xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

Incredible Rising Gas Prices Gas Out of Control

Talk about sticker shock. Today I had to fill up my car, $62.57!!! How in the heck can people drive to get to work, the store or even to a doctors appointment with gas prices like this??!Between Gas, food, and not even talking cigarette prices. it is unreal. You figure for a familly of say 4 people. 2 cars.both kids say 8 or 9 yrs old going to school.for them just to go 1 year at these prices. I figured it out to be close to or a little over $2000 a month. "here in the north eastern USA. I dont know about everyone, but I am sick and tired of getting ripped off. And I know what some are thinking. Let's Blame Bush!No dont go and do that. He isnt the only reason why. You have to also put the blame on all the money hungry %$#@ in the mid east.They control the Oil which Gas comes from. In sorry, it just makes me sick to think of just how we are being raped by all this. Soon it will be if you go to a gas station, the will not accept cash. but a credit card only. But then you will have to go to the bank and take out a loan just to get gas.

This war for oil is paying off pretty well... :) It took me a little over $40 to fill up my mum's 2006 Honda Civic. It makes me shudder what everyone else is paying for their cars... especially the truck owners and the people that cruise around in their Hummers and their Cadillac Escalades. (No offense to anyone... but serves you right. ;) ) It's crazy. And to think that not a lot of people are supporting and backing up attempts for alternative fuels because of money... it doesn't make any sense, because if gas is too expensive, people will have less of a want to drive, or spend money, or buy stuff... it's like big-business America is killing itself. I can't remember the last time I made a trip to the mall to GO to the mall... fortunately for me, my commute passes by a mall, three Walmarts, and countless gas stations. :lol: Then again, the commute is costing me...

Prices here are about 30% higher than the US, and Europe is even more expensive. About double the price per litre than here, as I understand it.Don't get your hopes too high for the price to come down at all or any time soon. I hear that we can expect another 20% increase before the end of the summer. :lol:

I dont know about everyone, but I am sick and tired of getting ripped off. And I know what some are thinking. Let's Blame Bush!No dont go and do that. He isnt the only reason why. You have to also put the blame on all the money hungry %$#@ in the mid east.
They control the Oil which Gas comes from.

Well let's see, when resources are used up it starts to cost more to purchase it, so with all of the petroleum and oil being used up by all of the countries using cars these days explains the true reason that the prices are going high. It is not because of greed but considering they are their resources and not ours then they probably want to save for themselves too. I do not like the gas prices either I am not defending them. As a family of seven and six of us being driving we feel the pains too. We try and make trips all at once or if it is not too far we will ride or walk. That is why people are looking for alternative sources of fuel because we will not be able to use gas for much longer or at least it will not be affordable.

You lot in the US are incredibly lucky, you just don't realise it. In the UK, you're looking at ?1.20 per litre now. That works out at around $10 per gallon. At the moment we are spending around ?80 per week just on fuel! If you're on the south coast it might even be cheaper to drive over to France and get your fuel there :lol:

As a Public Service, I created a small, un-scientific report of the cost of Gasoline at a few places in Canada, the USA and several other places that the Xisto members come from, Norway, England, aussieland for example, that will put the price of gasoline into perspective for you.

fuel_costs_cdn_vs_usa.pdf

The gas prices don't bother me; let them go up. We have enough bad drivers as it is. The majority, from my perspective, of people on the road are hungry for speed. Any complaint from them is unjust. How many people here actually take the time to reduce gas consumption, whether it's by accelerating slow (or keeping within 2000rpm), obtaining a better gas-efficient car, or other methods? Here's something to consider: When you drive, how far up the RPM bar do you go?

I live in the US, but I've traveled a bit so I know we have it pretty good over here as far as gas prices go. I have to do a fair amount of driving, but I personally think that gas prices going up is not necessarily a bad thing. While it cuts into my money for sure (broke college student), what I spend on gas doesn't come close to what I spend on food (hungry college student). Of course, I drive a tiny two seater that is supposed to get 40-50 mpg. We're sort of spoiled here in the US when it comes to gas prices, we don't pay nearly as much as people do in the UK for example. I was in England over Christmas, and even with the drop of the US dollar compared to the pound, they were still paying almost twice as much as I do at home.

As a Public Service, I created a small, un-scientific report of the cost of Gasoline at a few places in Canada, the USA and several other places that the Xisto members come from, Norway, England, aussieland for example, that will put the price of gasoline into perspective for you.

Thanks! I feel a whole lot better about the whole thing now. Except for one nagging thing... Just a few years ago, oil in USD was under $60/ barrel. When the warhawks decided Saddam needed to be taken out using an entire military campaign, followed by a occupation using our troops as some kind of police, the price was around $42/barrel. (Correction: It was at this level with the youngest stupidest Bush was elected the first time to sit in the Oval Office and Take Over the World ala "Pinky and the Brain") It's been a rather sudden, traumatic raise for us here in the states, so it's that trauma that's getting to us. Apparently our brothers up in the Great White North are experiencing the same unsettling price hikes, and it's really cramping their styles too. The problem, for you who live in Kiwiland and the EU, our wages have not gone up to match the run-away inflation that's sucking the purchasing power right out of the non-backed Federal Reserve Notes that pass as "money" here. Of course, paper is not money, but try explaining that to most people and you'll get that "deer-in-the-headlights look". We just got through watching part one of an amazingly well-done documentary by the Hollywood heavyweight director, Aaron Russo, called "From Freedom to Fascism" that exposes many of the myths and lies regarding the Federal Reserve Banking Cartel and the Income Tax lie that's been perpetrated on the American People for the past 95 years. It's a real eye-opener. Check it out if you can.
JLH: Would you mind re-doing that interesting chart with the price of Diesel #1 at the various locations too? I'm interested to see what we're paying for that in comparison. Also, if you could add a couple Mexican locations in to the mix that would be swell...

The funny thing about all this is that people are saying that gas won't be hitting $4 a gallon by this summer, yeah right, heck I wouldn't be surprise if it don't spike to $5 a gallon by the end of the year. I swear OPEC has terrorists connections somewhere or they wouldn't be refusing to increase output, maybe that was Osama's plan from the beginning by starting this war he believes the economy would cripple this country and possibly the world. Of course, I am not surprise though, America has screwed so many countries the last 230 years, starting with the French, that eventually someone was going to find a way to pay us back in some wonderful fashion.Maybe I should get some cardboard boxes and prepare for inevitable, and what I don't get is why the stock market hasn't crashed big time because of this but either way I don't want to know why as it will take to long to explain and whoever explains it to me would be speaking pig latin to me on that. Of course the big question is with all these billions being made I want to know where all this money is going, oh I know the politicians who got stock on oil, heck maybe I should purchase like 5 oil stocks and make my money that way :lol:.

The gas prices in Norway is about the same all over the country; 13 - 14 Norwegian krones. And it is still rising. If the tank of my dads car is almost empty, it often costs 700 krones to fill it up. Sometimes more. The lowest you can pay for a litre is around 11 krones. Something that kind of sucks is that there is not much difference between the gasoline and diesel prices. So it was not a very good investment for all of those that bought a diesel car. Not at all...I have seen lots of tourist complaining about the high prices, and that is kind of funny. :lol: Haha, at least I think so. Actually it is hilarious. People here used to complain a lot about it too, but actually they do not do much of that any more. I must say that it is kind of annoying when we have to use that much money on petrol - or diesel. Not too much we can do about it, though....but we can try to reduce our gasoline consumption? Right?

No dont go and do that. He isnt the only reason why. You have to also put the blame on all the money hungry %$#@ in the mid east.

They control the Oil which Gas comes from.

In sorry, it just makes me sick to think of just how we are being raped by all this. Soon it will be if you go to a gas station, the will not accept cash. but a credit card only. But then you will have to go to the bank and take out a loan just to get gas.

1. In fact mideast countries are innocent in that matter. They didn't raise the oil price from ages.

2. You have to blame the Wall Street biders and those who playing in currency and the oil, wheat prices in WAll Street or other similar places.

3. Also we have to blame those governements who allows this trading freely without regulation.

4.The US dollar is low and that was the beginning. But I don't know why we in Australia are suffering the same . Even though Australioan dollars become 94 US cent instead of US 69 cent. By math and logic it expect the oil price must be decrease not to increase.

Here in the US we have it good - there's no way it costs $2000 a month for gas... $4 a gallon is cheap, especially with the continually weakening dollar. $4 a gallon is still cheaper than most bottled water too if you want to think of it that way. It's by no means an exorbitant price for gasoline. On the other hand, we are getting screwed by cell phone and internet companies who want to charge hundreds of dollars per month. If you want to complain about something that's it--I spend more per month on my internet and cell phone than I do on gas for my car.

1. In fact mideast countries are innocent in that matter. They didn't raise the oil price from ages.

2. You have to blame the Wall Street biders and those who playing in currency and the oil, wheat prices in WAll Street or other similar places.

3. Also we have to blame those governements who allows this trading freely without regulation.

4.The US dollar is low and that was the beginning. But I don't know why we in Australia are suffering the same . Even though Australioan dollars become 94 US cent instead of US 69 cent. By math and logic it expect the oil price must be decrease not to increase.

The oil market is actually over-regulated. You've got to be kidding yourself if you believe it's honestly a completely free market enterprise.

We subsidize oil companies and they are still reaping profits. They aren't producing at max capacity, and the politicans need to open up ANWR in order to save our economy, but the silly liberals aren't willing to.

It's a mess.