xisto Community
galexcd

The Earth Is Really Flat Its a conspiracy

There are so many holes in the flat earth theory it's not even funny. How do S-Waves which are triggered on the opposite side of the world travel to the other side of the world, with noticeable slowdown in the center where the core is? How do we travel from New York, to Australia, to Africa without chaning direction? When plate tectonics is in effect what's going to happen to the plates as they move? Do you really think they're going to fall off the face of the Earth? What about the fissure in Africa which shows that the tectonic plates are shifting? How is water contained, or does it float out into space? That ice wall just proves that there was a shift in the crust somewhere in its history causing a dip and reattatching. How did the Japanese sail to America through the Pacific, and the Europeans through the Atlantic if the Earth is flat? How did Shackleton make it to the south pole, and Byrd in the north? How do you explain the change in seasons in the northern and southern hemispheres while the equator stays constant? How does wind blow in a generally consistent direction (the westerlies, the trade winds, et cetera)? Where are the magma pools for volcanoes? Why do different stars show up in different seasons, and the stars shown in each hemisphere differ completely (well, there might be one or two of the same stars)? How does the moon crescent and how do lunar eclipses occur? I'm sure more qualified people could give you even bigger holes.And why would the government want you to believe this? There isn't a good reason why they'd want you to believe this. It doesn't rake them in any more money and it doesn't rake them in any bigger than they are now. Heck, people are complaining of cuts due to the Iraq war even though they don't really do anything productive anymore. And how would NASA fabricate Blue Marble in the 70s? They'd need a Michaelangelo to get that much detail, perhaps more, and painters like him aren't exactly walking down the street every day. Even better is how did they fabricate this without a frame of reference? I call shenanigans on this. It's just a nutty conspiracy that scientifically doesn't make sense from even a geological point of view. I can take the a banking conspiracy but this doesn't even have any basis whatsoever on anything other than centuries of superstition, and I'd like to see a bit more proof into the whole banking thing as well.Once you give me something that doesn't look like some generic crevass, you lay out solid evidence, you conduct an expiriment, and follow the scientific method to create a respectable theory, maybe I could believe you, but I can't because there isn't anything that you have proven.

@TetractaIf you haven't noticed yet I was being quite sarcastic and I don't actually believe that theory, but there are people on that forum that i linked to who actually do believe it! I was in a way making fun of them :)

I'm not suprised I screwed up on that. I've always had trouble detecting sarcasm.I've seen that forum before on digg, and people blasted so many holes through that theory it makes me wonder why they still believe it in the first place unless they were die-hard conservatives.

The Earth is flat, huh? Well, I have made a few observations from the ground. Tell me what you think, okay?

Why do the sun and moon move in arcs across the sky? Is it possible that these round objects are circling a flat rock? Hm-m-m-m

Who made the first observation that a ship slowly disappeared, from the bottom, up, as it moved further and further away?

Could that possibly indicate a round surface (at least, in that one location)?

But there does appear to be, at least, one paradox in the universe. Maybe, you can answer this puzzling observation that I have made on numerous occasions.

Why do I look at some people, who have somewhat round heads and think,

“What a flathead!!!”

The Earth is flat, huh? Well, I have made a few observations from the ground. Tell me what you think, okay?

okay

Why do the sun and moon move in arcs across the sky? Is it possible that these round objects are circling a flat rock? Hm-m-m-m

They are flat too, it's just an illusion!

Who made the first observation that a ship slowly disappeared, from the bottom, up, as it moved further and further away?

Could that possibly indicate a round surface (at least, in that one location)?

The government has huge screens where they project the image of ships sinking into the horizon to give this illusion. Ships really don't do this.

But there does appear to be, at least, one paradox in the universe. Maybe, you can answer this puzzling observation that I have made on numerous occasions.

Why do I look at some people, who have somewhat round heads and think,

What a flathead!!!

It's a conspiracy!

lol so this was posted to a subforum other than jokes to prove the point of your sarcasm? funny. well you really don't need to have pictures of the earth to prove that it's flat or round or whatever. the whole dynamics of the earth explains it all. rock formations, the north and south poles. the geologists have proven that the poles of the earth were somehow changing over time. they found out about this through the metallic component of the rocks. there is a certain degree of alignment which these rocks follow that seem to also indicate the earth's shape. not only that, the whole mountain ranges or ocean trenches explains it as well. if the earth is flat, and the crust kept on moving, the continents wouldn't have probably be what it is right now. there's no asia, africa, etcetera.

Well then... ehmm... why dont we just hope that the ice wall doesnt melt, It appears there is no funding to construct a concrete o steel wall that would absolutely be more secure than an ice wall that is probably melting already. There is funding to build a wall between Mexico and the United States though. Lol..

the geologists have proven that the poles of the earth were somehow changing over time. they found out about this through the metallic component of the rocks. there is a certain degree of alignment which these rocks follow that seem to also indicate the earth's shape. not only that, the whole mountain ranges or ocean trenches explains it as well. if the earth is flat, and the crust kept on moving, the continents wouldn't have probably be what it is right now. there's no asia, africa, etcetera.

Those geologists you speak of have been corrupted by the government! NASA has been compromised! Everybody get out of here while you still can!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Well then... ehmm... why dont we just hope that the ice wall doesnt melt, It appears there is no funding to construct a concrete o steel wall that would absolutely be more secure than an ice wall that is probably melting already. There is funding to build a wall between Mexico and the United States though. Lol..

Don't worry the ice wall isn't going to melt, it's actually getting larger. The earth is entering another ice age. This whole global warming is just a story put out by the government to have people who believe in this "ice wall" think that it can't exist anymore!

:)

Q.How come when I flush my toilet in the northern hemisphere it goes counterclockwise but I have this friend in Australia and when he flushes it goes clockwise?
A.You're mistaken. On a round Earth, the Coriolis effect adds at most one (counter)clockwise rotation per day; fewer as you get closer to the equator. The water in your toilet/sink/bathtub/funnel spins much faster than that (probably at least once per minute, or 1440 times per day) so the additional/lost rotation from the Coriolis effect wouldn't be noticed.

Ha ha ha , i cant stop laughing,, flush the toilet and reaches autralia, lol.. its like digging in china and reaching america.. lol really funning,, awesome post.

Since now we have proof that Earth is in fact flat, and that there is a wall surrounding it, the wall of ice, I have a little question... Does Earth stop there? What's behind that wall, why are governments so afraid to tell us about this ice wall? Something fishy is going on, and I intend to find out what... As Alex dared to go, and find that ice wall, and bring back proff, I shall dare and go on a quest to the ice wall, and go beyond it, and find out what it is they're hiding! Averyone is welcome to join me, help will be greatly appreciated, and will probably be needed...If I don't return, don't forget me...

wow, i cannot believe what i am reading. this sounds absolutely rediculous. when i saw the title of this thread i though maybe it would be backed-up by some type of logical thought. but no. very funny though. i do like the answer to why there is gravity. very creative. i went to the website and read more on the faq page.....it would be really cool if they followed up on the conspiracy with something besides money. very interesting though.

Yes, the Earth is really flat!Who sailed around world only sailed a circularity on a flat, because they didn't really find a correct direction, we never found the border of earth, because compass is also part of the conspiracy.The other side of flat earth lives some life which have big buoyancy like balloon, they keep the flat earth not to sink. We called that kind of life as Balloon Tortoise.We also have a sphericity sky, it around us, and sometimes leak waters down.

It's an interesting theory, but what about when people fly in planes.How would this society find out about it and why would the conspirators not cover it up properly.

And as I neared the Northern wall, a bunch of governmental agents ambushed me, and took me to some secret base.. I believe it was underground, but I can be mistaken... They have interrogated me for hours, and then they drugged me again, and when I woke up, I was in some forrest, several hundred kilometers from the Northern wall... And infected with some unknown virus or bacteria... I'm currently gundergoing some tests, to try and find out what this illness is, and whether it is contagious or not... For the time being, I'm quarantined, to prevent any possible infection of others... But when I get well... I'm going over that wall... Be sure of that...

It's an interesting theory, but what about when people fly in planes.
How would this society find out about it and why would the conspirators not cover it up properly.

Planes don't really fly. They are actually underground with television screens in all the windows to make you think you are actually flying... Planes work like subways.

As for the conspirators, they are trying to stop them.... they are on my trail but I relocate every day to make sure that they don't catch me...

And as I neared the Northern wall, a bunch of governmental agents ambushed me, and took me to some secret base.. I believe it was underground, but I can be mistaken... They have interrogated me for hours, and then they drugged me again, and when I woke up, I was in some forrest, several hundred kilometers from the Northern wall... And infected with some unknown virus or bacteria... I'm currently gundergoing some tests, to try and find out what this illness is, and whether it is contagious or not... For the time being, I'm quarantined, to prevent any possible infection of others... But when I get well... I'm going over that wall... Be sure of that...

Good luck... You are braver than I was... I only took a picture I didn't try to get over the wall. How do you have internet access where you are? Is there a computer in the middle of the forest!? :P
Edited by alex7h3pr0gr4m3r (see edit history)