xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
OpaQue

Microsoft Using Cracked Software - Piracy Maniac

Bill Gates is incredibly rich. I doubt he accuires software for his developers. He probably mainly sits around deciding MS's "strategy" and focuses on hoarding money. Bill!=MS

Or most likely buying competitors. Have a look at Hotmail when it first came out, before Gates and his MSN web portal bought it out, thus becoming MSN Hotmail. Another case could be realplayer, which iirc Microsoft was interested in, but RealNetworks wasnt interested, thus leading to Microsoft making Windows Media Player in competition to Winamp and Realplayer at the time. There has been other developers around as well, Apple IPOD and their itunes software is another Media Player software. Also to further add, various DVD player software has popped up since.

As much as that is very convincing evidence, I dont believe microsoft would use pirate software. It could bring down microsoft.The company could sue, then it would be all over the media, they would loose millions if not billions.Maybe they bought the sounds off some company which used pirate software, or something.

I don't BELIEVE IT~!! Well....actually I do..... How did people find this out? Were people like bored and looked through the WINDOWS folder? I mean, couldn't Microsoft just buy the software and use it? I mean they are rich and it is not hard to just go buy something instead of cracking something.......

Well in case you all didn't read, Windows XP's source code was stolen before the official cd's were pressed. They claimed they did a bit-by-bit check to see if any changes were added to it but did not find any.It means this Deepz0ne guy could be the one who did the hack. Maybe he added it to both their source and the backup, because they claimed that they had no idea how anyone got past their security and into their source code to begin with.Good game, Microsoft.

Hi!Many of the Microsoft Windows media files were created by third parties that provided them to Microsoft. You can find regional theme packs that were created by local firms, and they include audio files, graphics, icons, screen savers, and animated cursors. If Microsoft fails to perform a check on them, which they might since they have always been running behind on their schedules, they end up with media files that point back to the pirated software that was used to create them.@bjrnAdobe Acrobat was quite innovative in its strategy with fonts and handling text. Adobe Photoshop is a tool used for graphic editing and graphic design.@Tran-GatePerhaps one curious user used audio editing software to compose his/her creations and wanted to know what Microsoft used to create their audio files, and that's probably how the tale unfolded.