xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
OpaQue

Microsoft Using Cracked Software - Piracy Maniac

Microsoft Sound files were founded to be edited with a Cracked Software copy of SoundForge. Dont belive me ???You can check that yourself by opening any file in the [Windows location]/Help/Tours/WindowsMediaPlayer/Audio/Wav folder in notepad or other editors of your choice and looking at the last line. There you will find a reference to SoundForge 4.5 and also a user called ?Deepz0ne? who happens to be one of the founders of an audio software cracking group called Radium.?BINGO!

Maybe he's a dude that is working for Microsoft!..don't you know they're taking over the world?? :rolleyes:..::IE had an error right after I originally posted this! THEY'RE MONITORING ME!! :)

You know, I really wonder how it happened. As much as I would like to think so I doubt that Bill Gates stole a pirated copy from radium and then gave it to his employees shouting "Hahaha! I haev stolne teh piraet softwear!111eleven. OMG Im teh 1337!1".It's not even certain that any MS employee has touched a pirated version of Soundforge. The files could have very well been made by someone else and pulled by MS from some public domain sound clip library.Of course, it's not unlikely that a MS employee just didn't want to go through the hassle of applying for money to buy SF :rolleyes:

"doubt that Bill Gates stole a pirated copy"Why not ? He has stolen many other things ( allegedly :rolleyes: ) for example he created Windows after talking Steve Jobs into supplying him with two Mac's to create a spreadsheet for the Mac operating system, ( but Steve Jobs stole GUI from Xerox (allegedly :) )and the number of companies he has "formed a partnership" with and then subsequently pulled out of the parntership ( after acquiring the knowledge they needed no doubt ) and created their own version of that software ( eg: OS2 became Win NT I believe)I can't remember the names of all the companies now - but I do know that Microsoft teamed up with more than a couple of companies then split - only to later offer a simliar thing ( usually free ( well - included in purchase price of Windows) ) so that the other company virtually died. Bill Gates is _probably_ the biggest software pirate that ever lived ( if news reports are to be believed - or the movie ) - thats why they are so paranoid about anyone using their stuff for free no doubt :)

bizchina, please note: XEROX AND APPLE MADE THE GUI SYSTEM TOGETHER. ONLY MICROSOFT STOLE THEIR WORK!

Linux started it's X System after the patent ended!

xboxrulz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no they didnt. GUI was xerox's invention. Mac offered to help them with it, ie market it,improve it. So mac went to xerox found out exactly how it worked and then made their own version of it.

At the Apple camp Steve Jobs is invited to see the graphical user interface which has been developed by Xerox. Xerox had developed the mouse, and standard interface styles we all know today. But the company big whigs thought it was a silly idea and agreed to let Apple look at everything they had. Apple naturally stole everything they could.

Windows and Mac evolution info (good movie)

bizchina, please note: XEROX AND APPLE MADE THE GUI SYSTEM TOGETHER. ONLY MICROSOFT STOLE THEIR WORK!

Linux started it's X System after the patent ended!

xboxrulz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So what if windows used GUI system? Copying an idea is not an issue (if you haven't noticed there's multiple programs for any type of job you want to do), it's not like he stole the source and made one or two modifications and said it was his own.

Most linux programs are just copies of other programs, be they for pc or mac... they just have different source code.

If it wasn't for that you wouldn't have any choice about what software you use... there'd be only one compiler for each language, one IDE, one browser, one everything (otherwise it's theft... *rolls eyes* ).

And no matter what you say about Bill Gates now... the fact is, he was part of making computers more user friendly... at that point, computers were still a "fad" that people would get over fast enough.

"doubt that Bill Gates stole a pirated copy"

Why not ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bill Gates is incredibly rich. I doubt he accuires software for his developers. He probably mainly sits around deciding MS's "strategy" and focuses on hoarding money. Bill!=MS

All the software cateogry, games included copy ideas from one another and apply it differently. I am glad that Bill gates did Windows. can you imagine if Apple is the only company that sell an easy to use GUI? Our computers today would not be so cheap. Macs are good but over-priced. Apple is holding on to the monoploy of manufacturing Mac machines and controlling prices. The market share for Macs worldwide is sliding. With the advancement of software, PC could do what Macs does. P.S = Apple used to advertised themselves having an egde over PC in graphic design. This is not so with the invention of Adobe Acrobat and Open Type Fonts. (read and install on Mac and PC platform)

P.S = Apple used to advertised themselves having an egde over PC in graphic design. This is not so with the invention of Adobe Acrobat and Open Type Fonts. (read and install on Mac and PC platform)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Forgive my ignorance, but what does Acrobat have to do with graphic design? Are you sure you aren't thinking of Photoshop?

I wish I could check this out. My C:\Winnit\Help as no subfolders.

Yes, you are right! I have checked it with WinHex and I can see the Group and the ID you mentioned. It is easy to hide some texts in JPG files and Wav files, and I wonder whether this is a joke by one of M$ employees or really Bill is using some piece of software.... Interesting...

well its not Bill, its the person who created the sound files which could be anyone in MS.And its no joke.The cracking team doesn't exist anymore. But they discovered it when they met for some event, I think the birthday of the guy who cracked the software and decided to surprise him by revealing this whole thing.Really funny if you ask me. Another thing is that Sony now holds the rights to the SoundForge software although I doubt they will try sueing MS...