xisto Community
Bluebear

Always Hungry

LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. I promise you that will come in handy one day.When your body is telling you that you are hungry, you will NOT gain weight if you eat until you're content. Fat people eat when they're bored, happy, sad, or whatever excuse they can come up with! And they eat until they're uncomtortable!I'm not sure yow old you are, but did you know that you will grow until you are 21? So I believe your mom is right when she says you are still a growing boy, and it IS normal to eat a lot. If you're in your teens, you should drink 3 glasses of any kind of milk daily, lots of veggies (frozen are fine, or uncooked, or steamed) and protein. (Lean beef, fish, chicken, turkey, eggs.)Mike

I have the same problem, no matter how much I eat I can never get full! Luckily, I have an extremly fast metabolism, so I never gain weight either.

I never stop eating, it drives my mum mad, even as we speak im eating a bowl of Weatabix.

There are a few solutions to stop you being hungry all the time. If you go into your local pharmacy you can pick up diet pills, that stop you feeling hungry. These should be used wisely though, as they can fool the body into thinking you don't need food when you do. You could also choose to eat healthy food, you still eat a lot but it won't do as much damage as eating junk food.

I would not reccomend trying to stop this if you are a teen, or younger. just as Organized said, you grow till 21, and you should not gain weight if you eat till you are content- eat any more and you could put on wight, but just listen to your body.

I choose to do neither, as I never put on weight anyway. I have never heard of anyone else with this same problem before, I really hate it when I eat so much, I just thank god for my fast metabolism, I eat loads and never put on wight. I'm one of those hateful people apparantly. :lol:

Thanks.

You're not that thin. Your weight seems all right to me. I'm 160cm and I weigh 45kg and the people around me and myself think I look fine.

Is this just a recent problem? You might want to consult a doctor if it doesn't cease, because it could be parasites in your stomach or something.

You don't have to worry that you seem to eat a lot more for breakfast than your friends. Breakfast is actually the most important meal of the day, and it is good to start the day with a good breakfast. Different people have different appetites. Maybe you need to eat much more for breakfast, and that's all right. You don't have to compare yourself with your friends. Perhaps if you ate as much as you want for breakfast, your problem may go away.

Edited by bishoujo (see edit history)

I live in America (USA). I have gotten alot of information thrown at me throughout the years about diet. This is a compilation of what I've come to conclude in my opinion.*) Diet pills. Stay away from them. Most will raise your metabolism (make you hungry again, lol), and without any food in you to burn as energy, you can suffer heart problems among other things. Once you stop the diet pills, it's like stopping caffeine intake or nicotine from cigarettes. You could put on more pounds than you had before. America looks for the quick fix, not good. I don't know how popular diet pills are elsewhere, but I heard England is getting fat also as it adapts some of America's ways. Overall, diet pills are damaging. People that want to lose the pounds, need to exercise, not rely on a pill. Exercise can be walking to and from school, cleaning up around the house, and doing chores. Don't be lazy couch potatoes watching TV or sit on the computer all day.*) Breakfast. You say you eat only a few pieces of bread. Great! Some people don't eat anything for breakfast. But think about this rationally. If you are just waking up from an 8 hour sleep, you haven't eaten anything for 8 hours. Do you midnight snack? It might help. You should eat large for breakfast. Make breakfast your dinner of the day. You will need energy throughout the day. Make it feel like an olympic breakfast. A full stomach will make you feel good, not tired, not right after waking up. Without focus being on your stomach, you'll be better off focusing on other things. Then for the rest of the day, eat small amounts whenever you feel hungry. *) Don't ignore hunger or you can actually end up gaining weight as a result! This is because your body freaks out and stores whatever fat it can as it doesn't know when the next meal is. Eat at the same times everyday. Your body will adapt the routine and start producing stomach acids to help digest food because it expects it. People that eat at random times are susceptible to heartburn and acid reflux (both suck). If you have either of those, a spoonful of vinegar will help or any acidic drink like apple or orange juice. WHAT? Yea! Read the ingredient on alka-selzer (which helps also). The main ingredient is citric acid! :lol: When I switched to 3rd shift working overnight, my sleep and eating routine changed and I had horrible heartburn to contend with at times. Now my body adjusted to the routine of when I eat and I no longer get heartburn.*) Dinner. You are about to go to sleep soon for 8 hours or however long. Your body won't be burning barely any calories. If you eat right before you go to bed, sure it feels good having a stomach full of food and may even help you fall asleep, but all that food gets turned to energy while you sleep and because you're not using it, it gets stored as fat. It's more difficult to burn your stored fat than burn any food that hasn't been converted to fat yet. A lot of people that aren't fat that I know, won't eat for a couple hours before they sleep. I always thought that was weird, but their physique shows proof.*) 30 minutes? A meal could be prepared in 10 minutes and shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes to eat. If it takes you longer to eat, you're probably eating too much. It takes longer for your body to realize you're full and if you're still eating, what then? During those 15 minutes, you shouldn't focus on anything else. When you eat 3 pieces of toast for those 30 minutes, what else are you doing? Can you do that stuff in 15 minutes if you devote the other 15 to making a good breakfast? What about stopping for breakfast somewhere on the way to school? Eat while you go to school if you don't have time. Sure the first few times you make a good breakfast for yourself, it will take a bit longer, but you'll get quicker at preparing food for yourself.*) If you ever worry about putting on pounds by eating so much, don't worry. As long as you're eating large and aren't lazy, you won't gain pounds, you'll be happier with more energy to do more things. There are foods, like corn, that inhibit your body from storing fat. Look into it. Mexican food, if you've ever had it, sometimes has guacamole and beans (both fattening if you're lazy), sometimes it's really greasy also, and you'd think it all to be a big fat project, hehe. But most of the people eat that food with corn tortillas and cook alot of things with corn and greasy oils, etc, yet stay very active in their lives. Not often do I see a fat Mexican person. They're not so influenced by watching TV all day or sitting on a computer. I see some fat Mexican people, but those people are drinking alot of beer or aren't very active or they're oaxacan (wo-hock-an) and are predisposed for it. I am half Mexican if you're wondering where the comments are coming from. Spicy foods can keep your metabolism high as well.*) When you eat food, pay attention to the recommended portion sizes. A 20 oz. bottle of soda will actually say 2 or 3 servings. What happens to people who simply eat or drink the entire package? They end up with more than they can use and start putting on the pounds. No good! Thirst is easily mistaken for hunger. If you're hungry, drink some fluids, if you're not hungry anymore, it means you were just thirsty. If you ate instead, again.. more than your body needs. Don't make the mistake of looking at the grams of fat on the nutrition labels and thinking that will automatically be fat in your own body. If you eat a fatty food, just like other foods, it will be broken down to simple and complex sugars before your body even thinks of storing it as its own fat. Stay active!Personally, I follow this but I don't think about it to do it, it's just how I eat. I don't get sick very often, and I'm an average physique. I am on the computer alot, but because I usually eat the most in the beginning of the day and go walking around alot and work at a factory, my weight hasn't changed for years. Always 180lbs, 5'7". I basically eat what I want, whenever I'm hungry. No special diet except that I eat the most in the beginning of the day instead of at the end. It's when I get depressed and start eating less is when I actually gain 20 lbs. Once I'm free of the depression, I enjoy food in all its glory and eat alot, I end up losing 20 lbs! The act of eating food will increase your metabolism.I know this all may seem contradictory to what people say, but I've paid attention to how people eat and what they ever say about it, and this is my opinion.

Edited by adrianator (see edit history)

Hi. I do not know if this is the right forum to post this in, so sorry if it is.
I have a horrible problem. This is an extremely annoying problem, that I really hate.
Every morning I eat three slices of dark bread. I need 30 minutes everyday so I can eat breakfast. I do not have more time to eat,
if I did I would eat more. Three slices is much... most of my friends eats one, and some nothing.

After about one hour at school I get hungry. Really hungry. My tummy makes these horrible noises, and I always hate when some of my classmates notice this. I eat and eat, but I always get hungry really quickly. I am not fat at all. My friends always tells my how thin I am, and that they would wish they looked like me. But I hate it. Do you have any idea of how horrible it makes me feel? I am 161 cm tall, and 53 kg.

So I need some help, or advice from you.
Got any advices about what I can eat, so I do not get hungry? Or anything else? I would really appreciate your help, because this is something that bothers me everyday at school.

Try to take much protein and less fat but not too less. The Good thing is that in resent research scientists have found that protein satisfies more than fat and carbohydrate that means once you start taking protein you will feel hunger vary less.

You should defiantly talk to your doctor. Most likely it wont be anything but you could have a thyroid condition. This is very easily treated. In the morning, go with whole grains. Whole grain carbohydrates will keep you fuller longer. Also try to have some protein, proteins will keep you full. Perhaps try having a whole grain egg sandwich? For during the day, pack nuts. Nuts are very high in protein and calories for a small amount. Nuts will keep you full. Most importantly is drink a lot of water. I mean a lot, i drink almost a gallon a day. Not only does it keep you full, but you will see many other benefits of increased water intake.Hope this helped.