xisto Community
anwiii

Dish Network - Scam Scam Scam! Do Not Trust Them!

btw- seems like i got a lot of responses while i was away. i encourage everyone that ever had the slightest problem with dish network, even if it wasn't as excessive as mine or others, to post about your problems. let your voice be heard! it wont solve your main problem, but will make you feel a little better to get it out and to make a stand to say that the way dish network treats its subscribers is not right at all! i thank all that have posted on my original topic. didn't think i would get such a large reply from others here and i am glad to see i am not alone in this battle. i know several people have sued dish or actually i believe its echo star? and won even after signing a contract with them. dish makes it very difficult to resolve problems unless you take them to court and taking the to court is just another hassle and takes time to prepare your case against them. they know they have you by the balls and will take advantage of it and your wasted time they don't seem to care about. they will procrastinate and tell you what you have to do until you persist enough and stand up against them. at that time, they will usually give in. and for what? hours and hours of your time and effort, after all the stress you went through and frustrations. they don't care about those things until they know you are really serious. when they finally give in, it almost seems not worth it. they know that and plan on people just giving up and paying the few extra bucks that ads up to hundreds of dollars through your contract with them.for me, it's not worth it to stay with them. i plan on finding other means or no cable or satalite at all. my time is valuable and it's better spent elsewhere rather than hours on the phone for their own fraudulent and scamming ways to get people to subscribe to them.also, if i haven't said this yet in a previous post, dish networks affiliates are the biggest scam artists. they will tell you all sorts of lies just to sign up with them so they can earn their 50 dollars or so in commision. when you finally deal with dish network directly, it's a whole other ballgame that people need to be aware about. so NEVER believe the one signing you up, and never believe in the ads you see in print. there is much much more to it that what is told to you and what you read so don't be fooled!

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

how can they do this?

My husband and I allowed my brother to live with us a couple months ago. While they lived here, we used our personal credit card to set up his Dish Network account. After he moved out (on bad terms), we opened our own account with Dish, and used my mother in laws card (we were changing banks). Now, his account has been cancelled, and they are charging my mother in laws card all kinds of fees. The two accounts have NOTHING to do with each other, and he did not use her card, we did. How can they say they are just charging this to the card he used upon his initial start up? He did NOT use her card. Yet, they are charging her amounts from $2 all the way up to $400! Nothing is adding up here, and it has us all very frustrated. Is this a fraud thing taking the money from her, or is Dish just all screwed up?

-reply by Renee Henderson

DISH NETWORK SCAM

They too have scammed us! We canceled after 3 years of faithful service. And Two months later they charge our credit card for $400 dollars without even notifying us. A $400 charge on my credit card for no reason, no explanation, nothing!

So we called Dish, they saying we haven't paid our bill, that the box and satalight dish is a lease unit, so we must return to receive credit refund of $400. So I looked at the contract, NO LEASE anywhere stated on the paperwork! They lied! They are SCAMING US!

When we cancelled, the agent didn't say this, no letter was sent, no box or shipping instructions were ever sent. Nothing! Just a $400 charge on my credit card.

We asked them how do we get the dish off the house? They said climb on a ladder and get it! BS!! They still haven't sent a letter to confirm this charge, still haven't sent a box or shipping instructions on where to send back the box or dish.

We are still in the mist of this fight! I'm just glad to hear we are not the only victims!

Scammed

Replying to anwiii I was also scammed. I was told if I do a 2 year contract that I would recieve a check for 100.00 in the mail. I ask if they really sent me a check that I can cash for money in the amount of 100.00. They said yes, it is a promotion. I applied for Dish. They never sent the check. I called after 3 months and ask why. They told me I had to send in a rebate before a certain date to recieve it. I was never told this. I called Dish, they said they are not responsible for what these promoters do. I told them that it is hurting the Dish name. They were sorry. WELL, I am sick of this crap. I have to go thru this all the time. I am not going to anymore. I am going to fight them until I get my 100.00. I will do what ever it takes. Judge Judy here I come.

-feedback by Debra Cox

if anyone thinks dish network is using FRAUD to lure consumers, please post a reply. we need everyone's support to inform people so they don't see their money taken by dish network's creative fraud techniques. be a part of the solution!!!

debra- alot of people have been scammed with fraud by dish network. i'm sorry you didn't recieve your check. if they tell you that they aren't liable, DO NOT believe them. if they are paying someone to promote something, then they are liable in how their affiliates promote to get a commision. most of them lie just to get a commision. now i was promised $50 back in credit when i first started. they said i had to fill out some rebate crap. i never did. i called them directly a month later and argued for at least an hour on the phone....but i was on the phone for about 2 hours because all the wait time and transfering to supervisors.

i have dish network figured out now and it's a shame that more people will fall for their fraudulent scams. this is why i started this thread and this is why i am informing everyone possible against dish network. the only time i ever had any peace was when i finally found out the direct phone# to their office in colorado. i spoke to a manager and the took off a whole bunch of false charges. i found that if i talk and persist long enough, i get my way, but i don't persist anymore because it's not worth my time or energy. i get too stressed out.

i eventually cancelled my credit card and stopped paying them a single penny for their service. i don't plan on returning the dish or the recievers. they can't charge me because i canceled my credit card. i've hear HORROR stories how they will charge you for things they shouldn't including cancelling an account and charging up to $800 for recievers and the dish. i've even heard a story of someone getting charged 5 years after they cancelled. i've heard stories how dish network charges people when someone moves in to a home who had dish, and owes dish. that's why i canceled my credit card on that particular account.

debra, i would cancel your account with dish and cancel your credit card so they can't charge you. then get direct t.v.. it's a little more expensive, but well worth it. i haven't heard nearly the horror stories from direct tv as i have from dish AND from my own personal knowledge of dish and the stress and confusion they cause.

dish is a huge company. they figure most people wont take them to court. but guess what, out of all the times they have been taken to court, the majority of times they have been found guilty and have been forced to pay back what they owe to their consumers. BUT! the majority of time the consumers don't go as far as taking dish network to court. i am one of them. another hassle. i would just rather inform people the best i know how.

as of this posting, there are 400,000 results for the key word "dish network fraud". in google now, this thread is #5 and #6(in the top 10). ALSO!!! as of this posting, there are 600,000 results for the keyword "dish network scam". CHECK THIS OUT! in google now, this thread is #1 and #2 in the search results for DISH NETWORK SCAM.

to me this is amazing and i am so happy to see those results in a thread i was dedicated to get high in the search results on the biggest search engine. thank you Xisto for helping me on my mission!

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

Wow i feel really sorry for you that you lost this much money and was scammed by such a big company, i guess just cause they are big doesn't mean they arn't scammers!Thanks for informing me i really appreciate it.

I have had a simular problem with att mobility. I was to get credit for my activation fee for a promotion they were running that month plus a 50 mail in debit card for the phone. Well im a big into texting and working at a radio station talking is not always an option. So I signed up for unlimited media messaging "as they call it". When my first bill came I didn't recieve any credit and was charged for every picture message I sent because of the data. Well I realize that mistakes happen from time to time so I called the company. I guess they dont have call centers in the us because I never get anyone that can speak english. The woman was rude and said they never credit activation fee and they data usage was in the brochure. Well now im mad because I was told one thing and they didnt honor that. So I asked to speak to a sup and was placed on hold for forever. After what seemed like 30 minutes I finally get a gentleman who says they will go ahead and credit the activation fee and the data (which wasnt that much). I was glad. He said my account will reflect the new balance in a few days and to use the automated system to check my balance. Well 5 business days go by no change so I spoke to a rep. Which they told me they saw no credit. Ok so now im pissed. They transfer me to a retention dept. The woman there worked with me to cancel my service. I now am with alltel and have never been happier.

This isnt the only problem I've heard about Dish Network.Some of my neighbors are having trouble with Dish Nework too. People come and install, and they charge you. Then a few days later, it gets knocked off beam with the satellite, and they come out again. Then they charge you, AGAIN! And it's not even your fault....

contract

So I just got dish installed today, they took 5 hours just to install. When the guy is finished he was like this paper is to let you kno your gonna be in a 2 yr agreement, and I'm like noo over the phone I told the rep that I didnt want to be under contract so I will pay the 99$ fee and I'm like I cant pay it now but I can start off with 25$ so the rep was like let me get your credit card number so since I didnt have the full amount I was like yall can install next week. But then again they came out a week earlier and the rep had it like it was ok to pay 25$ now and pay the rest later. So the installer guy calls customer service and told them I'm not suppose to be under a 2 yr contract, and the rep said, we don't see anyting on file about that, and we don't even have a credit card number on file . But umm yes they did I gave them my discovery card number, and shes all well the account has already been activated there is nothing I can d, even if you do give the 99$ .I mean the only reason I went to dish is because I didnt want to be under contract; Thats why I didnt sign up wit Direct Tv. But my question is do you guys think its possible to get this issue resolved ?

-question by Brittany

dish network - fraud or scam - YOU decideDish Network - Scam Scam Scam! Do Not Trust Them!

Yes they are a scam company. I have one year left on a twoYear contract with them. I called them regarding an email they sent to me aboutA promotion 25.00 or less for HD upgrade. The guy on the phone said it would be50.00 I then said no I am calling about the email you guys sent to me for 25.00Or less. He then paused and stated it would be 50.00 to upgrade. I asked toSpeak to his supervisor and then he waited a few moments and said yes sir I canDo that for 25.00. To be honest I felt like I was dealing with a used carSalesman. I hung up and will wait out my next 12 months and switch to Direct TV.I have been with Dish Network for over 10 years. What a company!

-reply by Jeff

DISH NEXTWORK SCAM - through ALOHA communicationsDish Network - Scam Scam Scam! Do Not Trust Them!

DO NOT GET DISH NETWORK AT ALL!

Aloha communications were the retailers that set me up and my bill is way higher than promised and/or communicated to me.

-Mehul Shah

AT&T/DishNetwork Fraudulent Promo-- Not Even Eligible ForDish Network - Scam Scam Scam! Do Not Trust Them!

SCAM and FRAUD. 

We signed up for Dish through AT&T, who called us and told us that if we bundled with them we could get Dish free for a year.

The next month, our bill comes and we're charged for Dish, we call and are told that it was taken care of--  there was an online rebate form we WEREN'T told about, but that they "fixed it". The next month our bill comes and we are charged again.  (In case you're keeping count, we're up to two lies so far).  We call about it, and lo and behold we "WEREN'T EVEN ELIGIBLE" for the package we were sold.  (lie #3). 

Since we had been given the run-around about our bills for 2 months running, and were going to have to NOW pay for that "FREE" first year, we told them, "Forget it, we want to cancel". 

It starts getting good now-  they are going to charge us a $220 cancellation fee for a service we were fraudulently sold, since we "weren't eligible" for that package.  Nice, huh? 

After many many hours on the phone, being transferred hither and yon, and having conference calls with AT&T and DishNetwork, AND after I wrote letters to the FCC, FTC, State Attorney's Office, and the BBB, AT&T calls us and says, "Okay, we'll pay your disconnect fee, BUT, you have to let DishNetwork charge the credit card you opened the account with before we will send you the check for reimbursement".

Unfortunately, we have cancelled several credit cards lately, and we needed to know which card they were going to charge.  NO ONE could tell us-- after countless more hours on conference calls, on hold, and repeating this story over and over ad nauseum, we are told, "The system that holds the credit cards number that the account was started on is an UNREADABLE SYSTEM, so no, neither AT&T nor DishNetwork can tell us which card is to be charged with our cancellation. 

So now, we are terminating the DishNetwork, and are in the process of reporting ALL our credit and debit cards lost or stolen, which is the only way we can see out of this mess.  We haven't even gotten to the part where we send back the equipment and are charged some kind of fee for that yet, as well as the part where they send out a guy to take the dish and we are charged for that.  I'm ready to file a lawsuit, as I have spent hours on the phone with these idiots.

We now have a different cable provider, and our phone and internet are bundled with them. AT&T lost a customer they have had for years, and it's their fault.  DishNetwork now has a very angry ex-customer who is still writing letters to the powers-that-be.  And we are gonna be out more money to these thieves before it is all over, I'm pretty sure.

Stay away.  Very very far away from this company, and their third party providers too.  

-reply by Cinda Nicholson

From the initial pages I have read, I wonder how big giant companies like these get away like this. You did the right this Anwii. I feel for you, with all the stress and emotional pain you have gone through.Over here where I live, Cable companies don't really charge our credit cards that way. They come to your house to collect payments. That way we have the possiblity to vent all out on them and return them back without any payments.We don't really sign any contracts with people and in the case with me I take my time to read the contracts.If I don't pay their bills, most of the time the service gets cancelled in a month or two or more.Mostly we don't really have any problems since there are more than one service providers here for different services so we have choices and the companies try to maintain their service track record in order to get some good sales.Hope all the problems you have are settles once and for all. Do change the service after the contract period runs out and call your credit card company to not bill anything to the Dish network so the cancellation is confirmed.

dishnetwork doesnt not work at all;; if you want to get it, your better off hacking their system and not paying a dime =Xmuahahhaa. uhmm. didnt hear it from me though/another company is american online//we previously looked at our creditcard statement and turns out, they've been withddrawing the montly fee for the last 4 years, even though we canceled the service 4 years ago.and ofcourse they refuse to return the money

I beg to differ. The REAL pain in the *bottom* is Direct tv. Cheaters like this one think they are smart. I was with Dish for 2 and a half years and decided one day I was going to switch. I called direct tv and inquired about the specials and picked a package. Long story short, They came out and spent 3 hours doing a hook up and then brought the wrong equipment out that never worked. Another tech came out that evening and tried to fix the first problem and was as dumb if not dumber than the first one. Nothing fixed!

Called to complain and got tech support. Tried all options...NOTHING. Called back wanting refund. Big HUGE issue. Cancellation was $475.00 for early termination. WHAT?, YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! But after talking to about 3 or 4 supervisors and using every name I could think of, I finally pulled out the rule book. If anything remember this, " DECEPTIVE TRADE PRACTICE". It protects the consumer against the bull**** that companies use to screw the public. 

They still got me for $122.00 but needless to say I went back to Dish and have no problems and better equipment. Cost me $39.00 to reinstall the service but it was worth it.

Hope this helps.

Dave