xisto Community
googlue

How Did You Hear About This Forum word

I don't know if I previously posted on this topic about how I found this forum, but I really don't remember how I found it. I know that at the time that I found it, it was called Xisto. I believe I found it on Google while searching for a free host, and I remember going to a website with a lot of flash in it, and then clicking onto the forum and posting in order to get credits for hosting. After that, I soon left because I didn't need hosting anymore, and plus I didn't have time the post. At that time the plans sucked also, and new host were coming out that required less posting and their plans were much larger. I think the main plan here was like 500mb of disk space at most and maybe a gig or two of bandwidth. Then there was also an upload limit on top of that. So, there were other host that were more appealing, and had better plans, and I think that may be way Xisto went down in the first place. Hosting became cheaper, move available, and free in way more places. When I joined Xisto, free hosting was very hard to find. I remember using a free hosting that was constantly down. I knew the owner, and I think he was on a reseller, because the thing was down for hours at a time, and they always claimed to be working on the servers - in reality they couldn't work on the servers because it was a reseller. I wish I would have remembers the people hosting them, because it was obviously a very crappy business. So Xisto was like gold when I found it. They didn't provide much space, but it was always up. However, there are so many reliable free host now that its really a huge competition, and I think that Xisto is losing primarily because of its failure to market the website. It has a wide range on topics on this forum, even though I think it should be cut down a bit. I liked Xisto as a domain name better - it was cooler - but the site has something going for it. I think the forum should be downsized. Maybe cut around 15-20% of the topics, a lot of them are redundant anyway and can be combined into one.

hmm i found this forum this way : i had one website that was served on a 32$ per year server someday i received an e-mail from my provider saying that they are closing down their services, then i decided to find a hosting service provider which is like 5 years or more old (i really don't like host gator) so i searched all over the web and find some. in my list Xisto was the third website, i visited those other and they didn't really suite me because most of service providers are providing some services with unlimited bandwidth or disk space with little monies which i think is not very reliable so i visited this site and i found that services here are great and the payment method for me (who is a forum lover) is just nice. anyway after i find this website and started my activity my previous host decided not to close down and so i thought its a great opportunity to make another website too which i'm currently working on.

I discovered this site about 8 months ago when I looked up how to get a free top-level domain and free hosting and I came across Xisto. One of the results from Google sent me to Xisto.com and I got redirected to Xisto.com. I was grateful that there was a link on how to get free hosting on the portal.My first impression of Xisto - Free Hosting.com was that this service could actually be legitimate and I was sold. It was so easy to follow and before you know it, I on my way to getting my hosting.I was interested at how you could post on forums and in turn . . . get a free TLD + free hosting. I decided to join a few months later and never looked back. I am quite content with the quality hosting offered here. I have never had a problem for the two months that I have been here. Even if I someday have money to buy my own hosting, I probably won't leave Xisto for other webhosts.Before I came here, I used 000webhost which I thought was amazing (100GB monthly bandwidth, 10 GB webspace, etc.) and I used a co.cc domain with it and I was satisfied until one day they randomly decided to ban my account from their services. I never received an email from them and when I sent tickets multiple times without getting a reply back.

I was looking up the topic "skipping school" because I write online (contrbutor.yahoo.com previously associatedcontent.com) and our local papter says that we have an all time high of kids skipping school and I was looking for some background content to go with the article and this came up in google search.

I have found this site checking page ranking of different hosting website on

HypeStat.

I am surprised of ranking and reputation of this site.

Xisto.Com - Website Report

Xisto.com receives about 7,187 unique visitors and 29,469 (4.10 per visitor) page views per day which should earn about $23.93/day from advertising revenue. Estimated site value is $9,161.27. According to Alexa Traffic Rank Xisto.com is ranked number 66,329 in the world and 0.00224% of global Internet users visit it. This site has Google page rank of 4. Site is hosted in Lansing, MI, 48917, United States and links to network IP address 69.16.204.93.

I started out on a similar forum (based in England), however, I cannot for the life of meremember the name of the place (after all, I have been here for some five and a half years, ie. since 2007).

The forum I mentioned also provided "post2host" services, meaning, it provided you with web space and web hosting and all the usual services, which you paid for by posting in the forums.

After a while, however, the forum manager (a young man from England, whose name I once again fail to remember), closed the activities down, I believe he kept the forum, but stopped the post2host service (I know, my memory is letting me down badly), if I am not mistaken, I believe he could not carry on because he was the sole person responsible for the forum and the workload was getting too much for him.

However, when he was about to stop, he was friendly enough to

Give us plenty of notice

Refer us to a place where we could get the same services he provided, that place was good old Trap 17 (that means here).

That is how I first learned about post2host services and how I discovered this place, and, as you can see, after 5 years and five months (to be exact) I am still here, and why change when you get what you want?

I can not remember where I heard about Xisto (it was in a forum or something another member was advertising it talking it up and all so I thought I would give it a try since he/she seemed to enjoy it) I have being here for one year, have not had hosting yet with Xisto but great community met some lovely people maybe some day I will go the hosting route but never seemed interested so far even though that is why I came in the first place. btw Pillar7680 thank you for starting up an old topic.

Like many, I found this forum through Google when I was looking for some tips on hosting, but the decision to join appeared after searching for a new host and in order to find out everything in more detail I entered.