xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Brian

Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail Or Gmail?

Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail or Gmail?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

my 1st ever email acct was Hotmail. but the space limits are too small so decided to switch to FastMail.

FastMail

Free

10 MB storage space

40 MB bw/month

IMAP/Web access

still using hotmail tho, as my secondary email.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try Gmail and you won't regreat it :D

Actually I use Gmail and I love this one ! 1Gb of storage (great if you use Gmail for a lot of time and you don't want to delete some mails :) ), a POP3 access (I don't use this one because I have the Gmail Notifier for Mozilla Firefox :D ), a spelling check (I never use this one... :rolleyes: ) and it is the FASTEST WebMail Box i think (GREAT ! B) ).

The problem is... They don't analyse mails with an Anti-Virus... But you don't receive a lot of spam like with Hotmail :)

Gmail is the best. The most important reason is speed. I don't know about others but for me it saves my lot of time. The attatchments are uploaded very fast on it just like any email client on your computer. And now free pop3 access is also possible which is of great use. Yahoo Mail cannot be accessed like this way and Hotmail only in Outlook or Incrdimail. So my vote for Gmail.

Well i voted for Yahoo.. As someone earlier pointed out .... considering all their services accounts to more than Google mail. Google offers a huge mail email account, a cool search engine and Frooogle. Oh yes and an image database too. But all this is there at Yahoo too, (maybe not very developed... but there). But Yahoo is quite old and i'd say that they are far better at offereing free services.Actually Hotmail (an indian Guy) started it out... I too had an hotmail account first... It was coool then. Those days everybody had only ISP email accounts. so another email address and that too web based was revolutionary..~!!!

I guess I would use my gmail for sending stuff but as far as just being able to read my mail and stuff like that I choose yahoo.

Recently I have gotten a Gmail account, after using it for a few days, I found that there are some functions of Gmail are petty user-friendly. Like when I want to download the attachments from some mails, I can download all the attachments all together using a .zip file instead of downloading each of them at a time like Yahoo Mail and Hotmail. In my opinion, it is really a very useful and good function to me.

I’ve been using Yahoo! Mail for more than 6 years,but I switched to Gmail as soon as it was introduced.I think it’s better,faster,more innovative,and all the other.The thing that I don’t like is when I try to check my e-mail on someone elses computer,which doesn’t have Internet Explorer 6 installed.That is really bad,because I need to check it quickly,and I can’t.

I have used all 3 in my life time and I can tell you that I preffer Gmail here are my opions on the other email clients and gmail.Yahoo: Yahoo Mail I belive to be much more stable than hotmail. It looks okay and it has a good amount of space for just email and its good because its free if you regerster for a website on yahoo.Hotmail/msn: In my opion the worst. My computer account is very limited and the fact I can go into other email clients and check my email with out hotmail giving an error and not loading and emails prove's Hotmail is bad. I now only use my hotmail account for msn.Gmail: Looks good, has alot of features and lot of space its the best email client out there at the momment.

I have used all 3 in my life time and I can tell you that I preffer Gmail here are my opions on the other email clients and gmail.

Yahoo: Yahoo Mail I belive to be much more stable than hotmail. It looks okay and it has a good amount of space for just email and its good because its free if you regerster for a website on yahoo.

Hotmail/msn: In my opion the worst. My computer account is very limited and the fact I can go into other email clients and check my email with out hotmail giving an error and not loading and emails prove's Hotmail is bad. I now only use my hotmail account for msn.

Gmail: Looks good, has alot of features and lot of space its the best email client out there at the momment.

42009[/snapback]

You got it down pat! Gmail doesnt have to load any obsured graphics or anything like hotmail so it cuts down the load time for a dial up user like me...

And i just like google ^^

I used Hotmail in the past. Right now (i suffered the 2 Mb hotmail mailbox for a long time) and now i use GMX. I think hotmail guys made a big mistake. They did not see Gmail coming to their market. In Spain almost all the market of free email was for hotmail (few used yahoo). Then Gmail entered into scene with a 1 Gb accounts and all the google reputation behind. Also the politic of giving a account through invitiations A lot of people moved to it. There was no hotmail reaction. It took months to Hotmail guy to realize that they must give much more mailbox space or they will lose everyone. Finally they gave 250 Mb. Not too bad but too late. Gmail gave a big bite to the market.
However i do not have an gmail account because i read they parse every email and with this result they show publicity. For me that is totally unmoral, even if they justified that all the mail is only read by machines.

hands down, gmail is the winner. :P although i keep an email with yahoo, i rarely open my yahoo emails and simply use the account to access other yahoo services like their yahoo instant messenger (but still, only on occasions when i'm in the mood to chat with anybody) and their yahoogroups. hotmail, i have one too, but i couldn't care less if they shut off my account with them. :P i don't even remember my hotmail password. :P

I,ve always and am currently using Hotmail, mainly because its easy and I cant be bothered to find anything else, also they have upgraded it recently, but I also use my hosting account e-mail from hear, because @dontmaimyourself.trap17.com is far superior (in my opinion) than @hotmail.com. Plus Hotmail aint that bad and can be easily accessed from any pc.