xisto Community
rvalkass

University Student Builds Tank

A university student in Michigan in the US has built his own half-size, fully functioning, Panzer tank, which also fires Red Bull cans out of the turret! It can do 20mph, and cost around $10,000 to build, although the parts he actually ended up using cost only $2,000.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

There is also a video of this tank in action at the link above.

Supposedly he built it to use in paintball competitions ^_^ Personally, I wouldn't fight against a guy with a tank! Unless they build a few more, then that could make the games very interesting.

That is pretty sick looking, this guy just got himself a career in building tanks for the government ^_^, however, I do believe there are laws that forbid civilians to have any thank in their possession, and since this a fully functional one whose to say that someone won't try to take it on a joy ride and go create some damage with it. I won't be surprise if they make him dismantle the thing. Either way that is some skill he has, abd I only could imagine him building a full scale tank from scratch.

Wow it looks really cool, I dont know anyone who wouldnt want to own a toy like that.... guy atleast. It looks really cool. It would be pretty fun to have paintball competitions with vehicles. It would pretty much be like a real war. The next thing to build would be planes I guess, that would be crazy though..

Wow... that's amazing. It's amazing what some people can do, though it seems like projects like these all come from college students. :P Maybe college isn't hard enough or something so they all have way too much time and sit around dreaming up ways to build scale models of tanks. ^_^

Seems fun to build, whilst amazing at the same time. But it doesnt seem to be a suprise that uni/college students can come up with amazing things if they really put their mind and passion into it.

lol if you ask him to play paintball he will probably use big balls to shoot at you..or red bull cans.. ouch that will hurtno wonder he is able to build one because he is a mechanical engineering student.. but despite that, the school should have halted him in making it in the first place.. students don't usually make things like that in school.. that is a lot of money he spent just to make that tank.. what kind of things will he use that for?.. unless he aspires to join the armed forces or the terrorists.. what will the car drivers feel if they come across one of these tanks on their community road.. they might think that there is a war going on or something.. hilarious

it is really so simple to make a tank. but to make it like a real tank and a panzer is another thing.i don't know if owning a tank is illegal but i think making improvised weapons that can kill ( maybe it can) is illegal.rich people own their own migs with everything on it even with the missile mounts. but unfortunately without the guns and missiles and bullets. but any black market has these ones and you can create your own army.if this is for a paintball competition, it would be exciting to see 10 tanks on each side fighting each other. with a full set of infantry, artillery and planes.that is the best warpaint game i would ever see ^_^

That tank is killer. (Not literally, of course. ^_^) I really want to see that thing in action now, in a paint ball tournament. Oh the destruction it cause.....I actually wonder how bad it would hurt standing in front of the turret as it fired. I mean, are we talkin normal paintball hit, or is it a lot more painful than that?

Now that is l337. And hey, its a working MODEL of a tank with plywood siding etc. So yes, it could give people a bit of a scare but any person with a working brain is going to chuckle and give him a literal or mental hi-five and get on with their day hopefully smiling a bit more than they were before.

Only one or a few man made tank cannot match a tank build by who experienced mechanical engineers and electronic engineers especially who are working in army.

But I must congratulate him and his group, this is a good start.

But anyone, who knows Thermodynamics, Materials Science and Engineering, Strength of materials, Machine and mechanism theory,..., can also build a tank, If you go to industry region in your city, you can easily find the required materials, or at least in my city I can find.

// By the way I am also a mechanical engineering student in Sel?uk University.

OK that is just crazy I simple love it. this h=guy is good he will probably had some good practical degree.On the other hand what would happen to the guy that will be shot with that red bull can in paintball competition or maybe they will change the name to the pain ball competition. :DBest Regards from here.

Wow, impressive. I'm surprised that I haven't seen that one before, kids my age these day, doing all sorts of crazy things.I wonder How the turret works? Is it just an air compressor with an industrial rapid release valve?

lol if you ask him to play paintball he will probably use big balls to shoot at you..or red bull cans.. ouch that will hurtno wonder he is able to build one because he is a mechanical engineering student..
but despite that, the school should have halted him in making it in the first place..
students don't usually make things like that in school..
that is a lot of money he spent just to make that tank..
what kind of things will he use that for?..
unless he aspires to join the armed forces or the terrorists.. what will the car drivers feel if they come across one of these tanks on their community road.. they might think that there is a war going on or something.. hilarious

Calm down, It's just a car with treads and an air compressor. It's not even bulletproof. :D

In paintball, you get hit only when you have a splotch on your clothes right? This way, he'll always be hidden behind the cover of the tank. This is hardly fair. Although, it does present a funny example of a great future inventor. If he can do this in college, what can he do when he's had formal training?