xisto Community
anwiii

Dish Network - Scam Scam Scam! Do Not Trust Them!

I live in the Western US, near a city, but far enough out that no cable TV is available. I've had a Dish system for nearly 10 years. Most of the time things are fine. Nearly always works, good programming options. But they do have fees that aren't shown in their ads. DVR usage fees, $5 to drop programming, rental fees. Dealing with them has at times been frustrating, but all in all, they have been better to deal with than computer tech support. I am contemplating changing to HD satellite, but don't know that Direct TV would be any better.Emerger

AH--------Another disatisfied dish customer-imagine that- are there any plans going to boycot this company, or to just down right sue them as scam artist? Please let me know. I would like to know what I can do to help put dish out of business for ever! Lets face it, instead of helping feed the hands of possible terrorist, should we as american stick with local tv cable companies! we know where our personal info is! we can understand the rep! and we can handle any lawsuit locally under that states laws!! We as americans should be smarter! Keep with your local cable company, stop using dish! Its funny I have went through the same b. S. As all of you, overcharge, price going up, for a whole year I would only pay past due amount this month (and many other months) I would let it get interupted befor I would find time to run pay 40 - 50 dollors to have it turned back on, but this month they wanted 61.99 on april 5 by 1am, well I fell asleep, went to pay the next day- nope now they need the hole amount including what would be my current bill thats not even due, so 10 hours made the difference on how much I could pay- but that wasn't the kicker, it was that fake supervisors attitude with me- so over 77 dollars they would rather be very very very rude with a year long customer and lose me-they won't charge crap to my credit card, because if I call my company, I will tell them they are not allowed to take any money off that account, and that card will obide by my request, if they put it on my credit, well thats going to hurt ha ha 12 neg items, no positives, all are companies that tried to scam me and I don't pay scammers, pay cash for what I want, no worries about identity theft or these scammers. I plan on going to my local cable company. Would like to help anyway possible to stop dish from being in business- for one month I got 2-$5 discounts, promised these on each reciever, but don't you know, bill has been raised and I only get one $5 credit- does anyone know this answer? I paid $250 up front-according to them for my equipment. So isn't it my equipment? so they can't charge me for it or ask for it back- I know they told me I was buying the equipment up front since my credit was bad, so why they charge me $5 for reciever fees and then give it back is stupid anyway. Its my stuff, that was what they told me and I will be keeping it. They are scammers and third world terrorist contributors as far as I am concerned. Lets get the word out-stay local, stay american! please let me know anything I can do to help fight these scammers!-reply by carrie

Dish Network and high cancellation fees

Stay away Dish Network, they promise less dropouts then cable, don't beleive it! My Girlfriend was ready to cancel because of the dropouts and because we had a Tech come out and he was blamming it on a ten year old tree and we had to trim or cut it down. I wasn't yelling but said in a loud voice that we arn't cutting it down. He left because he said he wasn't going to listen to me yelling at him. We decided we would cancel but they told us it would cost 700.00 to cancel. That is a ripoff! I've emailed the CEO at Ecostar and they emailed back and said they would call us.

-reply by Roger

Dish Network Bait and Switch SCAM

Check this out -- We had dishnetwork for a year - got an offer for directv - so took it - dishnetwork called us every month wanting our buisnees back - a week ago we got the install - today I get the bill for 189+ buck. *** is this? our deal was 1st month free, 3 month of movie channel and 27.99 a month for a year (that was w $10 off every month). I call em - got hung up on from the first chinese lady, I call back and get a dude - GOOD I said to myself... Then he starts his crap - my computer is slow today... (yeah right I say to myself) - he says some crap bout charging $5 cause we don't have a phone line attached - "Why do I need a phone line attached?" I ask dude. "So we can upload new info to your receiver" I say "how do you do that if the phone is on the hook" - he says "We dial out from your phone" I say "so you hijack our telephone" he says "hold on a minute" - Then I get some crusty hag and do the run down with her again - Now her computer is slow and a technician just happens to come by and tells her she has to reboot her computer... What a bunch of crap... She says you bill is 59... Blah blah - I said "NO - by bill should be the 27.99 like you promised me on the phone.. First month free. She says "we bill in advance" I say "well if the first month is free my bill is 27.99" - well her mysterially computer "crashed" - she says she will fix it when it comes back up... She said after the computers cycle tonight my bill will be 27.99 + tax and if just send in $30 it should be ok... - Well Tell ya what I'm ready for tommorrow cause I'm gonna be on the phone all f'and day - they are either gonne give me my 27.99 as promised or I'm gonna tell them to come get thier crap outa my house and jam it up thier *bottom* - I will gladly pay directv 200 bucks to rehook us back up...

-reply by Sean

Replying to Trap FeedBacker OK - as promised here is my update. - I got up the next morning and called - first guy I talked to was Jay - (I remember him from 3 years ago - I went through the deal with him - he said "There was no written contract" - I said "cmon bro - don't start with that crap" - he said "hold please" - OH - I forgot to tell you - I was recording the conservation as it is legal in the State where I live as long as one person knows... 3 minutes later after they BLARED some elevator music - J comes back and says hold on we are working on it. 5 minutes later - he comes back and says the same thing... - after 20 minutes total on hold - he comes back and says I owe nothing ! he said your account is zero and normal billing will continue in JUne. - Thats my update... All I can assume is they went back through thier RECORDINGS as they record conversations also - they also figured out I would continue to call them until they did what they said they would. - So my advice is don't let them take your dough - they try to do that cause most people just pay it... And some people like me have zero tolerance for corporate liars. They are predators who prey on people who don't have the time to stay on the phone all day and prey on folks who do not like to confront others... Take my advice and stay on them and don't let those predators take the money you worked hard for... There are plenty of others to steal your money like oil companies, grocery stores and taxes. Sean Out!-reply by Sean

Dish Network HIDDEN Receiver Rental Fee

I too am having some serious issues with Dish Network. I have been subscribing to DN for 7 years as a standard customer and owned my own receiver. Well with the wife�s nagging I upgraded to HD with DVR � what a mistake. The add said �Free Installation�, �Free Equipment�, �Add DishHD High Defintion channels for as low as $10 a month� here check it out for yourself:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Notice it says �Free Equipment and Installation� will guess what I find on my bill � a month fee of $7.00 for equipment rental. I have called several times, last time I kept asking to speak to that persons boss. Finally spoke to Mark Montoya who told me he would send me a copy of my contract (which I have a was reading to him) but this will take 6 to 8 weeks.

Well I called back before I posted this and spoke to Alex (he wouldn�t give me his last name). Now I am being told I have to pay the equipment rental because I pre-pay my bill yearly. So I say $30/yr by pre-paying but they are charging me $84/yr for the equipment. What a freaking rip off. Alex said I can ONLY change my account billing during my annual renewal time, which of course means I need to pay for another 9 months before I can straighten this out. I told Alex that 30 days prior to my renewal I will be cancelling my account. Which is ironic because this all started with offers from DTV which seemed better. My brother signed up with DTV, I will check with him about their �FEES�

My next step is to write the CEO of Dish Network:

CEO Charlie Ergen

Dish Network

P.O. BOX 9033

LITTLETON, Colorado, 80160

You.S.A.

-reply by Chili_Willy

dish tv

Dish TV has either government operatives or organized crime personnel fiddling with its programming. You can bank on that. BET ON IT. Any one who tells you differently is a fool or a liar. HAVE A NICE DAY.

-reply by Bobby

dish sales misrepresentation

Replying to anwiii

I had been a subscriber to Direct TV for several years, but decided to try Dish Network since according to their phone sales person, they would provide me with everything I had been receiving from Direct TV plus more for about $20 less per month than what I had been paying Direct TV. I did not get a bill until the second month of my service and found that it was substantially more than what they had promised and more than what I had been paying to Direct TV. I called customer service, but they said I signed a contract and there is nothing that can be done except to downgrade the service. They did not appear to accept responsibility for the apparent misrepresentations made by their sales person. It seems that according to Dish Network, the company always right in any dispute with a customer. Fortunately, I did not give them my credit card number. Instead, they have threatened to have a collection agency go after me for what they are billing. I may go back to Direct TV if Dish Network hasn't ruined my credit.

-reply by bob

Unauthorized Charge on Debit Card for $400, Dish Claims Equipment Not Returned

Dish network has ripped me off repeatedly since I signed with them almost a year and a half ago but this week was the worst yet. I happened to look at my bank balance online and saw a $400 debit from Dish. I immediately called to find out what it was, thinking they must have made a mistake. I was told that it was a charge for equipment that was not returned. Not true. On March 24 I had installers come to the house to replace a non-functioning 622 receiver with a 722 that has been working fine since. They took the old unit with them! Maybe they never logged it back in or something but that is not my problem.

So after spending a while on the phone with someone whose accent I couldn't understand, I was finally told that they would look into it but it would take 2 to 3 weeks. I got agitated at this point and said no way--why should it take 2-3 weeks to reverse a fraudulent charge. The woman then agreed to have it taken care of in 3-5 days but something about her told me she was just trying to get me off the phone.

So just to be sure I called again today. I got someone who looked up my case and again told me it would take 3-5 days but he had to check with the dispatcher to find out if the equipment was ever returned. I repeated again that it was not a matter of it being 'returned' because they took the broken unit with them. I have now been on hold for at least a half hour while he supposedly gets in touch with the dispatcher (on a Friday afternoon--yeah, right). I've written this entire report while on hold. I do not expect him to even come back on the phone--I'm giving it another few minutes and then I'm giving up. Monday I will go to my bank and file a fraudulence claim.

By the way the 622 unit that was replaced was the third one that had the exact same technical problem where the unit would suddenly stop working and try to restart itself contiunually. They sent me replacement units (and yes, I sent back the bad ones) until I finally raised hell and demanded upgraded equipment, which of course this ripoff company charged me for. Then after they finally brought me a working unit, they had the nerve to charge me $29 for the service call--to replace their faulty equipment! As soon as this issue of the $400 is resolved one way or the other I'm done with them. I'll just go to Cablevision or FIOS. Enough is enough. This company needs to be investigated!

-reply by Jeff

dish network - fraud or scam - YOU decide

ok- i have decided to talk about some of the stress i've been having with dish network. dish network is a satellite television and audio programing company. they can also be referred to as a DBSS which stands for direct broadcast satellite service.

now i am sure most all of you that live in the united states know who dish network is. they are the parent company of echostar. they are the ones that directly competes with direct t.v.

i would now like to describe my experience with dish network. i signed up with them through an ad i saw in the newspaper in Warsaw, mo. i called up to ask about the offers as they were offering many specials. i chose the $29.99 package in which i receive a discount of $10 a month on my bill each and every month for 10 months(for a total of $100 cash back), free dish protection plan for 18 months(which normally costs $5.99), and a refund of my original setup fee of $50 in the form of a credit on my first bill. the $50 is automatically charged on your credit card when you sign up over the phone. what they also required was to charge me one month prepaid service with them.

well, that day finally arrived when my service would be set up. two guys showed up. evidently, they didn't know exactly what they were doing. not only did it take them 3 hours, the accidental(i assume) put a hole through my roof in to my kitchen ceiling thinking that was the place that they wanted to go through. it wasn't. my first experience with dish left me a hole in my kitchen ceiling that i have to stare at every day.

i didn't pay it much concern at the time considering i was a little excited just to get the service running asap. i had them note their error on the paper i signed and left it at that for the time being.

my first bill comes. it was supposed to be for $19.99(basic service)+$5(additional receiver)+$5(local station programing)+ taxes of less than a dollar which should total around $31 a month at the most. well, my bill wasn't that amount as promised by dish network, it was $20 higher for over $50! woad! i thought to myself. also, my $50 credit never came on my first bill as promised either. well, i was upset. dish network lied to me so i decided to call them. this was my second problem with dish network and it's only been 1 month!

when you call dish network, they ask you what your problem is. they don't really listen to you. what seems to happen is that they read something off a piece of paper sitting in front of them. i was contiguously interrupted by dish network's customer service center employee and that encouraged me to interrupt THEM until they understood my problem. well, i was hung up on by that employee. i then called back, i got another employee to hopefully help me. this time though, i could hardly understand this person with their middle Essen accent and broken English. i still tried to make an effort to explain but again i was interrupted several times. i was now frustrated because these are the people who are supposed to be helping me but they wont let me state my problem before interrupting me.

i asked to speak to a supervisor. at that point, i was very irritated, frustrated and wondering if I'm going to be hung up on again. i was on auto pay with dish network before i knew they would be over charging me. at this point it just seemed like a scam. tell them one thing when they sign up, and then charge other fees as they see fit.

the supervisor i spoke to actually let me finish with everything i had to say. because of this, i had calmed down a little and satisfied that at least someone is listening. my frustrations and anger grew when the supervisor finally spoke. he told me that because my setup wasn't hooked to two separate phone jacks for each receiver, they are charging me $5 more for each receiver(2) for a total of $10 which they call a programming access fee. they also stated i have to wait for my $10 credit until i fill out a rebate form and i will not receive my $50 credit until i fill out another form to receive it. well, i argued with him.

i argued and argued telling this person i knew NOTHING about a programming access fee and if i needed the system to be hooked up to a phone line, why didn't they install it that way? i also told him i was promised a $10 credit every month for 10 months starting with my first bill and i was also promised by the dish network rep that i would receive my $50 credit off my first bill as well. now this has been the third person i was trying to explain my problem to and i timed it. i was on the phone for approximately 3 hours with dish network that day.

i demanded they credit my credit card for what was promised and for what dish network scammed me out of with false statements. they refused! what i finally negotiated was that they credit me $10 for the programming access fee and my $10 credit will start being credited starting the next month, and i will receive $50 credit for the setup fee on my next bill. i decided to pay it on this man's word again. do you believe that? dish network already lied to me with false statement that i consider a scam, and here i go again trusting them. i warn you all now, NEVER trust dish network. dish network cannot be trusted!

well my next bill came. i finally received my $50 credit and they actually credited me the $10 programing access fee that i was never aware of when i signed up. they also started my $10 credit per month as originally promised. i was happy with that. but wait! what was this? they charged me another $10 extra for the next month in programming access fees! Haag how ridiculous! i had to call again and argue for another hour before they told me i didn't have to pay it. next month, same thing. in three months now, i had talked to dish network a total of 5 hours out of my valuable time and energy to get their errors corrected.

i told them i will NEVER pay a programming access fee but i compromised. i again told them that they should have installed the equipment properly so i didn't have to deal with this b.s. and if they want to come out and install it properly, they can so i wouldn't be charged this b.s. fee. they agreed to set me up with an appointment for someone to come out and hook it up properly and the way it should have been hooked up originally. they day finally arrived when they were supposed to be there. guess what. they never showed. guess what? i was charged another $10 on my next bill that i spent about 1/2 hour arguing this time so they would take it off and to set up another appointment. the day came again. they never showed....hahahahaha! wt! guess what....another $10 charged and i called them again to get it stricken and to set up yet ANOTHER appointment with their reliable dish network people. they evidently said they couldn't find the house(at least it's on record that way but they never had a problem coming here to set it up originally and take my money!)

during this whole process it just felt like i was being scammed by a big company worth millions of dollars because of programming access fees that they are just hoping people will pay without any arguments. somewhat like large insurance companies do sometimes when they deny your claim the first time in hope you wont fight it. it's a SCAM i felt that dish network has been successfully in for years.

well, they finally came to my house! i was relieved that i wouldn't have any more problems with these scumbags. calling them every month has left me distressed, angry, sad, depressed, and all sorts of emotions! so i was finally relieved! well, Bahama....sorry, that relief was only temporary hahaha. i laugh because i am remembering how they hooked up the receivers to my two phone jacks. they draped one of the phone cords over my television, on top of my fireplace, through my kitchen opening and in to the phone jack. because of this, the cord never touches the floor and the cord is not securely fastened to the wall. in fact, if you can imagine it, imagine a phone cord that is never even flush with the wall or floor so when the phone cord is draped from one corner of the wall to the other wall, there is about two feet of open space between the phone cord and the corner of the wall! that's how they hooked it up! i took pictures! Bahama it wasn't funny then, but it's funny now after i got over my anger. they expected me to look at that mess they installed just to save $5? NO THANK YOU! i waited for my wife to come home before we both decided we can't have it there. it looks bad, it's in the way of other things in our living room, and it was a hazard for anyone to accidental pull on the cord. especially when we have small children we sometimes take care of here. not to mention a hazard to the receiver if it ever fell off the television if someone accidental pulls on the phone cord. i can just imagine them over charging for that too when they were the ones creating the hazard!

OK- so that was the first receiver. the one upstairs was done a little better but my phone jack wasn't near the receiver just like the one downstairs. they ran is across my floor to the receiver and left it like that. i say a little better because at least the phone cord was flush with something. but again, i was disappointed. another hazard. someone could easily trip and fall or trip and pull the receiver down and break it. when it's a hazard for me or my wife, i KNOW it has to be a serious hazard to small children that we have in the house at times. my wife and i agreed this was unacceptable and unplugged it.

so now, not only did they ruin my ceiling and and put a hole in my roof where it wasn't supposed to be, they have created unprofessional installations and hazards in my home that i am responsible for if anyone gets hurt. they lied to me several times before my installation and after my installation. so now I'm pissed. they still continue to charge me falsely on something i have told them repeatedly that i am not paying EVER. i gave them the option to cancel my service because of this so i can switch to another company. they refuse. they want ME to cancel so they can trump up the cancellation fees. i wont do that either.

so now i mention my ceiling thinking i can use this as a trump card for either free service or to finally satisfy me as a customer without anymore hassles with this programming access fee. well, they want to look at the damage. i refuse. i tell them i have pictures and will get an estimate for the damages. i told them they aren't coming in my house again to create more of a mess than they already have.

so anyway, what happens next? they charged me $30 to have someone come out and install their equipment the way it was supposed to be installed the first time. they charged me $30 for someone to come out and do an unprofessional job which just looked nasty and also created several hazards in my home. also, of course, they are still charging me the programming access fees. so i call them again. i tell them i am not paying another bill until you correct your errors and finally get my problem resolved so i don't have to call again. well, it's been two months and i haven't paid a bill. obviously now they are charging me late fees :) just another way to get more money out of me while i am disputing my whole entire bill as long as they continue to overcharge me. they are charging me late fees illegally i found out. so dish network is operating illegally in the state of Missouri because in the state of Missouri, if you are disputing a bill, that bill is not supposed to be charged late fees. i even wrote my dispute on the money order they cashed. i threatened to take them to court and they didn't seem to concerned.

so now it's been two months. i receive a call from them to call them back about my bill. i suppose dish network wants some money for their services they are fraudulently over charging me for. i Brok down. i decided to call....dreading it....knowing i will have to argue again.....but i want to be fair, so i call them. well, their computers were down the other day(very recent) and they couldn't help me or even tell me why they called me.

so now i am upset. i was holding for a while just for them to tell me this? i asked the # to their corporate office or their executive department. this is the third time i have requested this and each time i am denied that information. they say they don't have it, but they DO. they don't want you to have it for some unknown reason.they don't want you to go up higher in the chain to try to get your problem resolved. they want to keep you with THEM just so they can make your life a total nightmare just like they did mine! they wanted me to call back after their computers are back up. what i told them was why don't you have a supervisor call me when this happens because i am not a psychic and cannot predict when in fact your computers will be operational. she agreed, took my information, and it's been two days now and nobody has attempted to con tat me either by voice or answering machine or voice mail. so i will have to call them back since and dread yet another disturbing call(i CAN predict THAT now....) with dish network where very little will get done about my problems once again.

now i will make updates to this post as time passes. my main objective here is to let out my frustrations and emotions that dish network created inside me. i plan on editing this post later for spelling and gramme and sending this in to their corporate office in Colorado. i also plan on faxing it to their fax # i have. i plan to hit them hard soon with public exposer and i will append this post to include that threat because i believe the public should know the lies dish network tells you, the scams they pull, and how hard it is to be a satisfied customer with them. they cause emotional distress and it's just not right! i grew up in north ridge, ca but now live in a small town in Warsaw, mo. the papers here are smaller than i am used to and they are always itching for a good and well written article to add to their 7-8 page paper. i know as well the t.v. media would eat a story like this up because it's a public awareness story. so if dish network ever reads this, be prepared to solve my problems or do battle. i may not be a million dollar company, but i, unlike you is well respected in my community. i own two businesses here, and i am a very fair and responsible person. they pushed me to my limits where i am now considering hiring an attorney far a case against them.

to back up my story here, i have researched dish network and echostar. both companies have been sued for the same things i am complaining about now and they have lost several times in court. they have a history of deceiving people. they have a history over over charging credit cards. they have a history of charging things on your credit card that you never authorized them to do. they have a history of lying and just being an all around unprofessional company. all my research comes from searches i have done through goggle. I'm hoping this post gets a high ranking for the same things i had to research and this is only the beginning!

has anyone else had problems with dish network? post your vents with them here and make them pay attention!

That is crazy, I have a dish network account and it happen to me too, so i went to direct TV.

I had a problem to what they say, they say things and they don't mean it at all. The service is bad, their customer service hold line was like 1 1/2 hours. I made dinner and ate it and still was on hold, than when they answer, the guy didn't ask the problem, he just said, Hi, My Name is Greg, Father than he was saying all these things that I didn't even care about. I stop him 5 times and he just hung up. I tried it again and some Mexico ascent person was saying things that i didn't even care about and I didn't even understand half of what he said. Then when he said did you trying calling for help, I said I called you and he said 'I don't know what to do or what to say to you, exact whats written on here." I screwed them and moved my service plan to direct TV, a little costly BTU better customer service.

Well when it comes to issues with big companies like this I think it's hard to tell if it's really a "scam" or just a legitimate error. I mean with as many subscribers as these companies have it's somewhat hard to ensure that everything is working 100% in terms of billing and everything. Along with this people try to screw them over 24/7 using different scams, so they have to sift through what is legitimate or not.

I can understand your frustration with this particular company and in no way do I think it's DISHNETWORK themselves, but why on earth wouldn't you just tell them to come out and remove their crap after your first 5 hours of complaining and just settle to go with a cable company? AND my next question is if they put a hole in your roof why didn't you SUE the company? A hole in my roof and I would have sued and had them remove their crap from the git-go!By the way we have DISHNETWORK and only pay $38.00 month. The people who did the work have a franchise with them, so we get 100% satisfaction and attention. -reply by Dominick J. DiNoto

Well when it comes to issues with big companies like this I think it's hard to tell if it's really a "scam" or just a legitimate error. I mean with as many subscribers as these companies have it's somewhat hard to ensure that everything is working 100% in terms of billing and everything. Along with this people try to screw them over 24/7 using different scams, so they have to sift through what is legitimate or not.

NO NO NO! i agree and understand what you are saying as far as legitimate error and such and some sort of confusion with the bigger compainies where more errors will occur than not, BUT! i have spent probably over 20 hours total on the phone with dish. i have talked to the customer service reps that i have a hard time understanding with their accent, i have talked to supervosors, and i have talked to the complaint dept. in there main branch in colorado. i have NEVER EVER in my life(i am 40) experienced more problems. it's not errors that need resolving. it's their false claims they make when advertising to confuse people. they kjnow exactly what they are doing to get a high subscriber base. some people are rich enough to just pay the crap they overcharge for without worrying about complaining all the time and those are the stories you wont hear about. i am not rich. i am on a limited budget and i believe in paying for only the things that were offered to me.

now if you look at the contract. it's actually 2 seperate pages front and back. nobody in their right mind would read the whole damn thing before they sign. they just sign. turns out, dish claims they aren't liable for anything within their contract. even if they damage something or their subcontractors damage a home while installing equipment. they say they aren't liable haha.

when you have a few complaints about errors, that is one thing. but when you get hundreds of people claiming how dish is screwing them over, that's a whole seperate issue there bud. dish network strategy is to get as many subscribors as possible and then weed out those that have a problem with them later either by early termination(which they think they protect themselves in the contract) or waiting out the 18 month contract and go with another company. dish wins either way. they even put in the contract that even if you don't pay by credit card, they have the right to charge on your credit card. that is right on the contract in small print haha they fool you in their advertising acting like your getting a good deal when actually you are NOT. your only recourse is to spend the 20-30 hours on the phone like i have and get things resolved. read my update i plan on writing after this.....
Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

I can understand your frustration with this particular company and in no way do I think it's DISHNETWORK themselves, but why on earth wouldn't you just tell them to come out and remove their crap after your first 5 hours of complaining and just settle to go with a cable company? AND my next question is if they put a hole in your roof why didn't you SUE the company? A hole in my roof and I would have sued and had them remove their crap from the git-go!
By the way we have DISHNETWORK and only pay $38.00 month. The people who did the work have a franchise with them, so we get 100% satisfaction and attention.

-reply by Dominick J. DiNoto

i was going to go that route but dish will charge you if you are going to cancel. this charge is different for everyone and it pretty much equals the total amount you would normally pay for your 18 month service agreement. if people didn't sign up for the 18 month service agreement then it would be easier to cancel. they go with the 18 month service because dish claims you are saving money. in reality, you waste time on the phone because they don't give you what they said they would offer you for the 18 month commitment.

funny story here. i had someone come out to install my phone lines to their recievers. this guy told me that he gets his service free or that's what he was told. turned out he as well. someone who installs this stuff and works directly with dish has a problem with the company he works for haha. he told me they charged him fees here and there and it wasn't completely free as he was told. haha gotta love their contractors.

dish network - fraud or scam - YOU decide

dish now decided to raise their prices. $3. this is my current complaint with dish network. i called customer service and they told me dish has the right to raise prices as stated on the contract. i told them i have a problem with this. i asked them. well if someone signed up for 29.99 a month the month before you raised prices, and they thought they were only going to pay 29.99 a month, are you still going to raise prices on them too? "yes", he answered. haha well, i skipped talking to a supervisor. they don't know jack about anything. they just get paid to act like supervisors but are really a customer service rep tat gets paid .50 more an hour to take those calls and will tell you the same as any other person you talk to.

now when i contacted the exectutive office in colorado before, bill watson is the one i talked to. he was fair and knocked off a large amount i was over paying on my bill. he stated he didn't have to do this because my contract stated i would have to pay misc. fees but he did it for me to resolve my issue. i tried calling direct this time and keep getting an answering machine. i leave my account#, my name, and my phone # ever time and i still haven't recieved a call back. he assured me that if i had any other problems to give him a call. well, that's what i am doing and still haven't recieved a call back from him. is he avoiding me? are other customers complaining so much he doesn't want to deal with me who has the same problem with the price increase? btw if anyone didn't read my past posts, his # in colorado is 720-514-7332. this is his direct #. maybe other people can have better luck calling it than i havebeen having.

i am going to refuse to pay an overcharge until by complaint gets heard and resolved. i have about 3 more months until my commitment is over and i am 2 months over due right now.

now even if something is on a contract you sign doesn't back it binding and legal. nothing is binding unless it is legal. i don't know the legalities of raising prices when i made an 18 month commitment. if they have a right to raise prices to whatever they want, then shouldn't i have a right to agree or disagree? if i agree, i pay it. if i don't agree, i should have the right not to pay the extra money or have the right to cancel without being charged to cancel, shouldn't i? why is it that dish give all the rights to their own selves in their contracts and disregard any rights the consumers have? that's not only not right, it's unfair and deceitfull to make consumers believe they hold no rights after they sign a contract. who the heck made dish network god?!?!?

so 3-4 months before my contract expires, they are trying to get me again with hidden fees and raised costs. haha i knew my resolution wouldn't last forever. i can't wait to cancel and i can't wait til the whole world knows about my experiences with dish because i can gaurantee that i am not the only one. if do a search for problems with dish, you can see thousands of complaints by others. this is too excessive to just be some simple errors.

btw- dish requires a credit card to qualify or at least your bank account info. they say they are running a credit check but they don't care about your credit. they require your financial info so they can charge you without your knowledge when you refuse to pay something that wasn't agreed upon. there's been cases where people have returned their equipment and dish claims they never got it and there have been charges of 500-1000 dollars that wasn't authorized except within the contract to do so. they want their money first, then they will try to resolve the problem of missing equipment. if don't believe me, google all the complaints and you will run it to the same problems everyone is discussing here.

dish network, WATCH OUT! when i decide to cancel, i am cancelling my credit card haha you will have no information to charge me if i refuse to pay anything. my bank will issue me a new account no problem.

BILL WATSON- you need to answer your phone and return important phone calls. isn't this your job? what are they paying you to do over there in the resolution dept.???