form what alternates from 10 or so simple math problems, as 2+2, or 3+2, and makes sure the answer is correct, the other thing would be to find a different captcha program. People often don't get Re-Captcha right, it takes about 2 tries, until you get how it works, since it accepts spaces wierdly. It comes from words from the classic books, and Captcha comes from the word Capture.

I'd probably have to say that captcha is the best way to prevent spamming applications from spamming registration on forums, spam posting, or even sometimes you may see captcha in business sites when you submit an application or process your payment.

Well i know what is captcha. I fill one form everyday. You know forums, websites, trying to make money etc. Well we see many different kinds of captcha everyday.Some are case sensitive and other are not case sensitive. Some are mixtures of numbers and letters and some or alone letters or numbers. Many even have a listen to the captcha feature. You can even refresh the captcha if you can't read it.

Its an anti-spam tool.Basicly people have made tools to automatic come on any forum and post a custom message.They need to register....However spam bots cannot see Captcha...