xisto Community
icleric

what is the favorite os in ur openion ?

what is yor favorite os ?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Linux is THE BEST. It has some problems thought like the fact that you can't install a program except you have an .rpm or you know the console commands. And even if you have a rpm you still can't select the place where to install...If they will repair this kind of bugs Linux will be great on desktop. I hate Microsoft because it wants to dominate the market and then give the peple whatever they want. Just like Internet Explorer.

Of course windows isn't easy, but you do not need to learn registry of windows or dos commands to play with it. But at linu you have to know some of this stuf to work fine on it. That stands. I can alsow make somebody's computer to work under linux, to have any progaram he want, and he will not learn it. I on the other side have to know many commands to install linux corectly, but for windows I do not.

I think it is Longhorn, from what i've seen it's very beautiful and fast too! but it doesn't run on my computer cause i have about 120MB RAM where you need 512MB RAM for Longhorn :D... I'm looking for some cash to buy a new comp :D

Klas2B, there are not specifications for Longhorn yet, they are for sure saying that people need to buy a whole new computer to use it because, the hardware must have TCPA to work.**Subject to change @ any timexboxrulz

well i have used nothing but windows for my whole life since i got a computer so i would never know what to compare it with so i will have to go with windows as my favorite os.

I am using win xp now. It is faster than window2000 when starting. It is easy and convenience for anybody. But I think a professional programmer should use command, It is the fastest way to operate computer. So I will use linux in the future.

I think many will vote for windows becaues it is the easiest to use. Loads of software and games you can do whatever you want. And if you fall into trouble you won't have to look to far for help. I like XP because of its user friendliness. I know a lot about windows and with Linux I feel helpless but I am improving. I like Mandrake in Linux. :D the closest to windows.

windows is good Os but i think its not securebut linux is very secure but its hard to learnwindows with SP2+ firewall + Av + 1Gig Ram + 3 gig Cpu is goood OS :D

Hi,I would say for ease of use Windows is the best ...and there can be no second thoughts about it. But there are a few quirky things in this OS that makes you sometimes either tear off your hair form their roots or go up in fumes!! Linux based OS are a definitely better ooption. In my opinion ther is a lot of catching up to do for Linux based systems but I sense that the day is not far when Linux systems will give windows a run for its money. I particularly fancy SuSe linux.BDB

I think that if there was a free version of a windows / linux machine I would definatly go for it. Imagine the simplicity and stability of Linux but able to run Windows programs. I mean i've only seen Linux crash once, and that's because I maxed out my RAM. No more Blue Screen of death, No more illegal errors, and great server hosting :angry: I don't know if anyone be willing to take the project on, but I think that they could become very famous, very fast.

Alas, what has happened to our beloved Mac OS? I can't wait until the release of tiger, and 10.4. Mac rules all computers! Highly graphical interface, smooth sailing all the way. Macs atacully WORK :angry:

good question whyme, I got caught up with the Linux hype, but haven't checked out Apple.ca. According to what they said it's gonna be out in the first half of 2005. A huge range, I'd say.o, well, back to fiddling with KDE 3.4.0xboxrulz

well I have to say that its windows for the simple reason its the only os I'v used as i'm far to lazy to change it. plus it has some (ok one) good point(s) mainly its compatability then again it also has some massive flaws, the main one being that its s***.