xisto Community
bthaxor

Post Rating Module Installed Rate member posts

this plugin works great and I really like it, I'd love to see my posts that someone thanked or disagreed or said informative and so on..., this will help a lot to find where we did some thing useful or something where we were wrong and so on...:lol:

I actually came in to this thread to ask about the new "(list)" feature that also appeared, but when I was in here and clicked on my last post, it showed (is showed a word? It sounds so wrong lol) that it's for the actual ratings that the individual post received. I thought it might be for that reason, but before all the ones that I'd clicked on were blank, so I was thinking maybe it was a feature that didn't work quite yet. But for some reason, I was still thinking it had something to do with the ratings lol.Anyway, I found that part to be very cool. Because then I can see which posts I've done that were good, and which were bad. I'm liking this more all the time. I'm having way too much fun with the rating system now - and that's my honest opinion after spending a day getting familiar with it!

A very great idea and a very great featureOpaque's hard work can be seen in post rating module setupthanks a lot!! :lol:now people can get idea about a particular user And also the posting quality would surely improve....as most members would want to be ranked good! :P

I agree with this guy. It's stupid, I'm sure as hell not going to rate anyone's posts. Far to much effort, you can tell if a posts good anyway normally by their grammar and punctuation. But heck, it's your forums I'm sure a lot of people would love this rating thing.

You make a good point here, but there are two reasons why I disagree with your post. First of all I like to see what other members think of a certain post. Not everyone has the same opinion. They may have a much different rating that I would give the post, and I find it interesting how many people agree with me and how many don't. But the main reason I like this is because when I see a member's post I find it interesting of their overall rating in the forum. How many posts he has made that the members like, and how many posts he has made that the members don't like.

ONE QUESTION: Will Trap FeedBacker also make use of the Post Rating Module? :lol:

as we can easily verify from our board statistics, a substantial amount of traffic comes from guests (who becomes Trap Feedbacker) when s/he decides to make a reply to a post/topic thread. since replies are accepted in principle to come from guests, can post ratings be far behind? what i'm basically saying is, these guest users get drawn here to our Xisto community forums since their search resulted in something relevant to them, and they could add an objective point of view on how they rate the posts here, apart from members here who may decide to play with the post ratings modules of course. :D ratio of guests to members (hosted and non-hosted) at any given time is very high so i suppose we can't overlook their importance. :P

Well out of curiosity of your question server I look to see what the ratings system looks like as a guest based on the full version and not the trap feedbacker. A user would have to be logged in an order to be able to rate a topic, and with how trap feedbacker is set up it would make it seem impossible, although that isn't the word I want to use with this situation, because guest is basically emailing a post to be added. However, the idea I thought of which includes a bit more work for hte mods who approve these messages is that the user who is using the trap feedbacker could select a rating for the topic or rather the original poster of the topic.They could be prompted in a series of check boxes on what posts they like or did like based on the ratings system, and then whoever approves the messages, can log into trap feedbacker and then select those options. Yeah it sounds like a lot of work but it would be the only way not to compromise the trap feedbacker account. Of course that means that there would have to be some tinkering with how lofi view looks, and since it has been a few years I don't know if there is lofi script. Of course the other idea would be to prompt guests if they like rating posts and what to register with the forum and go from there.Also one of my questions have been answered about how the list view is set up has been answered as well.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

I like it, it looks really nice, and I hope that people will use it honorably. Well I haven't tried it yet but I see that people are already using it since each member has something written to his name I hope that these are not just some random values :lol: at first. You can really see probably in the tutorial section who is working the most and so on.

I think this is a pretty awesome idea. 1. I love this idea because it helps to give feedback to other users on their topics, posts, etc.2. It feels great giving people a gold star... hahaOne improvement I would like to see is that as well as showing who gave you those ratings (or possibly replacing who gave you them), when you click on the links, it takes you to the post or topic that you were rated in. That way, users are able to see what they were rated for, as well as who rated them.Hmm... other than that.....OpaQue, you get a gold star.... literally.

One improvement I would like to see is that as well as showing who gave you those ratings (or possibly replacing who gave you them), when you click on the links, it takes you to the post or topic that you were rated in. That way, users are able to see what they were rated for, as well as who rated them.

I also thought this would be a good thing, but I wasn't really sure if it could be implemented so easily into the forums. But if it would be possible I think that would make it even better! Even if there is just a thing in our profiles that mentions the links to the last 10 ratings or something... least that way we could see easily which ratings we got from where.

Click on the symbol that appears in your Posting sidebar to see a list of the ratings you have received, then click on the icons in the left-hand side.

Wow, I have to admit that this site is getting better and better year by year! Great idea this rating plugin! I know how hard is to be administrator on site with a little bit more than 4200 people, but i can`t imagine how hard is when you have 40000+ members..thanks opaque for improving this community! p.s. i hope i won`t get "bad spelling" rank :lol:

I noticed the Post Rating Module a while before this topic was posted, and I was waiting for this topic to appear as I had a few questions to ask. Reading the replies to this topic, most of the questions have already been answered, but there's one I'd still like answering: when exactly was this module made active on the forums?I think it's a useful system, as it gives clear feedback on users and the quality and helpfulness of their posts. I am worried about the possibility of abuse, but I think the benefits outweigh the risks. I especially like how there are "Spelling Mistakes" and "Spam" options, so you can inform the user of these shortcomings without actually posting them - reducing spam while still keeping a sense of "Political Correctness".

That's been around for a while now... Hehe, I'm "disagreed with a lot"? I checked all of my posts and it was only once! I think you should have to get three of something before you get the little thing under your username, it would make more sense that way. :lol: I'm pretty sure they're talking about the 1 to 5 Star ratings that you'll see at the topic, technically that's the TOPIC rating system though... Maybe I was mistaken, that's what I thought when I saw this topic, but I guess it's most likely about the little icons at the bottom... Oh well... STILL! I really think it should only put the icon under your username if you get that particular rating multiple times. Know what I mean? :P

Just returned here from a long break from the Trap. Its always great to see new stuff up and changed when you see something again :lol: Albeit a slightly off feeling of what might be different! (ouch, -22 credits!!)I agree somewhat with the guys who said the rating system seems a bit pointless. Please don't take this as a putting down to new changes though :DThere are too many options, and they don't seem to be ordered at all, for example, from good to bad...Perhaps a profile-wide rating system (that contributes to a user's individual feedback rating) could be more purposeful rather than post-by-post? I do agree with the informational rating automatically for mods though, people should not be putting down any of the mods because they are carefully chosen guys who spend their time sorting here! (or spamming as in the case of SM!) *I'm sorry, the rating is profile-wide :P now you kknow what I mean of being unsure about the new stuff! The comment on the number of options still stands I think!

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)