xisto Community
saitunes

What Music Software Do You Use To Play Music?

To listen to my music, i use winamp. It is free and very very easy to use. It produces great sound and has tons of plugins for it that let you enhance your listening experience. Plus, the DSP plugins work even when you watch a movie using it so its really nice when listening to an avi that only has 2 channel sound since the dsp plugins will make that into a great 5.1 audio track.

Started with Winamp at first, then briefly used Windows Media Player and Realplayer before eventually going to itunes when I got the IPOD sometime ago as a gift. But yes, Seems the former (Winamp, Realplayer, Windows Media Player) can also play movies and whatnot.

Being a Linux PC user, I'm mostly into using Amarok. However, Rhythembox isn't too bad, and if you just search for a bunch in the repositories you'll find a wack of different music playing programs, there is bound to be one for anyone, sense there are so many of them.

On a Macintosh PC I guess you would use iTunes, not a usual Mac user so I cannot say much about the media players. However, I happen to know iTunes works a LOT better on a Macintosh than a Windows based computer, I would say because of the interface and sloppy coding on the part of Apple for the Windows version of it.

On a Windows based PC I would suggest, Winamp, Amarok, (which I'm not too sure how it'd run on Windows), and there is of course, Itunes, but if you're looking for something somewhat faster, but still have functionality, I'd recomend Amarok, as it is programmed in C++, and has performed quite well for me. Then again thats just my opinion, really it's up to whatever you want to run, try them all, that way you can decide. Oh and check out VLC, it is great for playing just about any media file.

-reply by alex

Since I'm on Windows.I use Windows media player.I use audacity and kreatives krystal recorder forrecording and sound editing.I think the whole question of what your sound issues are, would dependon your soundcard and speakers.I'm not fussy.

iTunes all the way! When on my mac I use iTunes of course.. but when on Windows... well I use iTunes as well!!! xDiTunes is pretty good and easy to use, also I need it for adding songs to my iPhone so its not really an option >.<So yea... thats it, iTunes :)

Windows media player. Mostly becouse the What I'm Listening to windows live messenger plugin. So when i'm listening, for example: Eminem-We Made you. On Windows live personal message will apear: (headphones, icon)Eminem-We Made you (linked) and my friends could see what song it is, and if they want it they always ask for it and i send it to them :P