xisto Community
abminara

How Long Can A Man Live Without Water?

in cooler places you could live more in hotter places you go unconscious faster.2 days without water seems you could even 3-4 ...but that's not for everybody... if you're enough hydrated and stay in a cool enough place not in the sun you could survive more...if not you'll die most probably in the second or the third day.Also is a sure thing that if you keep thinking about the last time when you drank enough water and you were well hydrated you can fool your senses and think that there is no problem... I don't recommend to try something like this because you can loose your consciousness and you'll be unable to call for help, anyway I daub that is somebody willing to try this ;)

I always found this question quite interesting, so I decided now to do a bit of research by myself.Most of the answers here seemed a bit speculative, so I thought I should turn to a somehow 'authorized' source.From wikipedia, a page about survival skills:'A human can survive a maximum of three days without the intake of water assuming you are at sea level, at room temperature, and a relative humidity'.These conditions are the most favourable for 'without water' survival, wereas colder/warmer temperatures, different humidity just decrease the period.You can also survive more if you prevent water loss.And, from the same page, the record:'The crew of a lifeboat reportedly lasted 8 days without water'.

You've got it right with three days. Its the three rule:

Three Hours without Shelter.

Three Days without Water.

Three Weeks without Food.

Thats how I've always been taught. But this is obviously for both females and males, not just males (as the title states: How Long Can A Man Live Withou Water?)- which I'd just like to mention annoys me. There are infact females in the world. Perhaps next time say: How Long Can A Person Live Without Water?

This can vary whether the human state is healthy or not and if you are living in a humid place or a dry place. I think that people can live from 2-5 days without water.

The common estimate is 3 days. Somehow, i think willpower plays a part in prolonging or shortening survival time too. Im not sure if ultra-strong willpower will help a man live longer than 3 days without water, but I'm certain that if you lose the willpower to live, you won't survive all three days.

I think that it is 3 days, since almost your whole body is made of water you require it to function and without it you will die :) , Camels drink alot of water before traveling through the desert and if they didnt they just wouldnt be able to preform the task of transporting people and probably die , dehydration also leads to dizzeyness and makes you tired i think.

Is that even possible to last alive for over 24-48 hours with no water? I think if I tried this I'd be just about dehydrating. :P I can remember me and most my foster parents in their family, we went to Cyprus and I tell you something. It was damn hot! We was going down to the town and the concrete was incredibly hot. I had to go back to our Villa and get my shoes on...never again did I go out bare feet! :)-Sky

Well, I've been doing some research about this, and some sources said that a man can only live up to 3 days without water, very few said about 5, and one said that a man can live for a whole week without water, then lose conscience, and live in that condition for another week while his heart and lungs still work. What do you think?

Notice from opaque:
Title and Description changed.
Please choose Title and Description carefully. The Title should be to descriptive and should summarize your entire post. The description should be used to add further details/information about your post.

This experiment for ordinary man is fullfill as i also find but have some exception to live without the water even MAN can live whole life with out water if we go to sprituality, Yog, Tantramantra, etc we find so may example that sant live whole life without eating food and drinking water. what you say about this in our auspicious books give example also.

I see a lot of people here say it's 3 days, but my understanding in the past was that it's 48 hours maximum.And no, I'm not going to go test the hypothesis, so don't ask me to, :)

Are we talking about water as in drinking water directly, or do water that we find in food also count? I can go several days if I wanted without drinking water directly... but there would always be some water in soda, food and other things I eat. I would probably not manage as long in a warm country, but as for the moment I do not really drink water as just plain water. I try sometimes though.

Hello!I think it really depends of the person itself. If he drank a lot of water during past days, so he might need a little bit less water than others and might take longer the kidney to filter water, blood, etc. So the 3 days seems to me really the max for an average person, but I really think that the will of a person also plays a huge difference in it. It might go more and more. The 5 days seems really a huge number, but it is really realistic with those that has the will of life and has a goal to attain in life!Tim.

Hello!
I think it really depends of the person itself. If he drank a lot of water during past days, so he might need a little bit less water than others and might take longer the kidney to filter water, blood, etc. So the 3 days seems to me really the max for an average person, but I really think that the will of a person also plays a huge difference in it. It might go more and more. The 5 days seems really a huge number, but it is really realistic with those that has the will of life and has a goal to attain in life!

Tim.

This is actually a great point, and is one that I didn't consider at first. I just now came up with the idea in fact. If you're already at near dehydration then obviously you can't go without water for as long as someone who drinks 64 ounces a day or whatever.

i always thought it was around 2 days for both a man and a women. three days max. it would definately not be 5 even 4 is impossible i think. just search it up on wiki answers or something.

Survival without water: 2-10 daysHow Long Can A Man Live Without Water?

I'm a biomedical scientist, and even so I (like most folks) was always taught that we can survive only up to 3 days without water. I have since learned that unconscious patients in a palliative care (hospice) setting can survive considerably longer -- e.G., recall the tragic case of Terri Schiavo, after her feeding and hydration were discontinued.

Stranded healthy miners, hikers, and sailors are typically subjected to dehydrating environmental and physiological stressors, which even very sick patients lying inert in a 70 degree Fahrenheit room needn't contend with. With reasonably healthy heart and other vital organ function, it is not uncommon for such patients to survive 6 or 7 days without  H2O. 

This situation can cause considerably more duress and emotional pain for family members than for the patient him/herself, who will be comatose or (at best) in a minimally conscious state before succumbing to dehydration-related heart and kidney failure. 

how many days can a person live without water?